Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Doodle

Wanted to create a thread where everyone can post their experiences with different sourced Semaglutide.

Who are you using?
Pharma vs non?
Dosage?
How long have you been taking it?
What are your thoughts?
Have you lost weight?
Side effects?
Oral vs injection?
Tests?

I am using tirzepatide from SAF and have bulk order from Arctic pending. Interested in QSC but wondering about shipping. B12 sitting in customs for two weeks now.
I think their plan is to offer it domestic soon, but I'd imagine it'll sell out fast. You couldn't find a domestic for injectable B12?

I think their plan is to offer it domestic soon, but I'd imagine it'll sell out fast. You couldn't find a domestic for injectable B12?
Thanks! Know some who ordered with no problems. Should have ordered domestic or gotten a script. Meanwhile, would like to try QSC if most are receiving their orders.

What's the cost? I can buy a 10ml vial OTC in Canada for $6, so I'm curious what are UGL prices
I think I sell it for 20$.. I just made a B1,B12,C mix that will be added. We don’t have it here available OTC unless you’re willing to go to the farm supply store and get it for your “horse”

I think I sell it for 20$.. I just made a B1,B12,C mix that will be added. We don’t have it here available OTC unless you’re willing to go to the farm supply store and get it for your “horse”
Thanks. I just happen to have goats and horses in my family and we were previously able to buy meds for them at a friendly feed store. Many meds are no longer available without a veterinary script. I will check to see if I can still get B12 for my horse. Meanwhile, a reliable, reasonably priced domestic source would be great.

So, 2 weeks in on qscTirzepatide results nowhere near as drastic as last run in their sema. Its ding some shit and cutting some food noise, but also has created a few random binges which has never been my behavior. But, id say maybe down #1 or 2 but ai eat fkn clean so who knows. I'm not pushing the shit too high too fast bc I learned my lessons w the sema last time.

Anyone get a sweet tooth on this stuff. Been on Tirz for 4 mo and do not generally eat sweets smashed some sour patch kids the other day an can’t frick n stop. It’s like all I want now. Wth
I do not know for sure, but I am on this + metformin, and I also get intense sugar cravings coupled with panic and anxiety. I think it is either low blood sugar, or depleted glycogen stores (as i am also often fasting). But the drug seems to prevent fat storage to a certain point. I have binged a few times but am able to not gain much weight like I used to when binging. At least I hope that is the case.

y
So, 2 weeks in on qscTirzepatide results nowhere near as drastic as last run in their sema. Its ding some shit and cutting some food noise, but also has created a few random binges which has never been my behavior. But, id say maybe down #1 or 2 but ai eat fkn clean so who knows. I'm not pushing the shit too high too fast bc I learned my lessons w the sema last time.
you didn't mention your dose. Also my understanding is that it takes multiple weeks to reach a steady state of the drug in your body but I cannot find that study again.

y

you didn't mention your dose. Also my understanding is that it takes multiple weeks to reach a steady state of the drug in your body but I cannot find that study again.
Found a couple of references. The 2nd article specifically addresses length of time for weight loss at the end of this post. Median time for 5% weight reduction is 12 weeks at 10mg or 15 mg. Takes longer at 5 mg dose. And since it is a "median" length of time, some were faster and some slower and their length of time to reach the goal was not included in the median. These articles didn't address diet, exercise, age, co-morbidities, or other medications as factors for association with length of time for achieving the goals.

Half life 5 days. So if half of the drug is gone in 5 days presumably there may be some still in the system at the time of the next injection. So makes sense that a steady state of the drug would be achieved over time.

Pharmacokinetics
Absorption:
Tirzepatide has a bioavailability of approximately 80%. The time it takes to reach peak serum levels can range from 8 to 72 hours.
Excretion: Tirzepatide has a half-life of 5 days, allowing once-weekly dosing, and is cleared in urine and feces in the form of metabolites.

In an exploratory analysis from the SURPASS-2 and SURPASS-3 studies, researchers evaluated the median time to reach certain blood sugar (glycemic) targets (the median time to A1C ≤7% and ≤6.5%). Studies also evaluated the time to reach a 5% weight loss goal among patients treated with Mounjaro or semaglutide injection (brand name: Ozempic) 1 mg.

Patients received either Mounjaro 5 mg, 10 mg or 15 mg injection; semaglutide 1 mg injection; or titrated insulin degludec (brand name: Tresiba). Of note, the 15 mg once per week injection is the maximum dose for Mounjaro.

Results showed that those taking any dose of Mounjaro reached these A1C targets about 4 weeks sooner than those using injected semaglutide (Ozempic) 1 mg. When compared to titrated insulin degludec (Tresiba), participants using Mounjaro achieved the A1C goals between 4 and 12 weeks sooner. Specifically,
  • The median time to reach A1C ≤7% was 8 weeks with Mounjaro, and 12 weeks for both semaglutide and insulin degludec.
  • The median time to reach A1C ≤6.5% was 12 weeks with Mounjaro, 16 weeks with semaglutide and 24 weeks for insulin degludec.
  • The median time to reach at least a 5% weight loss was 16 weeks with Mounjaro 5 mg, 12 weeks with Mounjaro 10 and 15 mg, and 24 weeks with injectable semaglutide 1 mg.
Edited for verboseness

Last edited:
Day 3, its hard to tell. I want to say that it's maybe less effective overall vs what I had before?

Lots of factors though.
I think others on here have said they found it has less significant appetite suppressing effects than sema, but impact on blood sugar and a1c is more significant. Also, the weight loss results from clinical studies, from what I've seen, don't like greater kg lost to appetite suppression. Seems to indicate the real beneficial effect of these GLP1s is mostly (or at least only) appetite related, but the way they modulate function of insulin resistance, insulin/glucagon homeostasis, how that modulates functions of numerous other systems (GLUT transporter numbers, glucose conversion to glycogen vs fat storage, depletion of glycogen stores, use of glucose for immediate energy needs by certain cell types) and general functioning of metabolism, not to mention all of the neurological impacts. Apparently very significant impacts on limbic system and brainstem (pleasure and reward centers, and others). This makes sense as brain stem neurons and entero-endocrine cells of intestine are main sources of endogenous secretion of GLP1.

In any event, this class of chemicals is definitely working in more nuanced and interesting ways than than the reddit-tier response of "less hungry because stomach full longer". Of course that is part of it all too, but only a piece of the story.

Anyway, real point of my response is, subjective measure of "less effective", may be tricky to gauge as it likely most predominantly presents through appetite suppression and/or side effects, while positive measurable outcomes might be telling a different story.

Will be interested to hear more re your experience comparing sema and tirz - especially if measurements included!