HGH sleep issues

400degrees

About a month in on ugl GH, 4iu every night before bed, 2hrs after dinner. First couple weeks it knocked me out all night. Past couple weeks I've been wide awake at 3am every night. Almost feels like a cortisol spike. Wondering if I should ride it out, switch to am, or if anyone has had the same experience or knows the possible science behind this regarding the gh interactions with prolactin, progesterone or adrenals.

About a month in on ugl GH, 4iu every night before bed, 2hrs after dinner. First couple weeks it knocked me out all night. Past couple weeks I've been wide awake at 3am every night. Almost feels like a cortisol spike. Wondering if I should ride it out, switch to am, or if anyone has had the same experience or knows the possible science behind this regarding the gh interactions with prolactin, progesterone or adrenals.

Exact same thing is happening to me. I'm up to 5iu now same exact protocol for timing though. Really haven't slept normal in a couple weeks.

There isn't much science to this but use the search bar. Many members have posted about hGH dose timing and their personal sleep anecdotes.

If you really like hGH, search their feedback. Otherwise, discontinue hGH. A tradeoff with sleep quality isn't worth it imo.

There isn't much science to this but use the search bar. Many members have posted about hGH dose timing and their personal sleep anecdotes.

If you really like hGH, search their feedback. Otherwise, discontinue hGH. A tradeoff with sleep quality isn't worth it imo.
Ya I'll keep searching. I really really like it but I agree sleep is paramount.

Same experience here. I sleep like a rock from 10-3, maybe 4 if I’m lucky. After that, I’m up and wide awake. I dropped my dose down from 4 to 3 IU to see if it’ll help at all. Next move is to split dose between AM/PM.

GH promotes NREM2, REM and sleep fragmentation, especially in the second half of the night. This has been discussed here plenty of times. It's also not without impact on your HPA axis, which you are experiencing now as early awakening. GHRH is what promotes NREM3/4 (ie. deep sleep), so if you want better sleep and is taking GH mostly for "feeling better" (although 4iu is a large dose), then try CJC1295, the long acting GHRH analogue or maybe triptorelin. Otherwise pin your GH am, that will resolve your sleep issues. However, with only AM pinning, you wont get a night time GH bolus, which has it's importance for brain health and recovery ...

Has your weight increased since you started?

HGH can cause an increase in soft tissue in the neck, and also water can transfer from the legs upwards when laying down, both inducing or worsening sleep apnea.

If that's the case, just reducing weight might fix it.

Good point. Slight weight increase but I'm almost positive it's not sleep apnea. It's definitely more of a sudden stress response than a sleep disturbance like sleep apnea.

GH promotes NREM2, REM and sleep fragmentation, especially in the second half of the night. This has been discussed here plenty of times. It's also not without impact on your HPA axis, which you are experiencing now as early awakening. GHRH is what promotes NREM3/4 (ie. deep sleep), so if you want better sleep and is taking GH mostly for "feeling better" (although 4iu is a large dose), then try CJC1295, the long acting GHRH analogue or maybe triptorelin. Otherwise pin your GH am, that will resolve your sleep issues. However, with only AM pinning, you wont get a night time GH bolus, which has it's importance for brain health and recovery ...
This. I saw your similar comment on another thread about this. I really think it's the HPA axis releasing ACTH->cortisol. Would a cortisol blocker like emodin possibly correct this? Even if it did I'm not sure it's sustainable. I know an AM dose will shut down natural pulse that night, would it be the same if you did EOD? If not I'd almost rather go with a GHRH like you said. Yes I am taking gh for "feeling better" but also lipolysis and slight physique enhancement. I'm curious if the secretagogues will do the same in terms of lipolysis/fullness, although sleep is still more important. Would you pair the cjc with ipamorelin?

the sleep issue is simple. You’re taking more than your body can handle. Take less.
I really don't think it's that simple at all. GH pharmacology and sleep in general are two heavily researched topics with multiple factors effecting both. The body can handle large doses, there's experiences and studies with four times this dose, well tolerated. Personally I don't think shutting down natural production for less than 4iu's is worth it unless your GH deficient. If you mean lower and titrate up or split into smaller doses I could see trying that

This. I saw your similar comment on another thread about this. I really think it's the HPA axis releasing ACTH->cortisol. Would a cortisol blocker like emodin possibly correct this? Even if it did I'm not sure it's sustainable. I know an AM dose will shut down natural pulse that night, would it be the same if you did EOD? If not I'd almost rather go with a GHRH like you said. Yes I am taking gh for "feeling better" but also lipolysis and slight physique enhancement. I'm curious if the secretagogues will do the same in terms of lipolysis/fullness, although sleep is still more important. Would you pair the cjc with ipamorelin?

I wouldn't use anything to block cortisol. Besides, there's more to the HPA axis then the cortisol pathway, and besides, GH shouldn't elevate cortisol that much. It lovers cortisol binding globulin somewhat, elevating free cortisol, however that shouldn't have such a big impact on sleep.

There are a lot of other factors involved in sleep and the hpa axis. Vasopressin, neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, glutamate, electrolyte ballance plays a big role too, etc. What you're describing sounds like a loss of sleep pressure and a compression of sleep cycle's.

Either way, I'd stop using gh, as it's obvious you aren't responding to it favourably and such offenses can take time to resolve for some people or even be semi permanent for others, for whatever reason.

I would stay clear of GHRP's. They are the biggest offenders in regards to HPA modulation. Ipamorelin has the lowest effect but stil noticeable. I experienced the exact same sleep pattern on it as you on are on gh. Same goes for mod grf.

I wouldn't use anything to block cortisol. Besides, there's more to the HPA axis then the cortisol pathway, and besides, GH shouldn't elevate cortisol that much. It lovers cortisol binding globulin somewhat, elevating free cortisol, however that shouldn't have such a big impact on sleep.

There are a lot of other factors involved in sleep and the hpa axis. Vasopressin, neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, glutamate, electrolyte ballance plays a big role too, etc. What you're describing sounds like a loss of sleep pressure and a compression of sleep cycle's.

Either way, I'd stop using gh, as it's obvious you aren't responding to it favourably and such offenses can take time to resolve for some people or even be semi permanent for others, for whatever reason.

I would stay clear of GHRP's. They are the biggest offenders in regards to HPA modulation. Ipamorelin has the lowest effect but stil noticeable. I experienced the exact same sleep pattern on it as you on are on gh. Same goes for mod grf.
Totally makes sense. Not surprised it could be a neurotransmitter issue as I've been trying to correct slight imbalances over the years. Still sucks to hear though, I've already noticed all the positive effects from GH. But I'll probably end up dropping it. You think one last ditch effort of splitting dose, AM dose or EOD dose might have less effect on sleep? I'm still not clear on if an every other day protocol shuts you down for the non dosing days in between

You think one last ditch effort of splitting dose, AM dose or EOD dose might have less effect on sleep?

I would absolutely try am dosing and split dosing. Am dosing, and split dosing with an early afternoon pin worked for me while my body adjusted. I stopped having sleep issues when I switched to that schedule. After a few months I had adjusted to hgh to the point I can do a whole bolus right before bed with no issues just fine.

I'm still not clear on if an every other day protocol shuts you down for the non dosing days in between

Depending on the dose. IGF1 is what provides the negative feedback, so if eod dosing provides a high enough IGF1 level then yes, you will remain shut down. I'm not quite sure how long after igf1 drops off natural gh pulses continue but it might be that even if igf1 dropped low enough in 24h, that natural pulses still wouldn't restart ...