Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

What’s your guys opinion on ozempic eating more muscle mass and connective tissue? Would being on test reduce this ? Or is it not pronounced. Also A1C is only 5.2 if you use only .25-.5 a weeek will you go hypo?

Yea. Tbh I'm not trying to ride dick but the price difference between that and 228 is neglible. I'd rather buy from QSC atleast if anything goes wrong we can put him on blast. Not that I had any issues
Yeah I hate to push the source, especially when I was pretty hard on them before, but they’ve really won me over. They still do some dumb shit sometimes but given the volume of sales and enormous catalog of product I feel like they do pretty good all things considered.

What’s your guys opinion on ozempic eating more muscle mass and connective tissue? Would being on test reduce this ? Or is it not pronounced. Also A1C is only 5.2 if you use only .25-.5 a weeek will you go hypo?
Why would ozempic cause more muscle mass loss compared to normal dieting? I mean, all it's doing is reducing calorie intake via appetite suppression causing the weight loss.

Treat it the same way as you would on a cut, keep training intensity high along with sufficient volume to maintain your muscle the best you can. Of course Testosterone and other AAS would help.

Why would ozempic cause more muscle mass loss compared to normal dieting? I mean, all it's doing is reducing calorie intake via appetite suppression causing the weight loss.

Treat it the same way as you would on a cut, keep training intensity high along with sufficient volume to maintain your muscle the best you can. Of course Testosterone and other AAS would help.
Apparently there’s studies with ozempic causing more than normal muscle wasting and connective tissue and bone density deterioration

Apparently there’s studies with ozempic causing more than normal muscle wasting and connective tissue and bone density deterioration
I'd like to see studies. In the general population of obese diabetics using it, of course some muscle loss occurs with weight loss as with any diet. Good chance many arent doing any weight training to help retain it.

But I'm open to seeing some legit studies that would show concern for guys here.

@Cridi887 @HB_22

Alright I've reread this entire thread in the last 24 hrs and it's definitely given greater perspective and meaning with all the things I've learned since November.

I plan to start taking 250mg Metformin on my next semaglutide cycle. I typically have the most problems with appetite and cravings at dinner and after dinner. Would it make sense to pop these guys sometimes after lunch or would it make more sense to take it early morning or right before bed? The goal is purely appetite suppression.
Why 250mg? I'd use atleast 500mg with any meals with heavy carbohydrates. You could even do 1000mg. Especially on days when you aren't working out. Metformin will not suppress your appetite in the way you are hoping for. Semaglutide does suppress appetite though. I would add on the Metformin to maybe stretch your dose of Semaglutide further or to enhance carb shuttling into muscle etc.

Muscle loss happens whenever you loose weight, I’m on Semaglutide now for 2 months and tirzepatide for 3 weeks, I’m not on anabolics or hgh, I’m pretty sure people on cycle barely loose muscle but I’m sure hgh will overtake the appetite suppression as many had said, in my own experience I haven’t loss muscle, try to take aminos when u don’t eat and try to eat protein as your main source of food
Also I haven’t gotten hypo but my average glucose is stable at 82-90 average, never falls under 80, I’m taking 500mg of metformin at night after dinner also
If your goal is to loose fat then is for you, if your goal is to get big, then isn’t for you
I found my sweet spot at 2.5mg tizerpatide/ .5mg Semaglutide with 500mg metformin
Next week will be my 4th week
If I stay how I feel I wouldn’t increase doses but I’ll keep everyone posted
I’ve hit my body weight goal already, I wouldn’t increase doses but I wouldn’t get off cuz I don’t want to gain weight, I would probably take a break after 8 months on

Why 250mg? I'd use atleast 500mg with any meals with heavy carbohydrates. You could even do 1000mg. Especially on days when you aren't working out. Metformin will not suppress your appetite in the way you are hoping for. Semaglutide does suppress appetite though. I would add on the Metformin to maybe stretch your dose of Semaglutide further or to enhance carb shuttling into muscle etc.
250mg was the amount quoted by one of the guys I tagged, I think @HB_22 . I'm still not settled on a plan and it will be some time before I even have the drug to incorporate into my next cycle.

The two gents I had tagged... I thought they had mentioned metformin had a synergistic effect with semaglutide in further crushing appetite once the therapeutic dose of Semaglutide started to lose appetite suppression efficiency. If that's not the case, what's the benefit I could expect other than carb shuttling?

Also would you be taking that entire dose with the carb heavy meal or break it up throughout the day?

250mg was the amount quoted by one of the guys I tagged, I think @HB_22 . I'm still not settled on a plan and it will be some time before I even have the drug to incorporate into my next cycle.

The two gents I had tagged... I thought they had mentioned metformin had a synergistic effect with semaglutide in further crushing appetite once the therapeutic dose of Semaglutide started to lose appetite suppression efficiency. If that's not the case, what's the benefit I could expect other than carb shuttling?

Also would you be taking that entire dose with the carb heavy meal or break it up throughout the day?
I would take the Metformin only with a meal with carbohydrates. And I would take up to 3g of metformin a day for full effect, with 1000mg taken for up to three carb heavy meals. I take between 500mg-3,000mg of metformin depending on how I am eating.

Metformin is synergistic with semaglutide but in my experience, not for appetite suppression. I think the semaglutide does the heavy lifting. The Metformin could help your appetite suppression but I wouldn't expect anything dramatic.

What dose of semaglutide are you currently using?

I would take the Metformin only with a meal with carbohydrates. And I would take up to 3g of metformin a day for full effect, with 1000mg taken for up to three carb heavy meals. I take between 500mg-3,000mg of metformin depending on how I am eating.

Metformin is synergistic with semaglutide but in my experience, not for appetite suppression. I think the semaglutide does the heavy lifting. The Metformin could help your appetite suppression but I wouldn't expect anything dramatic.

What dose of semaglutide are you currently using?

Thanks man. How many grams would you consider a carb heavy meal? I've had RMR testing done at the TRT clinic and have been advised my body doesn't process carbs well so I probably eat fewer than many other guys here.

I'm Currently pinning 1mg per week across two doses, Monday and Friday.

Thanks man. How many grams would you consider a carb heavy meal? I've had RMR testing done at the TRT clinic and have been advised my body doesn't process carbs well so I probably eat fewer than many other guys here.

I'm Currently pinning 1mg per week across two doses, Monday and Friday.
Habe you tried once per week dosing for the semaglutide? You should try once per week. I think it's better.

How many carbs are you eating? Do you test your blood sugar? You should test your blood sugar (buy a glucose monitor). If you have very good blood sugar numbers, then I wouldn't take metformin unless you want it for anti aging benefits.

I know what you are talking about that the patient's body composition overall improved. you will always have muscle loss in dieting.

During the STEP 1 trials the people who actually exercises had 9.7% of total LBM loss.

We have to take in consideration glycogen retention depletion because they are eating less, also other water weight retention, muscle loss from dieting in general.

I know what you are talking about that the patient's body composition overall improved. you will always have muscle loss in dieting.

During the STEP 1 trials the people who actually exercises had 9.7% of total LBM loss.

We have to take in consideration glycogen retention depletion because they are eating less, also other water weight retention, muscle loss from dieting in general.

Seems like I'm finding some conflicting data. This link is the supplementary appendix for the Step 1 study of ozempic. Page 24 (Table S5) lists the results of the DEXA examined group. The semaglutide group lost 8.36 kg of fat and 5.26 lean mass.

Seems like I'm finding some conflicting data. This link is the supplementary appendix for the Step 1 study of ozempic. Page 24 (Table S5) lists the results of the DEXA examined group. The semaglutide group lost 8.36 kg of fat and 5.26 lean mass.
Are you comparing it to the placebo? They semaglutide group retained more muscle.

Is it conflicting?

I said they lost a percentage of their LBM. I am not going by absolute number btw

Last edited:
Are you comparing it to the placebo? They semaglutide group retained more muscle.

Is it conflicting?

I said they lost a percentage of their LBM. I am not going by absolute number btw
The table I mentioned compared 95 on semaglutide to 45 placebo. The semaglutide group lost much more fat (8.36 vs 1.37) but also more absolute lean mass (5.26 vs 1.83).
According to that, the % of weight lost that was lean mass was 38%. Now, I’m certain some of the lean mass was water, but no way to know how much for certain.