Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

I was just trying the stuff out with my wife to see how well it works. Lost a little over 6lbs so far in 13 days, but this is due to it causing me to starve myself.

I’m not mad at it as it 100% works, but I can’t get in enough protein. I couldn’t even eat 4oz of filet last night for dinner. I may try again when I want to cut weight and start around .125mg.
I might do this, .125mg for the first 2 weeks then increase it to .25mg if needed. My gooal is to be able to curb my appetite and help with insulin sensitivity not starve lol. If I can get away with the smallest dose for 16 weeks that's a win already.

I might do this, .125mg for the first 2 weeks then increase it to .25mg if needed. My gooal is to be able to curb my appetite and help with insulin sensitivity not starve lol. If I can get away with the smallest dose for 16 weeks that's a win already.
I wish I had this problem. I can eat anything still on this stuff but it does make me lose fat

Hopefully .125 isn’t too bad. I don’t know if this is common for everyone when they first start, or if I have some kind of hyper response to it. I was hoping just for an appetite curb as well.

That’s crazy! I ate maybe 4 bites of that steak last night and my body was telling me I’m done eating. I was almost disgusted just thinking about trying to finish it. The stuff is definitely weird.
Wow, that's crazy. This should be prescribed to every morbidly obese person healthy enough to take it.

That’s crazy! I ate maybe 4 bites of that steak last night and my body was telling me I’m done eating. I was almost disgusted just thinking about trying to finish it. The stuff is definitely weird.
This is what it's supposed to do. It shuts down hunger. That wears off a bit though. Eventually, if you force yourself to eat, you will be able to do it. But the main thing that helps weight loss is an overall less amount of calories eaten.

I ate a 16oz steak the other night. Been on semiglutide 4 months. It's wierd some meals I cant finish. Like shit food on cheat day....but no issues on healthy meats.

I lost 16 lbs first month in on just Mounjaro 2.5mg, now I'm upped to 5mg and it's insane how much it suppresses appetite and craving for junk. Even taking Lyrica and smoking a fat joint I couldn't eat a third of what I used to. The stuff is magic, zero side effects.

Unfortunately on the other hand, my Semaglutide experience was not good. Insane heartburn, restlessness, constant nausea, and far less appetite suppression than even Mounjaro 2.5, I think because I'm a person that when I'm nauseous it makes me want to eat more.

I lost 16 lbs first month in on just Mounjaro 2.5mg, now I'm upped to 5mg and it's insane how much it suppresses appetite and craving for junk. Even taking Lyrica and smoking a fat joint I couldn't eat a third of what I used to. The stuff is magic, zero side effects.

Unfortunately on the other hand, my Semaglutide experience was not good. Insane heartburn, restlessness, constant nausea, and far less appetite suppression than even Mounjaro 2.5, I think because I'm a person that when I'm nauseous it makes me want to eat more.
So semaglutide gave you heartburn but tirzepatide (Mounjaro) does not? That's interesting. I do experience some mild heartburn with semaglutide, too.

Recently I tapered sema off and decided to give tirzepatide (mounjaro) a try.

On sema, I had burps, heartburn, diarrhea, and some light-headedness for the first few days, let's say up to two weeks. Then it mellowed out and I experienced no sides whatsoever. I gradually titrated up to 1,5mg every 4 days of generic, non-med grade sema.

Now, on tirzepatide (mounjaro), there have been pretty much no digestive side effects. No burps, no heartburn, no nothing. Currently on 5mg per week. I reckon this can be connected to my body having already adjusted to sema. But it's just my conjecture.

Appetite-blunting seems comparable to 1.5mg sema so far.

BUT as compared to injecting sema, when I inject tirzepatide I get a red and swollen circle around the injection that lasts for about four days. It's not a bother, really, it's just a bit alarming, visually. No pain, no severe itchiness. Just a tender spot about an inch in diameter. I inquired at the pharmacy about this (even though I'm not using med-grade tirzepatide) and I was told it's an allergic reaction that is not dangerous and more than half of patients get it. It should clear over time. It also does not decrease tirzepatide's efficacy. One can use anti-allergy creams if one so wishes.

Now if one has swollen face, puffy eyes, or low-grade fever, there's a reason for concern. Could be hypersensitivity to some component of sema or tirz that is hard to predict. Not my case, fortunately.

Last edited:
So semaglutide gave you heartburn but tirzepatide (Mounjaro) does not? That's interesting. I do experience some mild heartburn with semaglutide, too.
I get no sides from tirzepitide and I get sulfur burps and heart burn from sema but no appetite suppression or craving suppression or feeling of fullness.

Cheers mate for the warning! I appreciate it.
I've been using Sema for about 10 weeks now, last week I underwent an extensive blood panel, incl. liver enzymes screening, all bits and bobs, and it has come out excellent
Based on reports I would monitor pancreatic enzyme markers and full thyroid panel.