Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

My QSC order came in today - 10 x 10 mg vials, could last me up to 40 weeks. Has everyone been having good results with QSC tirz and felt it was equivalent to pharma mounjaro? I am a little nervous about impurities and health risks.
So far noone has reported any safety issues. . . and quite a few have reported good results. I just wouldn't expect it's exactly 1=1 with pharma. Might need one more titration level up or so.

I’ve never looked at a drug from a powdered raw material + standpoint so this whole perspective is new.

What I don’t understand is the vastly different therapeutic doses. 2.4mg sema vs 15mg tirz. Tirz has added GIP but they’re both GLP-1’s. I know they are different drugs but help me understand the basic science of the mg difference.

Not even close, no. There was a 45 day lag between my refills and in that time I plowed through QSC’s offering. 10mg, which was my dose at the time, made no difference. The last week I went to 15mg and it worked better. Once my RX came in, dosed at 12.5mg, I started using it again and I’m back to not feeling hungry. What QSC is selling is objectively tirzepatide. It’s been tested, we know that it’s what it is supposed to be. But I did not get similar results to the actual pharmaceutical product. I don’t have an explanation for why, and this is n of 1. But you asked for experiences and this is mine.
That's a bummer. Can I ask your height and weight though? 5'11" 128 pounds so I have never taken more than 5mg at once. Even if QSC is underdosing and I had to take something like 7 mg, the supply would still last me a long time and be worth it.

I’ve never looked at a drug from a powdered raw material + standpoint so this whole perspective is new.

What I don’t understand is the vastly different therapeutic doses. 2.4mg sema vs 15mg tirz. Tirz has added GIP but they’re both GLP-1’s. I know they are different drugs but help me understand the basic science of the mg difference.
I could be wrong but I think it is because these medicines are not literally micronized bio-identical isolates of GLP-1 and GIP. they are similar molecules that agonize the receptors for those hormones. So the effective dose is different.

Not even close, no. There was a 45 day lag between my refills and in that time I plowed through QSC’s offering. 10mg, which was my dose at the time, made no difference. The last week I went to 15mg and it worked better. Once my RX came in, dosed at 12.5mg, I started using it again and I’m back to not feeling hungry. What QSC is selling is objectively tirzepatide. It’s been tested, we know that it’s what it is supposed to be. But I did not get similar results to the actual pharmaceutical product. I don’t have an explanation for why, and this is n of 1. But you asked for experiences and this is mine.
I wonder if it needs to be doses higher like semaglutide

That's a bummer. Can I ask your height and weight though? 5'11" 128 pounds so I have never taken more than 5mg at once. Even if QSC is underdosing and I had to take something like 7 mg, the supply would still last me a long time and be worth it.
5’7” 160. Started out at 195, but was definitely too fat. I didn’t set out to get really cut up, just lose a little bit and see what happened, but then it was so easy to keep peeling the weight off that I decided I would go until they stop prescribing it to me. Frankly I’ve never felt better than I do now. I know I’ve lost a decent amount of mass, but for the first time in a while I look and feel like an athlete rather than a guy who lifts heavy stuff. It’s really helped me understand what my priorities are going forward.

So far noone has reported any safety issues. . . and quite a few have reported good results. I just wouldn't expect it's exactly 1=1 with pharma. Might need one more titration level up or s
So far noone has reported any safety issues. . . and quite a few have reported good results. I just wouldn't expect it's exactly 1=1 with pharma. Might need one more titration level up or so.
im QSC tirza since February at 2.5mg, I have to had to rise dose since then, I blight it from them cuz they have a hplc test report from. Jano at 99% pure, and I trust Jano over those Chinese test done by the main lab that resell other sour
My QSC order came in today - 10 x 10 mg vials, could last me up to 40 weeks. Has everyone been having good results with QSC tirz and felt it was equivalent to pharma mounjaro? I am a little nervous about impurities and health risks.
I’m on QSC tirz since early February, I can tell is as legit as it gets, I bought from them cuz they tested with Jano, I rather use Jano test than other labs with Chinese test provider by their labs
I haven’t up my dose of 2.5mg ever since, works good, I mix it with .5mg of Sema

Isn't the clinical effective level 2.4mg?
That’s the max weekly dose per pharma guidelines. But so many people have been seeing results at lower dosages.

That said, by reading through this entire, very long thread, my experience is not unique. Others just find an effective dose higher up.

So I haven’t given up, I’m still continuing to increase dosage weekly to find where my body responds. At least up to the 2.4mg level. If I get there and feel nothing, then I’ll have more questions.

A bit of info sharing/commentary and then a question re: QSC semaglutide

I am 3.5 months in with using a mix of pharma Ozempic and QSC sema. I am down 34 pounds (288 > 254) with a goal weight of 235 at 6'4". I was able to initially obtain 3 pharma Ozempic pens and was doing a split dose since the first month, with half of my weekly dose on Wed and ther other half on Sun. For the past 2 months, I've been doing Ozempic for my Wed dose and QSC sema for my Sun dose. I didn't notice much difference between the 2 different meds

I am now shifting into using only QSC sema since my Ozempic pens are gone and not very cost effective in comparison. Are others dosing the QSC sema as if it is pharma equivalent or do we have info showing that the QSC sema is underdosed when compared to pharma Ozempic?

I am 3.5 months in with using a mix of pharma Ozempic and QSC sema. I am down 34 pounds (288 > 254) with a goal weight of 235 at 6'4". I was able to initially obtain 3 pharma Ozempic pens and was doing a split dose since the first month, with half of my weekly dose on Wed and ther other half on Sun. For the past 2 months, I've been doing Ozempic for my Wed dose and QSC sema for my Sun dose. I didn't notice much difference between the 2 different meds

I am now shifting into using only QSC sema since my Ozempic pens are gone and not very cost effective in comparison. Are others dosing the QSC sema as if it is pharma equivalent or do we have info showing that the QSC sema is underdosed when compared to pharma Ozempic?
Most folks are reporting it's about 9/10ths as strong, at least on the Tirz side.
Probably wouldn't adjust dosage to account for that small of a difference.

There isn't a very simple answer. I think the intuitively best way to think about it is to flip that question: why would you expect them to be the same? There's no good reason to.

First, as you note, they both act as agonists to the GLP-1 receptors while tirzepatide also binds to GIP receptors. It's reasonable to expect a higher concentration would be required to saturate a greater number of receptors (GLP-1 only versus GLP-1 + GIP).

Further, there are different kinds of chemical agonism and not ever ligand-receptor interaction is chemically the same. A slightly different molecule may require twice the concentration because of a lower binding affinity at the same receptor... they don't always click into the receptor and stay there forever, so you have to have more around to pop back on if one pops off (this is why Narcan prevents ODs... it binds to the opiate receptor better).

Since the molecules are more than trivially different, there shouldn't be an expectation that they'll interact with even their shared receptor target the same way. Add in the fact that there's a different receptor family to consider and you can throw that expectation out the window entirely.

Finally, they've got different molar masses. That means, even if we ignore all of the chemical differences, the same number of molecules of tirzepatide will have 20% more mass than that same number of molecules of semaglutide.

Dosing just be like that.

Are others dosing the QSC sema as if it is pharma equivalent or do we have info showing that the QSC sema is underdosed when compared to pharma Ozempic?
I don't have data, but I can share anecdotal experience. I've tried Deus, QSC, and pharma (Wegovy). Deus and pharma were identical, and I arrived at a stable dose. QSC is about 15% underdosed but otherwise identical.

I’m kind of in the same boat right now. I orginially got QSC sema but ended up getting approved for Wegovy at the same time. I’ve been using 0.25mg pharma for past month and down bout 8 pounds, mainly from just really strict low calorie diet and exercise. However I am going to transition to QSC soon, as my doctor doesn’t want to increase my dose yet for fear of plateauing. I’m going to be supplementing the pharma with QSC.

What does did you get to since you started the Ozempic? Can you give any description of how you felt going from 0.25 to 0.5 etc?

I’m kind of in the same boat right now. I orginially got QSC sema but ended up getting approved for Wegovy at the same time. I’ve been using 0.25mg pharma for past month and down bout 8 pounds, mainly from just really strict low calorie diet and exercise. However I am going to transition to QSC soon, as my doctor doesn’t want to increase my dose yet for fear of plateauing. I’m going to be supplementing the pharma with QSC.

What does did you get to since you started the Ozempic? Can you give any description of how you felt going from 0.25 to 0.5 etc?
If you are still losing weight, I wouldn’t increase your dose. You want to stay as low as possible as long as possible. There is no reason to supplement unless you haven’t lost weight in a month/feel extremely hungry.

You know what. How do you even tell Semaglutide works? Ha ha. I have a naturally huge appetite and can eat when not hungry anyways. I've experienced no sides minus restroom on pin. But like, how do I even know? I've, against better judgment I know, worked up to 1mg within 2 weeks of use. Doesn't seem to be real then huh? (Did not get from anyone here, got from Pinned/Project Aminos)

You know what. How do you even tell Semaglutide works? Ha ha. I have a naturally huge appetite and can eat when not hungry anyways. I've experienced no sides minus restroom on pin. But like, how do I even know? I've, against better judgment I know, worked up to 1mg within 2 weeks of use. Doesn't seem to be real then huh? (Did not get from anyone here, got from Pinned/Project Aminos)
Well if you stop eating it’s a pretty good sign that it’s working. But not every human on the planet responds to it. I can get a few weeks of use from it and then it just ceases to do anything, irrespective of dose.

Been on both prescription sema, tirz, and have used Pinned’s and can tell you for sure theirs is legit and they also have testing on it.