• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

HGH: how long and what to expect

skywalk

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I have never used GH before and I plan on trying it out.

I've seen people recommend GH cycles of 5-8 months, and some say just blast it during a test cycle...what are the pros and cons of doing both?

also, what do you expect from GH? i'm hoping it will sort out the mild tendonitis that I have in my wrist from too much barbell curls, and hopefully i'll lose a little belly fat, but apart from that, I don't know what else to expect. I understand that it can affect your blood sugar levels, and that long term administration of GH can cause insulin resistance
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1806481

as well as hyperinsulinemia, causing potential heart problems and increased morbidity. hence I do not plan to take it for 5-8months as recommended, but will just do a modest 2iu ED in conjunction with my 8 week test cycle.

for those who are experienced with GH, what are your thoughts on this? thanks!

I don't have joint problems so can't give an opinion on that. So far I have to admit leanness certainly on a moderate to near great diet but far from excellent. Although I do cardio but not too extreme. My stomach certainly has gotten flatter. I'm also noticing more vascularity especially in my pubic region. Something I never had before and note I am injecting at my lower abdominal region. Muscles seem more fuller and less flat. But I am holding significant water which must be from the growth. And I shouldn't really be holding as much water as I am at the moment...

Doesn't affect my blood sugar at al, taking generic 5iu 7 days a week.

Thought most did the 5on 2off routine, no?

Thought most did the 5on 2off routine, no?

I'm gonna put to test eventually that theory but right now I am running it everyday. My plan was to get igf serum tested to create a baseline at 7 days a week administration. Then drop it to 5 on and 2 off to see how much significantly my igf levels dropped. But at the moment I discovered to be fighting my cholesterol.... Need to handle that first more importantly.

Anyways have heard mix reviews some say everyday or 5 on 2 off protocol. Some report no changes others do. I could stretch 7 days on at the moment so I don't mind. And to this point there is no proof of natural growth suppression due to synthetic introduction.

I'm doing 6 on 1 off. Tell you the truth going on my 3rd month and I just love gh. I sleep so well and have a overall sense of well being that is amazing. I'm currently on some pharma but going to switch back to generic.( just can't afford pharma) my stomach is all vascular like I've never seen before and I'm so chiseled. IMO the whole world should be on hgh, I'm hoping to change body comp even a small amount as I've always been thin. Plan on running year round if I can afford it

Can you guys also tell me protocol for serum testing? Want a test of the generic I have. Thanks

Can you guys also tell me protocol for serum testing? Want a test of the generic I have. Thanks

Inject intramuscular 10iu wait 3hrs to 3.5hrs to get blood drawn at testing facility. Some say fasting in the process, tried it both ways didn't see a difference much.

My lab doesnt do the HGH serum test. They only have the IGF-1 test(somatomedic)
is this useless or can I take this test?
also, whats the timing for the test? any diff if i pin or dont pin GH prior to the test?

My lab doesnt do the HGH serum test. They only have the IGF-1 test(somatomedic)
is this useless or can I take this test?
also, whats the timing for the test? any diff if i pin or dont pin GH prior to the test?

Both tests will give you an idea whether what you have is real or not. If you have been on the product a while go the IGF route. Its what you ultimately try to gain from growth anyway. Also same protocols apply for blood drawing.

I recently read on another board that IGF-1 is the only accurate test these days. According to the theory proposed the Chinese have found ways to elevate serum HGH levels without using biologically active HGH. With this theory your HGH serum test would be elevated but your IGF-1 levels with see no change due to the inactive HGH or peptide being used to temporarily elevate HGH serum levels. That is the gist of the theory anyway. I am sure others can elaborate on this much better than i can.

This is only for generic gh from China. Pharm grade gh is a whole different story, serum tests will be just fine with Pharm hgh.

I hear that all the time but it doesn't make sense. How can you fake hgh in your serum analysis. Hgh is hgh in the blood.

I hear that all the time but it doesn't make sense. How can you fake hgh in your serum analysis. Hgh is hgh in the blood.
Peptides. Hgh fragments. Hgh pulled from blood products. Who knows what other scary shit they dream up to get people to buy generics.

I'm going this week for first time serum test. Will it matter I've been running pharma the past month and am going looking to test generic?

Here's my theory on this-

HGH is a complex chemical structure (191 amino acid chain) and its fairly "easy" to line up all the parts in order but its exceeding more difficult to fold them into the correct three dimensional structure (fold).

The way proteins work its directly expressed through their Fold.

Now if you mass spec'd HGH its looking for the correct amino acids in the right order but does not verify its Folds are correct.

So you can have "HGH" in your blood or vial but its inactive and not raising your IGF levels like it should.

N

HGH is a complex chemical structure (191 amino acid chain) and its fairly "easy" to line up all the parts in order but its exceeding more difficult to fold them into the correct three dimensional structure (fold).

Now if you mass spec'd HGH its looking for the correct amino acids in the right order but does not verify its Folds are correct.

So you can have "HGH" in your blood or vial but its inactive and not raising your IGF levels like it should.

Now that's a much more interesting concept on the conspiracy talks. Gonna look into this when my mind is a bit clear from work.

Yes, this HGH would test as pure GH in a serum test but do to incorrect folding it is not bioactive and will not elevate IGF-1 levels. I do not believe this is the intention but if the Chinese are not capable of perfecting the manufacturing process they will still sell this crap as HGH. I cant see the Chinese throwing out incorrectly folded hgh when they know it will test out in a serum test. Therefore the IGF-1 test is the only one that can actually confirm bioactive hgh. Then there is the issue of adding igf-1 to the inactive hgh to show a spike in igf-1 in a blood test, the conspiracies never end.

Sponsors

Latest posts