Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Oh I can do that? I remember when I first checked the site out it said Mounjaro was in short supply and now it is gone so that’s what gave me pause. I just know I’ll need that copay card since I won’t be approved for any of them through insurance.

Oh I can do that? I remember when I first checked the site out it said Mounjaro was in short supply and now it is gone so that’s what gave me pause. I just know I’ll need that copay card since I won’t be approved for any of them through insurance.
I think that's through their alpha pharmacy. I don't think it's in short supply at the local pharmacies

I'm a firm believer in just following the dosing directions of the manufacturer. It seems to work the best. I have lost 31 lb with the doses recommended in the instructions.....0.25mg a month....0.5 mg a month....1mg a month. That's what I did to lose 31 lb and now I'm just kind of maintaining. I have not went over the 1 mg but soon I may have to bump it up to 2 mg I don't think I will go much higher than that. I think the slow escalation is key to losing weight. I mean there's a reason they tell you to dose it that way in the instructions.
So you took just 0.25mg per month, not per week for the first month and 0.5mg per month, not per week for the second month?

Ok, so here's my update.

I did .25mg for 8 weeks. I only went up to .50mg out of curiosity, and have been at .50mg for 3 months.

And finally now, I feel like I have developed a tolerance. It still works, but nowhere near as good. It's still great though.

I don't know whether to continue at this dose, up the dose, or take a break.

Based on my experience, my recommendation is to stay at the lowest dose for as long as possible. This is marathon and not a sprint.

Ok, so here's my update.

I did .25mg for 8 weeks. I only went up to .50mg out of curiosity, and have been at .50mg for 3 months.

And finally now, I feel like I have developed a tolerance. It still works, but nowhere near as good. It's still great though.

Based on my experience, my recommendation is to stay at the lowest dose for as long as possible. This is marathon and not a sprint.
As with any drug, take the lowest effective dose. If you feel it is still effective enough, I would not increase the dose. If you feel like the effect is diminished so much that it isn’t doing the job anymore, then up it.

Ok, so here's my update.

What brand are you using? I have had the exact opposite of this experience with compounded vials and Ozempic

At what dosage do they recommend stopping and taking a break entirely? Or do they suggest just staying on the max dosage once achieved?
Depends on what you're using it for. Dosing maxes out (in the trials) at 2.4mg/week. I would just stop when you reach your goal weight. Thats what i'm gonna do. Should be there in about 1.5 months. If you're diabetic or use it to control BG then i suppose you cab stay on. Metformin would be a much cheaper option if its just to control BG i think.

Last edited:
Metformin would be a much cheaper option if its just to control BG i think.
It should be mentioned that Metformin only does it to some extend if compared to semaglutide or tirzepatide. Semaglutide at 2mg per week was capable to reduce bg levels of diabetics to normal, healthy levels (hba1c of 5.7 or below), tirzepatide even did it at the lowest dose of 5mg. There is currently no other drug class that is capable of doing so, besides GLP-1 RAs. So Metformin is def cheaper but also less effective.

Depends on what you're using it for. Dosing maxes out (in the trials) at 2.4mg/week. I would just stop when you reach your goal weight. Thats what i'm gonna do. Should be there in about 1.5 months. If you're diabetic or use it to control BG then i suppose you cab stay on. Metformin would be a much cheaper option if its just to control BG i think.
No, I had no diabetic issues or anything ever. I was concerned about messing something up by hopping on it. I’m probably 6 weeks in. It helps me get full much quicker for sure but does nothing for cravings. I just ordered tirzapetide to try instead. Also ordered more Sema but hoping I don’t need to try them together.

No, I had no diabetic issues or anything ever. I was concerned about messing something up by hopping on it. I’m probably 6 weeks in. It helps me get full much quicker for sure but does nothing for cravings. I just ordered tirzapetide to try instead. Also ordered more Sema but hoping I don’t need to try them together.
Try them seperate first, see where that get you.
For me the TIrzepatide is awesome untill day 4-5 then the effect completely wears off. I then use some semaglutide to bridge those last days. This way my appetite is 7/7 supressed and eating like a somalian child is easy. I'm currently on week 9 and lost quite some bodyfat without any effort. I do plan on stopping soon to start my bulk. Hoping to regain all that sensitivty when the next cut comes.

How quickly does it work after injecting? Because the weekend is the most difficult for me to avoid food so was thinking on injecting on Friday or saturday morning?