Help with Weightloss (Girl)

Lunex

Hello Meso!

I’m on a journey to lose some weight and would love to gather some tips and guidance. If anyone has experience with effective methods for weight loss
Any recommendations on what to use and how would be incredibly helpful as I embark on this journey.

I'm not scared of needles :)
Ozempic/WeGovy sounds too expensive.

Would any recommend Cagrilintide / Cagrisema over Semaglutide or Tirze?
I wanna start of low dosages for the first 2 months, unless there is not alot of side effects or nausea.

Stats:
Woman
23 Years Old.
Height: 155 CM
Weight: 63 KG

Goal:
Weight: 53-55 KG

Thank you in advance for your support!

Last edited:
Hey, I think you make an excellent argument. I actually believe one can lose weight and keep it off with "lifestyle" changes alone. However, that may not be the case for most others, imo. Those people may need "help" like a GLP1, right?

Did you try lifestyle changes before you...

Thank you. My own use of tirz isn't due to a lack of exercise or poor diet, but rather because I suffered a spiral fracture of the humerus, which has limited my physical activity and forced me to temporarily consume drugs that lead to weight gain.

image2.webp

Hey, I think you make an excellent argument. I actually believe one can lose weight and keep it off with "lifestyle" changes alone. However, that may not be the case for most others, imo. Those people may need "help" like a GLP1, right?

Did you try lifestyle changes before you...
Most people don't have the self control to make life style changes often they don't even try. They want the easy way out.

I mentor about a dozen guys in real life. I encourage them as much as I can hoping that some of it will make an impact and get them close to their goal. If I'm excited for them maybe that will get them excited and motivate them. That's the best I can hope for.

Edit: something I found interesting about GLP-1s is the results from multiple case studies. People who received diet and training counseling often doubled their fat loss.

Last edited:
1) I asked you a clear, logical question about the proportion of people regaining weight due to biological mechanisms versus those whose weight gain is more driven by poor diet and physical inactivity (as shown by the statistics from the CDC and USDA). I provided data to suggest that behavior and environment play a significant role in weight gain.

Instead of addressing my core argument about the behavioral and environmental contributors to weight regain (which are clearly significant based on US health statistics), you sidestepped the question entirely, focusing instead on the emotional argument of "willpower" and implying that weight regain is solely or overwhelmingly biologically driven.

2) I recognized your point that biological mechanisms play a role but I also brought behavioral and environmental factors to the discussion. I even said that in some cases, long-term medication like tirz may be necessary if nothing else works, but it shouldn’t be the first or only solution. My argument was balanced and accounted for both biological and behavioral factors, while you created a straw man by implying that I ignored biological mechanisms entirely and relied solely on willpower.

3) "Once again, I ask, if appetite is the same level for everyone, and it's not possible for it to be dysfunctional, why are there so many struggling to eat the calories they need to achieve their goals?"

Nowhere in my original post did I say that appetite is "the same for everyone" or that it’s impossible for appetite to be dysfunctional. This is a misrepresentation of my argument. I even acknowledged that hormones like leptin, ghrelin, and insulin impact appetite regulation, which means that I recognize that appetite can be significantly different among people. I never said that appetite isn't a challenge for some or that biological appetite dysregulation doesn't exist. This is a classic straw man fallacy, where you try to attack an argument the other person didn't make.

4) "Why do 'appetite-increasing' drugs suddenly allow them to eat, when they say it was physically impossible to eat before? If appetite can have such a profound effect on them why do you knuckle draggers think it can't be just as potent in the opposite direction?"

Here you shift into name calling and insults, like “knuckle draggers” and implying that people who don't agree with you are ignorant/backward. You try to distance yourself from the actual conversation while not providing any valid counter argument to my points. You try dismiss my view on the subject through condescension, rather than engaging in a respectable debate.

5) "Beyond this, there is ample evidence of many health benefits to these compounds, beyond weight loss, reducing chronic disease and extending lifespan."

There is research showing potential benefits GLP 1 agonists in reducing chronic diseases and extending lifespan, but what about the risks? There are side effects, like gastrointestinal issues, and the long term effects of staying on them are still being studied as we speak. My argument was that people should try other methods first like diet and exercise, and only permanently going on these medications if necessary. What you did is overstating the benefits while ignoring my argument that these drugs should not be the automatic, "first line" solution for obese/overweight people.

You misrepresented my argument, ignored any evidence, resorted to insults, and using logical fallacies to avoid addressing any points I made about the balance between biological and behavioral factors in weight management.

It's obvious that you can't even handle a real conversation, let alone engage with the actual points being made instead of deflecting with childish emotional outbursts and weak arguments.

1) I asked you a clear, logical question about the proportion of people regaining weight due to biological mechanisms versus those whose weight gain is more driven by poor diet and physical inactivity (as shown by the statistics from the CDC and USDA). I provided data to suggest that behavior and environment play a significant role in weight gain.

Instead of addressing my core argument about the behavioral and environmental contributors to weight regain (which are clearly significant based on US health statistics), you sidestepped the question entirely, focusing instead on the emotional argument of "willpower" and implying that weight regain is solely or overwhelmingly biologically driven.

2) I recognized your point that biological mechanisms play a role but I also brought behavioral and environmental factors to the discussion. I even said that in some cases, long-term medication like tirz may be necessary if nothing else works, but it shouldn’t be the first or only solution. My argument was balanced and accounted for both biological and behavioral factors, while you created a straw man by implying that I ignored biological mechanisms entirely and relied solely on willpower.

3) "Once again, I ask, if appetite is the same level for everyone, and it's not possible for it to be dysfunctional, why are there so many struggling to eat the calories they need to achieve their goals?"

Nowhere in my original post did I say that appetite is "the same for everyone" or that it’s impossible for appetite to be dysfunctional. This is a misrepresentation of my argument. I even acknowledged that hormones like leptin, ghrelin, and insulin impact appetite regulation, which means that I recognize that appetite can be significantly different among people. I never said that appetite isn't a challenge for some or that biological appetite dysregulation doesn't exist. This is a classic straw man fallacy, where you try to attack an argument the other person didn't make.

4) "Why do 'appetite-increasing' drugs suddenly allow them to eat, when they say it was physically impossible to eat before? If appetite can have such a profound effect on them why do you knuckle draggers think it can't be just as potent in the opposite direction?"

Here you shift into name calling and insults, like “knuckle draggers” and implying that people who don't agree with you are ignorant/backward. You try to distance yourself from the actual conversation while not providing any valid counter argument to my points. You try dismiss my view on the subject through condescension, rather than engaging in a respectable debate.

5) "Beyond this, there is ample evidence of many health benefits to these compounds, beyond weight loss, reducing chronic disease and extending lifespan."

There is research showing potential benefits GLP 1 agonists in reducing chronic diseases and extending lifespan, but what about the risks? There are side effects, like gastrointestinal issues, and the long term effects of staying on them are still being studied as we speak. My argument was that people should try other methods first like diet and exercise, and only permanently going on these medications if necessary. What you did is overstating the benefits while ignoring my argument that these drugs should not be the automatic, "first line" solution for obese/overweight people.

You misrepresented my argument, ignored any evidence, resorted to insults, and using logical fallacies to avoid addressing any points I made about the balance between biological and behavioral factors in weight management.

It's obvious that you can't even handle a real conversation, let alone engage with the actual points being made instead of deflecting with childish emotional outbursts and weak arguments.
This was an excellent rebuttal, and kudos for not giving in to the personal attack/ad hominem crap and staying level headed.

My personal take is that we humans are complicated mammals. So to say obesity is 100% biological determinism with zero influence from lifestyle and other factors is just silly. It’s basically an attempt to deny that human free will even exists at all. Nonsense.

Of course I can also understand why this argument is so psychologically palatable. It removes all notions of personal responsibility for one’s own actions. Who would not want to absolve themselves of all culpability for outcomes? So I get it.

The reality is that it is a much more nuanced and multifaceted condition. Anyone with an ounce of critical thinking skills recognizes this.

Obviously I am a huge fan of using pharmacological solutions to enhance quality of life and outcomes. This forum exists because of people who believe the same. We all should consider ourselves fortunate to have so many tools in our arsenal, and at rock bottom prices to boot. But at the end of the day all of us have to be willing to put in the work and accept accountability. To start off with an opening salvo of denying all accountability is a recipe for disaster.

Does that mean that they made you eat more/a lot more?
Because tirz would only makes sense for fatgain that is food/appetite related, right?
I don't think so. It works metabolically speaking too.

The difference in blood glucose and postprandial glucose levels after a mere week of tirzepatide was astonishing lol. It might work well for people taking drugs that are known to have weight gain and metabolic "disruption" as a side effect (like anti-psychotics, opioids...)

I don't think so. It works metabolically speaking too.

The difference in blood glucose and postprandial glucose levels after a mere week of tirzepatide was astonishing lol. It might work well for people taking drugs that are known to have weight gain and metabolic "disruption" as a side effect (like anti-psychotics, opioids...)

But you did not think diet and exercise alone could do it

But you did not think diet and exercise alone could do it
I can lose weight without tirzepatide. Its just more struggle and I still don't achieve the perfect blood glucose like I do on tirz.

So yes kinda, but not really. my A1C hasn't been this low my entire life. Even back then when I was in way better shape.

I take tirz for the metabolic effects, the weight loss is an added bonus.

I can lose weight without tirzepatide. Its just more struggle and I still don't achieve the perfect blood glucose like I do on tirz.

So yes kinda, but not really. my A1C hasn't been this low my entire life. Even back then when I was in way better shape.

I take tirz for the metabolic effects, the weight loss is an added bonus.

Well, there.
So you kinda could take the easier way out and you did.
You never took it for "blood glucose" before your injury, anyway.

We don't know about this lady's background/situation and she certainly does not have to say anything about it, either.
She came here with a specific request, for whatever reason that may be, which she was given good info about, in my view.

To clarify, I have never taken these drugs and I have a somewhat different opinion about them than Ghoul (at least partially).
The two of us have communicated about this a few times, so I am not going to repeat myself, here.

I just don't want this lady to feel patronised and judged; she will choose a solution that suits her needs and circumstances, like you did.
She is young and probably quite clued up about many things, otherwise she would not be here.

You used and still use this stuff in your own way.
Ghoul had a different scenario within which these substances were utilised.
That informed his view and judgement of them.
It's an approach that I think is not going to change for him.
So I appreciate that, whilst also having my own opinion.

From what I understand, he continues taking it for health benefits, just like you do.

Well, there.

We don't know about this lady's background/situation and she certainly does not have to say anything about it, either.
She came here with a specific request, for whatever reason that may be, which she was given good info about, in my view.

To clarify, I have never taken these drugs and I have a somewhat different opinion about them than Ghoul (at least partially).
The two of us have communicated about this a few times, so I am not going to repeat myself, here.

I just don't want this lady to feel patronised and judged; she will choose a solution that suits her needs and circumstances, like you did.
She is young and probably quite clued up about many things, otherwise she would not be here.

You used andnstill use this stuff in your own way.

From what I understand, he continues taking it for health benefits, just like you do.
I can’t stand the endless bullshit posts you and Ghoul post like you have a quota to meet, you guys clutter and derail every god damn thread.

That said, I agree with your sentiment. These are all just tools. Everybody should be able to use them without having to justify it. The moment all these guys on the other side of it come off their exhaustive list of PEDs, is when their opinion on what other drugs people use won’t come off so damn hypocritical. It’s so funny they don’t see it, especially since there have been pros like Scooby coming forward and talking about utilizing GLP-1s.

Well, there.

You used and still use this stuff in your own way.

Yes I continue to take it for health benefits I would otherwise not be able to achieve.

Heard there’s a killer weight loss aid that’s injectable that helps you lose weight, your house, teeth and relationships. All of that weight right off you. Called meth, may have heard of it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Believe it or not, it is possible to actually be prescribed Desoxyn (methamphetamine) for obesity. It can be prescribed for ADHD also in certain situations. Saw an NP talking about it over on Reddit not too long ago.

Apparently the person needs to be both very fat with comorbidities and has to have tried and failed with other medical interventions to lose weight. Basically the risk presented by being obese is more severe than the risk of taking meth is the calculus they use for scripts. So pretty much a drug of last resort.

Still blew my mind to read about though. I had no idea Pharma meth was a thing.

Believe it or not, it is possible to actually be prescribed Desoxyn (methamphetamine) for obesity. It can be prescribed for ADHD also in certain situations. Saw an NP talking about it over on Reddit not too long ago.

Apparently the person needs to be both very fat with comorbidities and has to have tried and failed with other medical interventions to lose weight. Basically the risk presented by being obese is more severe than the risk of taking meth is the calculus they use for scripts. So pretty much a drug of last resort.

Still blew my mind to read about though. I had no idea Pharma meth was a thing.
It makes sense as it definitely gives energy and inhibits appetite. I’ve seen some strong meth heads lifting buncha copper that weighed twice as much as them lmao. In all seriousness I felt like phentermine was a good weight loss option for people that had a hard time losing weight. It made me feel like hell after it wore off so I stopped. But it definitely suppressed appetite.

My point is that we should first try to tackle the issue by lifestyle improvements, as opposed to being trigger happy on putting people on tirz for the rest of their lives.

Why?

Lifestyle change is difficult. Behavioral change is difficult. From a purely rational point of view, I can take an obese person and offer them this intervention and correct the obesity in the environment in which they find themselves. They simply my have to commit to the intervention for the rest of their lives.

Given the epidemic of metabolic disregulation in this country, I see that as a perfectly viable option.

If lifestyle and behavior change were so easy to modify in a population, the obesity epidemic wouldn’t be.

So the question then becomes, what is ideal vs. what is sufficient to address the problem. We can all agree that in the ideal case an obese person changes their behaviors makes better food choices and exercises regularly. In these circumstances it’s entirely possible for someone to taper off a GLP-1 RA and with a great deal of effort maintain a healthy weight.

Regardless, that’s not the kind of guidance I would start with. I can say with some degree of confidence that it is sufficient for someone to start on a GLP-1 RA, escalate dosage until 1-2% per week of loss is occurring and then expect to taper down to maintenance and sustain that indefinitely. That’s the guidance that I would start with, following which I would suggest a protein target, resistance exercise and the importance of lifestyle and behavior change that with some effort will allow some to come completely off and sustain a healthy weight.

Why?

Lifestyle change is difficult. Behavioral change is difficult. From a purely rational point of view, I can take an obese person and offer them this intervention and correct the obesity in the environment in which they find themselves. They simply my have to commit to the intervention for the rest of their lives.

Given the epidemic of metabolic disregulation in this country, I see that as a perfectly viable option.

If lifestyle and behavior change were so easy to modify in a population, the obesity epidemic wouldn’t be.

So the question then becomes, what is ideal vs. what is sufficient to address the problem. We can all agree that in the ideal case an obese person changes their behaviors makes better food choices and exercises regularly. In these circumstances it’s entirely possible for someone to taper off a GLP-1 RA and with a great deal of effort maintain a healthy weight.

Regardless, that’s not the kind of guidance I would start with. I can say with some degree of confidence that it is sufficient for someone to start on a GLP-1 RA, escalate dosage until 1-2% per week of loss is occurring and then expect to taper down to maintenance and sustain that indefinitely. That’s the guidance that I would start with, following which I would suggest a protein target, resistance exercise and the importance of lifestyle and behavior change that with some effort will allow some to come completely off and sustain a healthy weight.
True, agree.

I think some people are just butthurt that in the not too distant future, obesity will not exist anymore. And some like to feel special by achieving great body fat etc.

If your whole life is about making other people feel jealous and suddenly everyone can be skinny, it must hurt lol.

People don't realize that it will be normal to be on all kinds of life altering medications someday.

Why waste so much energy staying lean when you can achieve the same with better health metrics by taking glp1 receptor agonists and the like. And guess what, you can use this energy to focus on better things in life like financial success, family, social life with friends, enjoying life...

In that case message n 44 still awaits your answer, since I got it from someone else

I'm curious as to how did you manage to have three exchanges with someone else without realizing it was the wrong person? That's some impressive commitment to the wrong conversation.

The answer to your first question is yes. As to your second question/statement, I don't understand the context or how it relates to what I said. If you wish to clarify then I can answer.

As it pertains to Ghoul, my answer to him is here. He can respond to it himself if he wishes to.

I'm curious as to how did you manage to have three exchanges with someone else without realizing it was the wrong person? That's some impressive commitment to the wrong conversation.

The answer to your first question is yes. As to your second question/statement, I don't understand the context or how it relates to what I said. If you wish to clarify then I can answer.

As it pertains to Ghoul, my answer to him is here. He can respond to it himself if he wishes to.

Initial in profile picture for both, did not notice.
Good of you to change it for the occasion.
And answer was in line with question, really.

So you ate and then got on the tirz.
Question now answered.
Thanks

Back