Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

I pussied out just now and just sprayed it into the sink. Then I looked at my gut and was like wtf, do you wanna lose this shit or not? Lol maybe tomorrow. Good job this stuff is cheap(ish).

Are you using Q’s stuff?
Nah I'm not on their stuff. I order from a canadian domestic source. Is it the side effects you're worried about or the injection?

Nah I'm not on their stuff. I order from a canadian domestic source. Is it the side effects you're worried about or the injection?
Ah gotcha.

Side effects for sure. Couldn’t care less about the actual injection. I was trying to work out if I’d be feeling the same if it was a legit pharma product and I don’t think I would to be fair.

Ah gotcha.

Side effects for sure. Couldn’t care less about the actual injection. I was trying to work out if I’d be feeling the same if it was a legit pharma product and I don’t think I would to be fair.
I can't speak for QSC's stuff but they seem to have a good reputation. You're being smart by starting out at half the normal starting dose. Believe me, if everything is fine you'll be really happy you pulled the trigger on this one. It makes weight loss unbelievably easy.

I’ve read some positive things about sema and QSC’s stuff specifically but I keep reminding myself of the horror stories I’ve read… I don’t wanna waste this stuff but I can’t bring myself to f*cking stick myself :rolleyes:
QSC's stuff is some of the best tested in the biz. Nobody has died even a little bit.

The horror stories are mostly around:
1. people not understanding the difference between a mg and ml or forgetting their decimals...
2. people ignoring obvious and worsening side effects over multiple months.

GLP1s clear your system within a few weeks; if you're someone who they don't agree with, it's not something that will be a problem if you have half a functioning brain. But the impacts -- for most people, who they do work for -- are astounding and surprising. Nothing is risk-free, but this is one of the ones with a very high ROI.

I can't speak for QSC's stuff but they seem to have a good reputation. You're being smart by starting out at half the normal starting dose. Believe me, if everything is fine you'll be really happy you pulled the trigger on this one. It makes weight loss unbelievably easy.
I appreciate the encouragement… if/when I do it, I’ll stick an update up here after.

QSC's stuff is some of the best tested in the biz. Nobody has died even a little bit.

The horror stories are mostly around:
1. people not understanding the difference between a mg and ml or forgetting their decimals...
2. people ignoring obvious and worsening side effects over multiple months.

GLP1s clear your system within a few weeks; if you're someone who they don't agree with, it's not something that will be a problem if you have half a functioning brain. But the impacts -- for most people, who they do work for -- are astounding and surprising. Nothing is risk-free, but this is one of the ones with a very high ROI.
Yeah they’re fair points… thanks. I did my research before buying and was confident in QSC - it’s just the niggling irrational fear that has only just decided to come out haha.

I know for a fact that if I start using this compound and it works well for me, my life could literally change…. massive ROI as you say

Yeah they’re fair points… thanks. I did my research before buying and was confident in QSC - it’s just the niggling irrational fear that has only just decided to come out haha.

I know for a fact that if I start using this compound and it works well for me, my life could literally change…. massive ROI as you say
Yeah I was a bit nervous because of the horror stories but the drug has been surprisingly gentle considering how well it works. I haven't had any side effects at all aside from feeling ill after getting stoned and consuming a large pizza, but my dosage was 1.5mg at that point and I obviously was just asking for problems in that situation lol

A question to those using tirzepitide - we are getting reports from weight loss colleagues that they are seeing significant muscle mass loss. any experience with this here?
I'm in my upper 40s and did 2 DEXA body composition scans 24 weeks apart while on tirzepatide. The first scan was 8 weeks into treatment and I had already lost 12 lbs by then. That scan was also 10 days after starting TRT (150mg/wk, then reduced to 125).

I did another scan today. Since the first scan, DEXA says I lost another 27 lbs of fat, visceral fat dropped by 41%, and I added 2.5lbs of lean mass and increased bone mineral density. 2.5lbs is probably in the noise (water, bowel movement), but I at the very least I'm confident I maintained muscle. And I also gained a lot of strength.

I do an hour of zone 2 cardio 3x per week, lift heavy 3-4x per week for a min of 1 hr each time, and eat a minimum of 1.8g of protein per kg of total bodyweight.

27lbs over 24 weeks at 3500 cals/lb fat is -560 cals/day, but there were a few weeks early in the TRT program where I was too hungry to hit a decent deficit and I didn't lose much. When I am losing, I'm targeting -750/day. I track and weigh everything I eat in Cronometer, and I import exercise calories burned from the Polar Flow app (I use a Polar H10 chest strap). I initially thought Polar Flow overestimated calories burned, but the caloric balance math checks out.

I obviously had a lot of fat stores to draw from and suspect that the last 5-8 lbs I have to go will cost me a little muscle. I think the testosterone and protein saved the day.

Yeah I was a bit nervous because of the horror stories but the drug has been surprisingly gentle considering how well it works. I haven't had any side effects at all aside from feeling ill after getting stoned and consuming a large pizza, but my dosage was 1.5mg at that point and I obviously was just asking for problems in that situation lol
Super reassuring to hear.

+ I’ll make sure I don’t get stoned and order a large pizza (not that I need weed to do that anyways lmao)

At least 1 death from semaglutide(google it, was under dr care), so dont trust people that say 100% safe.... would be surprising if wasn't more, esp in 5-10 years after patent ends imagine cancers will magically be reported... but ya think its people who have sides and keep upping dose, get impacted/constipated and die from sepsis. eat meamusil and soluble fibre and drink more water..

At least 1 death from semaglutide(google it, was under dr care), so dont trust people that say 100% safe.... would be surprising if wasn't more, esp in 5-10 years after patent ends imagine cancers will magically be reported... but ya think its people who have sides and keep upping dose, get impacted/constipated and die from sepsis. eat meamusil and soluble fibre and drink more water..
I'm starting to think you just enjoy scaring the shit out of people.

I'm in my upper 40s and did 2 DEXA body composition scans 24 weeks apart while on tirzepatide. The first scan was 8 weeks into treatment and I had already lost 12 lbs by then. That scan was also 10 days after starting TRT (150mg/wk, then reduced to 125).

I did another scan today. Since the first scan, DEXA says I lost another 27 lbs of fat, visceral fat dropped by 41%, and I added 2.5lbs of lean mass and increased bone mineral density. 2.5lbs is probably in the noise (water, bowel movement), but I at the very least I'm confident I maintained muscle. And I also gained a lot of strength.

I do an hour of zone 2 cardio 3x per week, lift heavy 3-4x per week for a min of 1 hr each time, and eat a minimum of 1.8g of protein per kg of total bodyweight.

27lbs over 24 weeks at 3500 cals/lb fat is -560 cals/day, but there were a few weeks early in the TRT program where I was too hungry to hit a decent deficit and I didn't lose much. When I am losing, I'm targeting -750/day. I track and weigh everything I eat in Cronometer, and I import exercise calories burned from the Polar Flow app (I use a Polar H10 chest strap). I initially thought Polar Flow overestimated calories burned, but the caloric balance math checks out.

I obviously had a lot of fat stores to draw from and suspect that the last 5-8 lbs I have to go will cost me a little muscle. I think the testosterone and protein saved the day.
That's awesome. Do you mind sharing your before and after T-score for Bone Density? I assume it was only whole body BMD they did rather than at specific sites such as spine/femoral neck etc.?

The first time I did sema I lasted one month till the sides get me. I seem to get hit hard by side effects from a wide variety of meds. I took 1.5 months and tried again and the sides are not bad at all the second time around.

That's awesome. Do you mind sharing your before and after T-score for Bone Density? I assume it was only whole body BMD they did rather than at specific sites such as spine/femoral neck etc.?
They don't give you the level of detail you'd get from a dedicated BMD scan, but they do give you area, bone mineral content (grams) and bone mineral density (divide the 2) as an area density, I assume because X-rays compress depth.

You get those numbers for each limb, left/right ribs, thoracic and lumbar spine, pelvis and head. Then you get a total t-score and z-score.

Before: t/z 0.2, 0.3. After: 0.6, 0.6.

Before, my bmd was uneven left-right. It evened out. Most of the increase was in my legs and ribs (more squat and DL loading?). I don't consume a lot of dairy or supplement calcium.

Edit: that's taking anastrozole also.

Last edited:

I do better with Miralax or generic (anything with PEG) over fiber bulking stuff like Metamucil. A fraction of the regular dose (I eyeball about 1/6 of the measuring cap) daily plus plenty of water and ordinary fiber in the diet (salad, lentils)

nice, I was more speaking to people who aren't getting enough fibre and experience GI issues related to decreased motility on sema. the non soluble fibre is nice as helps get ride of bile waste/cholesterol aswell as keep things moving and keeping ur gut hydrated/soft. maybe those graphics on Metamucil commercial sold me I dunno lol.

Thing about GLP1s is that they do more than just slow down digestion. They change impaired insulin response and signalling. And a few other things too. Sema to some extent, Tirz to a greater extent, Reta TBD.

I strongly believe they will become one of those classes of drugs like statins that eventually they just put most people on, because the benefits are so huge and systemic.

In the study of overweight and obese patients based on body mass index who had preexisting heart disease but not diabetes, Wegovy reduced the risk of non-fatal heart attack by 28%, non-fatal stroke by 7% and heart-related death by 15% compared to a placebo.

Given that patients had not started losing weight when the cardiovascular benefits first appeared suggests the heart protection was not purely the result of weight loss, Novo said.

Always important to look not just at risks but also benefits. And ftr these drugs are not even new -- they've been around in some form or other since 2005.

But yeah, stock up on the fibre.

Last edited: