Giant Semaglutide Thread (and other GLP-1 / GIP agonists)

Nearly two decades ago there were a couple of weak, deeply flawed studies that suggest human cognition and the ability to responsibly make decisions doesn't happen until 25.

That until 25, the brain wasn't "fully developed".

That's funny, because I posted several studies that demonstrated that the development of the frontal lobe went well into the mid 20s. These studies were based on MRI data among other things and had nothing to do with cognition. Further, you were the person that extrapolated that to mean that it should represent an excuse for otherwise unacceptable behavior. It's a straw man and as is so often the case, you failed to directly address the argument in question.

At what age are men supposed to stop finding women in their 20s attractive?

It seems reasonable that most men would find youthful, sexually mature individuals to be physically attractive, but attraction is much more than that. I wouldn't find most 20-somethings attractive because they tend to lack emotional maturity and very few of them know how to fuck very well.

A large number of neuroscientists have since countered this "brain doesn't mature until 25" as patently false, if not outright deceptive.

I challenged you before and will do it again. Please provide real, actual evidence of this that's not an opinion piece. I've personally scoured the literature at length and could find nothing contradictory.

If switching from Tirz to Reta how do you start dosing the reta? I was on 5 mg of tirz with good effect. Only switching as there was a great deal on reta.

4mg is the closest equivalent, just slightly stronger than 5mg Tirz. 4 weeks to stable plasma level and maximum effect, then either increase or continue to plateau before titrating to 8, then 12, if desired.

If you stay on 12 as a maintainance dose, there's no going back to Tirz without having to exceed the current max approved dose. At any lower dose of Reta you can switch back.

This is assuming you want to adhere to the protocol Eli Lilly settled on.

4mg is the closest equivalent, just slightly stronger than 5mg Tirz. 4 weeks to stable plasma level and maximum effect, then either increase or continue to plateau before titrating to 8, then 12, if desired.

If you stay on 12 as a maintainance dose, there's no going back to Tirz without having to exceed the current max approved dose. At any lower dose of Reta you can switch back.

This is assuming you want to adhere to the protocol Eli Lilly settled on.

Wow that was detailed. Thank you.

What about people that add in some ozempic to hammer glp1 while maintaining lower dose of reta or tirz? Is that a good strategy or is that just bro science?

Wow that was detailed. Thank you.

What about people that add in some ozempic to hammer glp1 while maintaining lower dose of reta or tirz? Is that a good strategy or is that just bro science?

It's both bro science and effective, but not at what I consider an acceptable cost, and any added effectiveness may not be durable.

I would not pile on another compound without hitting the limits of one first.

Sometimes I wonder if these people are 500 pounds, because it's far too many to be in the tiny group the standard protocols, thoroughly tested at the cost of hundreds of millions, in trials involving 15,000+ subjects, are ineffective for.

They seem to think these things are designed not by teams of hundreds of hardcore scientists balancing hundreds of critical factors, but just casually put together, and they can easily come up with a better plan. Yes, some things are chosen for business reasons, like "we can have an interval between 5.5 and 8.5 days with similar results, with 6.25 days being ideal" and 7 is picked for convenience, but only within the range of what's been proven to have the best outcomes, including risks.

99.9% of these clowns couldn't tell you how they decide what ratio to dilute with BAC, other than personal preference, or that it makes any difference. It makes ALL the difference, and picking wrong could permanently impact the effectiveness not only of the specific drug, but others in the same class, and even whether your natural versions of the same hormones, GLP, GIP, and Glucagon in the case of Reta, continue to work properly, an effect called "cross immunogenicity" that could be lifelong.

The FDA says "show us this doesn't happen with your proposed retail formulation" before approving, and pharma does, because they know they have to. The FDA doesn't say "show us this doesn't happen at 4x the concentration just in case some guy on reddit decides he wants to make his 12mg dose fit in a tiny .3 ml syringe" or, "what if someone mixes a little Sema in? Will the peptides adhere at any point in the amino chain creating a molecule that sets off warning signals to the immune system so it creates antibodies neutralizing natural GIP hormones and sets the patient up to be 10 times as vulnerable to serious fatty liver disease in a few years?".

See what I mean?

I'd stick to the demonstrably safe path of one compound until you hit its limits. Knowing there's a built in safety buffer, I'm not really bothered going 10-20% higher in dosing if necessary. I'd only add another compound if there were no other option, never in the same syringe, not on the same day, and certainly not to save a few bucks and risk turning my body into a petri dish ending up the subject of some pHD's thesis a few years from now about how things can go terribly wrong from superficially harmless experimentation with these incredibly complex molecules.

Last edited:
Oh really? Coming from you, the one on glp-1 drugs for 7 years and barely doing 200 steps a day while sitting in your mom's basement all day is wondering?

View attachment 298263

Precisely the kind of retard mentality that thinks GLPs are "diet pills" in a syringe.

Do you think the people on stable maintainance doses just keep losing weight, month after month?

Hasn't had anything to do with weight loss for years, but all the other benefits this class of hormones provide in terms in terms of heart, liver, brain, and neurological health irrespective of weight.

Last edited:
Back