GLPs that don't focus on appetite suppression?

jj89

Is there a general rating of the drugs that lean more towards increased metabolic rate or fat burning?

I'm using tirz right now and it's good but I don't really need a huge help in appetite reduction especially as I transition into a bulk. Increasing BMR and insulin sensitivity are the focus.

These seem to be the ones I've seen mentioned, interested to hear what experiences you guys have especially if used on a gaining phase.

Retatrutide
Survodutide
Mazdutide
Cagrilintide (maybe?)

I was so hoping you would show up, but refrained from tagging you.
I thought you were covered in castor oil lol.
Are you using tirz now on a cut or what?
Yes, the individual response is so interesting.
So many people say sema made them feel sick and gave them lots of gi issues.
I saw you writing about reta.
Are you considering trying and why?
coach doesn't want me on any glp1 so I ain't on any at the moment, my experience is all about what I did in the past.

Reta looks awesome on papers but anything that has a GIP shoot my HR sky high... so I don't know. I'll try it in the future, like 1-2mg max and see if I can reap any benefit from it without appetite suppression, If I wanna cut I know what to use, tirz, 5mg I'll be shredded lol

So I decided to try my wife's sema to see what it does. I've been on .5mg for 4 weeks. Very interesting compound. While I can eat no problem, I have no interest to eat. It makes it extremely easy to stick to my planed eating. The only side effect I have so far is a mild head ache few days after injecting.

Now my wife, she will eat two eggs for breakfast and want no more food. (same dose). I have to keep on her to drink a protein shake or make her some chicken or steak.

So I decided to try my wife's sema to see what it does. I've been on .5mg for 4 weeks. Very interesting compound. While I can eat no problem, I have no interest to eat. It makes it extremely easy to stick to my planed eating. The only side effect I have so far is a mild head ache few days after injecting.

Now my wife, she will eat two eggs for breakfast and want no more food. (same dose). I have to keep on her to drink a protein shake or make her some chicken or steak.

Yeah even at the same body mass, lower doses are more effective on women. Men have a higher density of GLP receptors, and appetite suppression is dependent on the total proportion agonized.

Wait until it starts killing your bad habits. You'll be sitting, bored, in the strip club, completely disinterested in that line of coke...

Then who is going to pay for them poor girls college?

In all seriousness, it does induce psychological changes. Not anhedonia (the inability to feel pleasure), but anti-compulsive....whatever you do that occasionally makes you think "why the hell am I doing this?", yet feels satisfying when you do. It clobbers those behaviors. Makes sense when you think of how no animal needs to "know" why they need to eat. They just do it. Same mechanism at work for all sorts of addictive behaviors you feel compelled to do, apparently .

In all seriousness, it does induce psychological changes. Not anhedonia (the inability to feel pleasure), but anti-compulsive....whatever you do that occasionally makes you think "why the hell am I doing this?", yet feels satisfying when you do. It clobbers those behaviors. Makes sense when you think of how no animal needs to "know" why they need to eat. They just do it. Same mechanism at work for all sorts of addictive behaviors you feel compelled to do, apparently .
Sounds like naltrexone. I called it the no fun drug. Totally killed all dopamine hits. Sex, food, driving fast, you name it.

Sounds like naltrexone. I called it the no fun drug. Totally killed all dopamine hits. Sex, food, driving fast, you name it.

But that's the thing. You still experience pleasure...maybe even more pleasure, but from "deliberately chosen" activities, not the "scratch an itch" behavior like eating to satiate hunger, or having a cup of room temp coffee for the caffeine, or what I imagine a cigarette provides a smoker.

@Ghoul Some Q for the expert:

Do we have data on which incretin mimetic works best for addiction tendencies? Is it more related to GLP-1?

I tolerate Tirzepatide a lot better overall, so it is my drug of choice. But I feel like semaglutide worked better for things besides weight loss. Might be due to dosage though, "only" taking 5 mg tirz.

I know Tirzepatide is weaker on glp-1 and stronger on GIP. Is there data on how that compares to semaglutide?
Like how many mg Tirzepatide to equal 1 mg semaglutide for glp1-r agonism?

Last edited:

Do we have data on which incretin mimetic works best for addiction tendencies? Is it more related to GLP-1?

I tolerate Tirzepatide a lot better overall, so it is my drug of choice. But I feel like semaglutide worked better for things besides weight loss. Might be due to dosage though, "only" taking 5 mg tirz.

I know Tirzepatide is weaker on glp-1 and stronger on GIP. Is there data on how that compares to semaglutide?

Please go to the main glp thread, as this is JJ' s thread and should be kept on topic, since I was the one that bumped it.

That thread is massive and I am sure Ghoul has posted about this question you asked somewhere else.
You can quote your own message over there.
Cheers.

All the anti-addiction properties appear to be GLP based. The mesolimbic system, where all the addiction mechanisms seem to be located, is rich in GLP receptors.

So for max anti-addiction, I suspect Sema is more effective. If that's not tolerable though, Tirz will still work via its GLP component., just to a lesser degree.

This "pre ozempic" article discusses the shared mechanisms between drive to eat and other addictions in the mesolimbic system.

Back