Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

Know I use Sema for 4 weeks. The last time I have written I mixed some numbers so my protocol which I posted was not correct.

As already said I use 0,5mg per week. On Monday 0,25mg and on Thursday 0,25mg again.

The last days I have noticed that during the day I have a feeling of hypoglycaemia.
I didn't tested until now. Is that a feeling which is going to be over in the next week's?

At the moment I practice intermittent fasting, so I just eat in the evening. Without Sema during the last month's no feeling of hypoglycaemia was noticed.

Hence the savings card from the manufacturers. Otherwise they’d never move the number of units that they are.
So if you insurance doesn't agree to cover the prescription and you're forced to pay out of pocket, you can use the savings card? I was a little confused because when I was filling out the questionnaire to qualify for the card, it denied me since one of the questions asked if my insurance covered the prescription.

So if you insurance doesn't agree to cover the prescription and you're forced to pay out of pocket, you can use the savings card? I was a little confused because when I was filling out the questionnaire to qualify for the card, it denied me since one of the questions asked if my insurance covered the prescription.
Might be best to go for mounjaro

Know I use Sema for 4 weeks. The last time I have written I mixed some numbers so my protocol which I posted was not correct.

As already said I use 0,5mg per week. On Monday 0,25mg and on Thursday 0,25mg again.

The last days I have noticed that during the day I have a feeling of hypoglycaemia.
I didn't tested until now. Is that a feeling which is going to be over in the next week's?

At the moment I practice intermittent fasting, so I just eat in the evening. Without Sema during the last month's no feeling of hypoglycaemia was noticed.
What symptoms exactly are you having?
I often get dizzy / lightheaded when getting up too fast.

That’s exactly how it works, yes. What answer did you give prior to being denied?

And I'm not able do drink as much liquid as befor. Normally I drink between 6-7 liter per day. At the moment not more than 4 because my stomach feels so full and the vomit is coming up.
Drink milk. Your stomach will soak it up so easily, like nothing at all. It helps to drink 2-3 liters of milk per day instead of 2-3 liters extra water.

50g sugar per liter. So 150g per 3 liters ...
It depends what your goals are. What are your goals? I consider milk as a substance that can't really be broken down into its individual components like that. The sugar in milk doesn't work like sugar from something else. Milk is designed to support life and it has everything an individual needs to grow and maintain a physical body. The sugar in milk is to help digest the protein and deliver nutrients into the body.

The sugar in milk doesn't work like sugar from something else.
It absolutely does. As a disaccharide lactose is metabolized into glucose and galactose. Sucrose is metabolized into glucose and fructose. Both fructose and galactose are processed in the liver and turned into glucose. The difference between table sugar and sugar from milk is zero when it comes to your liver and how it’s all processed. Sugar is sugar.

It absolutely does. As a disaccharide lactose is metabolized into glucose and galactose. Sucrose is metabolized into glucose and fructose. Both fructose and galactose are processed in the liver and turned into glucose. The difference between table sugar and sugar from milk is zero when it comes to your liver and how it’s all processed. Sugar is sugar.
You've missed the point entirely and your textbook description adds absolutely zero to this conversation. If you are a diabetic, and every carb is a death touch, then you probably shouldn't be taking in any sugar or be on this forum until the diabetes is resolved. That's another topic.

Milk is its own substance that doesn't play by your rules. Just like how full fat dairy doesn't play by the supposed rules, sugar in milk doesn't play by those rules. Full fat dairy tends to keep people lean or cause fat loss, and that reality makes no sense because the full fat dairy calories should be increasing bodyfat if you play by the textbook hypothesis, yet it doesn't.

Milk is its own substance that doesn't play by your rules. Just like how full fat dairy doesn't play by the supposed rules, sugar in milk doesn't play by those rules. Full fat dairy tends to keep people lean or cause fat loss, and that reality makes no sense because the full fat dairy calories should be increasing bodyfat if you play by the textbook hypothesis, yet it doesn't.
First and foremost, they’re not my rules. I’m not a member of some cabal that sets rules of digestion or metabolism that apply to all of humanity. I tried to join, believe me, but my particular ethnic background was simply not welcome. This was in early 2005, so maybe attitudes have changed. But I just don’t have it in me to reapply.

As for everything else, well yeah, higher fat diets tend to be more satiating and as long as you’re not eating in surplus you can maintain a lean physique. This isn’t new, though in the 90’s dumb people tried to convince everyone that eating fat made them fat. Full fat dairy is quite a bit better than low fat, not just for satiety but because fat helps your body more slowly digest—wait for it—the sugar that’s in dairy products. A glass of skim milk is not the same as a glass of whole milk. The underlying sugar however is exactly the same. The difference is the fat content in the whole milk. Yes, milk plays by the same rules of the universe as everything else. It’s the fat content that makes it different. Add a spoonful of olive oil to a glass of skim milk and you’d get a similar effect.

First and foremost, they’re not my rules. I’m not a member of some cabal that sets rules of digestion or metabolism that apply to all of humanity. I tried to join, believe me, but my particular ethnic background was simply not welcome. This was in early 2005, so maybe attitudes have changed. But I just don’t have it in me to reapply.

As for everything else, well yeah, higher fat diets tend to be more satiating and as long as you’re not eating in surplus you can maintain a lean physique. This isn’t new, though in the 90’s dumb people tried to convince everyone that eating fat made them fat. Full fat dairy is quite a bit better than low fat, not just for satiety but because fat helps your body more slowly digest—wait for it—the sugar that’s in dairy products. A glass of skim milk is not the same as a glass of whole milk. The underlying sugar however is exactly the same. The difference is the fat content in the whole milk. Yes, milk plays by the same rules of the universe as everything else. It’s the fat content that makes it different. Add a spoonful of olive oil to a glass of skim milk and you’d get a similar effect.
Tell me more about your story. But I hope we can somewhat agree that from a sugar perspective, milk operates differently in the body, and perhaps even with a substantial sugar content, milk can be tolerable or even a good thing in those wishing to avoid sugar.

It's highly individual and the other poster wasn't really specific about being his issues or goals with Ozempic. If anything, Ozempic would help him tolerate sugars better.

Tell me more about your story. But I hope we can somewhat agree that from a sugar perspective, milk operates differently in the body, and perhaps even with a substantial sugar content, milk can be tolerable or even a good thing in those wishing to avoid sugar.

It's highly individual and the other poster wasn't really specific about being his issues or goals with Ozempic. If anything, Ozempic would help him tolerate sugars better.
Hopefully whoever does this can generate enough lactase to combat the lactose. I am lactose intolerant to a degree. If I drink milk, I am fine. If I have 2 ice creams sundaes, I might be fucked

Hopefully whoever does this can generate enough lactase to combat the lactose. I am lactose intolerant to a degree. If I drink milk, I am fine. If I have 2 ice creams sundaes, I might be fucked
I used to think I was lactose intolerant, but then I was able to access raw milk. Drinking raw milk fixed the problem for me. After drinking draw milk for a period of time, I was able to digest supermarket milk entirely. I'm not sure of the mechanism, but I'd recommend to try it if you can.

I am in a stall right now and I’m not sure what to do next.

I haven’t lost or gained weight. It’s been several weeks on 7.5mg mounjaro. I have tried so many things. I’ve tried eating more, eating less, eating different, more exercise, more water, eating more protein, you name it. I’m not sure why I can’t drop these last 15 pounds. Im so close but just can’t reach my goal now.

I haven’t lost or gained weight. It’s been several weeks on 7.5mg mounjaro. I have tried so many things. I’ve tried eating more, eating less, eating different, more exercise, more water, eating more protein, you name it. I’m not sure why I can’t drop these last 15 pounds. Im so close but just can’t reach my goal now.
Are you keeping a food diary? What is your diet and exact calorie counts?

Search up whoosh. Stay on your current regimen