Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

My Mounjaro script from HelloAlpha now bumped to 5mg, lost 15 pounds in the first month on just 2.5mg!

Is anyone having libido issues on semaglutide? I thought it was my cycle but it's been a while and my libido is not ideal at all...
Haven't noticed any difference from Mounjaro script nor UGL semaglutide regarding libido.

I'm a 79 kg male, 34 years old, and for me 1.5 mg of sema every three of four days seems to be the sweetspot for appetite suppression. I can eat nutritious food and yet not crave junk. I inject in my thighs.

I gradually upped my dose, first four weeks there were some gastro issues, but nothing too severe. I expected my energy to drop, but that did not happen.

If you are talking to me. I am dose reducing it quite a bit now.
No I actually meant Tobbey47 who is injecting 1.5mg every 3 days. Just be careful guys. I personally would only dose as high as any study that has been done in a large clinical trial. For semaglutide thats 2.4mg max I think.

No I actually meant Tobbey47 who is injecting 1.5mg every 3 days. Just be careful guys. I personally would only dose as high as any study that has been done in a large clinical trial. For semaglutide thats 2.4mg max I think.
some people would say the same thing for you... doctors wouldnt prescribe 2x GLP-agonists

I'm a 79 kg male, 34 years old, and for me 1.5 mg of sema every three of four days seems to be the sweetspot for appetite suppression. I can eat nutritious food and yet not crave junk. I inject in my thighs.

I gradually upped my dose, first four weeks there were some gastro issues, but nothing too severe. I expected my energy to drop, but that did not happen.
Where in your thighs? Muscle or fat?

Cheers mate for the warning! I appreciate it.

I take non-pharma grade Sema, and by my anecdotal (n=1) experience I'd say it's definitely less potent than the stuff they used in those studies (I had read what I could get my hands on before even dabbling in GLP-1 agonists).

So by that rationale, I figured 1.5 mg per 3 or 4 days would make approx. 3 mg per week, that's close enough to the 2.4 mg ceiling when the pharma-grade stuff is used.

I've been monitoring any side effects and I seem to be alright.

I've been using Sema for about 10 weeks now, last week I underwent an extensive blood panel, incl. liver enzymes screening, all bits and bobs, and it has come out excellent.

@Cridi887 I inject in fat. I pinch a bunch of skin, pin it in there, and wham, bam, done. When I first got into peptides I pinned into my belly, but I bruise there relatively easily and it looked nasty. Thighs are not as visible most of the time. So if there's a bit of post-pin swelling or a little bruise there, who cares.

I don't know if this was asked already, does it have any effect on cardio or energy over all. I know strength would take a hit due to lower calories but curious on its effect on general well-being.

I don't know if this was asked already, does it have any effect on cardio or energy over all. I know strength would take a hit due to lower calories but curious on its effect on general well-being.
I actually didnt lose much strength or energy. I have read an scientific article that GLP-1 RAs like sema tend to not give the body the signal to downregulate energy expenditure like it would when doing a classic diet by reducing calories.

My energy has not tanked on sema, but I've been taking it easy, admittedly. I've been a runner, lifting comes as secondary, and I've shortened my runs / slowed the tempo when I started sema. Been liable to blood glucose drops even without any blood-sugar modifying drugs. Your mileage may vary, of course. Titrate up the dose slowly, listen to your body.

I’m on week 2 of .25mg sema, and I’m done. Can barely eat anything, no energy, can’t sleep worth a damn now. My wife seems to be ok with it, but it’s definitely not for me.

I’m on week 2 of .25mg sema, and I’m done. Can barely eat anything, no energy, can’t sleep worth a damn now. My wife seems to be ok with it, but it’s definitely not for me.
You will get used to it. You could also cut the dose in half. You will avoid tolerance that way.

Try it again at a reduced dose. Trust me. It depends on your goals but you will get used to it.

You will get used to it. You could also cut the dose in half. You will avoid tolerance that way.

Try it again at a reduced dose. Trust me. It depends on your goals but you will get used to it.

Too bad it doesn't bode well with you, did you try lowering the dose?
I was just trying the stuff out with my wife to see how well it works. Lost a little over 6lbs so far in 13 days, but this is due to it causing me to starve myself.

I’m not mad at it as it 100% works, but I can’t get in enough protein. I couldn’t even eat 4oz of filet last night for dinner. I may try again when I want to cut weight and start around .125mg.