Hairloss drugs around children. Ru58841 vs topical fin?

So been having some hair loss over the years. Was using fin 1mg oral tablet but didn't like the sides of overall low dht in me.

Now I'm debating on trying ru or topical fin. Heard the topical doesn't go systemic as much as the oral so hopefully that would eliminate sides. Been hearing good things on ru but not sure about lack of studies, sides, and been hearing cardiovascular sides.

I know fin lowers dht through the whole body. Does ru not?

Now my main question is I have a 4 month old daughter at home. I would put this stuff in my hair at night and shower in morning but I'm still petrified if she touches my hair ever it could come into contact with her. Would either of these be safe to use around her? I know pregnant women it's a no no. Wasn't sure if ru would be the safer choice but I'm not sure if they have long term studies.

What do you guys think I should do between the two or not use either (Besides telling me to shave)

Have you ever Even gotten your DHT tested while on finasteride? Or are these side effects just in your head ?

Everywhere I read I hear of people complaing about depression or Ed from finasteride meanwhile it’s probably all in their head lol

They all fear monger eachother it’s hysterical.

Ive been on it for over 5 years with no side effects at all.

I get my DHT tested and the finasteride only lowered it to around 30. Range was 11-77 or something like that but my hair is still going strong as of now.

Have you ever Even gotten your DHT tested while on finasteride? Or are these side effects just in your head ?

Everywhere I read I hear of people complaing about depression or Ed from finasteride meanwhile it’s probably all in their head lol

They all fear monger eachother it’s hysterical.

Ive been on it for over 5 years with no side effects at all.

I get my DHT tested and the finasteride only lowered it to around 30. Range was 11-77 or something like that but my hair is still going strong as of now.
Didn't get it tested but def had lowered libido and stuff and def wasn't in my head. Lowered dht is def gonna cause that. I love masteron and primo which are dht derivatives and always feel good on them so I do like my dht. Now people saying pfs and all that bs and it ruined their lives I think already had depression and all the stuff beforehand .

Didn't get it tested but def had lowered libido and stuff and def wasn't in my head. Lowered dht is def gonna cause that. I love masteron and primo which are dht derivatives and always feel good on them so I do like my dht. Now people saying pfs and all that bs and it ruined their lives I think already had depression and all the stuff beforehand .
I’ve never had any libido problems or depression or Ed with finasteride. But my DHT is pretty high cause finasteride only lowered it to the mid low range. So maybe yours got crushed with finasteride who knows. That’s why you should have at least gotten it tested if you were on the medication specifically for DHT.

But I don’t know much about the topical stuff. If I had a kid and was worried about it transferring j would either be extremely careful with applying it and washing it off or I’d look for a different option.

You should Look up your question about transferring on Reddit. There’s a whole group called tressless or something like that for guys going bald using fin min dut etc. I’m sure you can find info there regarding the transferring question.

Wish you the best mate

I’ve never had any libido problems or depression or Ed with finasteride. But my DHT is pretty high cause finasteride only lowered it to the mid low range. So maybe yours got crushed with finasteride who knows. That’s why you should have at least gotten it tested if you were on the medication specifically for DHT.

But I don’t know much about the topical stuff. If I had a kid and was worried about it transferring j would either be extremely careful with applying it and washing it off or I’d look for a different option.

You should Look up your question about transferring on Reddit. There’s a whole group called tressless or something like that for guys going bald using fin min dut etc. I’m sure you can find info there regarding the transferring question.

Wish you the best mate
Thanks man. Any thoughts on ru58841

I’d honestly just go back on finasteride. Maybe lower the dose like the other guy said.

Try splitting them in half for .5 daily

Or just take it 1mg Monday wed Friday type of thing
Yea was on 1mg for 6 months. Then lowered it to EOD. Then .5mg Ed for 3 more months. Still was shedding. No morning hard ons. Felt less aggressive on the gym and stuff so was hoping the topical would be a bit better with sides

Yea was on 1mg for 6 months. Then lowered it to EOD. Then .5mg Ed for 3 more months. Still was shedding. No morning hard ons. Felt less aggressive on the gym and stuff so was hoping the topical would be a bit better with sides
You need to get your DHT tested while on finasteride my man.

I can almost guarantee you feeling less aggressive in the gym has nothing to do with finasteride

I think you’re in your head now mate.

If you really don’t want to take it again then just get a short hair cut like a long buzz cut and rock it

The shedding will be less noticeable with shorter hair and thinning will most likely be less noticeable too

You need to get your DHT tested while on finasteride my man.

I can almost guarantee you feeling less aggressive in the gym has nothing to do with finasteride

I think you’re in your head now mate.

If you really don’t want to take it again then just get a short hair cut like a long buzz cut and rock it

The shedding will be less noticeable with shorter hair and thinning will most likely be less noticeable too
Thanks man. Why not try the topical first you think?

For hair loss, try the topical versions first. Finasteride, minoxidil, RU58846, etc. Give 'em a few months if you're tracking closely.

There is a study on microneedling too; drastically improves minoxidil efficacy. The device costs a couple hundred bucks so depending on where this is on your priority list...

Thanks man. Why not try the topical first you think?
Topicals causes more shedding than oral finasteride. If you were concerned about your finasteride shed then you’re in a ride for the min/ru shed

Also because didn’t you state you were afraid of using topicals and it transferring to your kid?

And also

Would you rather suffer from your made up side effect of finasteride “being less aggressive in the gym”

Or would you rather suffer from chest pain and heart palpitations from ru and min ? Both cause them.

Topicals causes more shedding than oral finasteride. If you were concerned about your finasteride shed then you’re in a ride for the min/ru shed

Also because didn’t you state you were afraid of using topicals and it transferring to your kid?

And also

Would you rather suffer from your made up side effect of finasteride “being less aggressive in the gym”

Or would you rather suffer from chest pain and heart palpitations from ru and min ? Both cause them.
To follow up on this …

You need to train and condition your mind to be mentally stronger and you won’t have to worry about these mental side effects. (That are mostly made up in peoples head)

For example I’m on finasteride for over 5 years and for the last two months have been on accutane 80 mg a day

According to internet forums

I should basically be cralwed up in bed, depressed, contemplating suicide and my pp not working. Especially using finasteride and accutane together.

According to Internet forums it’s basically taking two suicide pills at once lol

the only side effects I have are from accutane and they are physical ( eg, eczema on arms,rosacea on face and my asshole is dry and hurts to wipe my ass with toilet paper)

All of which will go away when I am done with treatment.

Bottom line mate, you are what you think.

If you think finasteride is going to cause you to become less aggressive in the gym then hours after you pop your finasteride you will be in the gym thinking you are less aggressive.

Change your mindset and your body will follow!

Last edited:

And also

Min been using for a few years and have had no sides. I don't know man I know the fin stuff is blown out of proportion but lowering dht throughout whole body does have affects whether you think so or not. Thanks for the info on the RU prob gonna throw that option out the window. So either gonna do fin topically or nothing at all just gonna ask some docs what they think about exposure to the kid.

To follow up on this …

You need to train and condition your mind to be mentally stronger and you won’t have to worry about these mental side effects. (That are mostly made up in peoples head)

For example I’m on finasteride for over 5 years and for the last two months have been on accutane 80 mg a day

According to internet forums

I should basically be cralwed up in bed, depressed, contemplating suicide and my pp not working. Especially using finasteride and accutane together.

According to Internet forums it’s basically taking two suicide pills at once lol

the only side effects I have are from accutane and they are physical ( eg, eczema on arms,rosacea on face and my asshole is dry and hurts to wipe my ass with toilet paper)

All of which will go away when I am done with treatment.

Bottom line mate, you are what you think.

If you think finasteride is going to cause you to become less aggressive in the gym then hours after you pop your finasteride you will be in the gym thinking you are less aggressive.

Change your mindset and your body will follow!
Hey man so gonna ask the Dr what they think of topical but prob just go back to the pill. I been on fin for 8 days. I want to get blood work done to see what my dht is. Should I stay off the fin for a bit more and get a baseline of my dht before hopping back on. And if so how long should I wait. Thanks again for the help!!

Hey man so gonna ask the Dr what they think of topical but prob just go back to the pill. I been on fin for 8 days. I want to get blood work done to see what my dht is. Should I stay off the fin for a bit more and get a baseline of my dht before hopping back on. And if so how long should I wait. Thanks again for the help!!
I’d stay on the fin that way you can tell what your actual dht level will be with fin. And then you would know if your side effects are just in your head.

However you might need to be on it for more than 8 days to get more accurate blood work.

I’d personally get it tested after 1-3 months taking it daily

I’d stay on the fin that way you can tell what your actual dht level will be with fin. And then you would know if your side effects are just in your head.

However you might need to be on it for more than 8 days to get more accurate blood work.

I’d personally get it tested after 1-3 months taking it daily
Thanks man my bad misspelled. I been *off fin for 8 days. So wasn't sure to get tested while being off first. I gotta wait a few more days for my prescription to come in.

Sponsors

Back