How effective is recomping on PEDs?

Let‘s say you’re in a good position for recomping (not close to your genetic muscular limit and carrying a moderate amount of bodyfat), how effective is recomping?

I think of recomping as eating around maintenance calories and staying at roughly the same bodyweight while simultaneously gaining muscle and losing fat. Basically shifting your body‘s energy storage with the help of PEDs.

For context, I’m 5"9' and 190lbs at 18-20% bodyfat. I‘ve started my cycle consisting of 200mg Test E and 300mg Tren E last week and I would prefer to try recomping instead of going the classical route of bulking and cutting. How much longer is it going to take to achieve similar results, assuming your training and diet is on point?

Let‘s say you’re in a good position for recomping (not close to your genetic muscular limit and carrying a moderate amount of bodyfat), how effective is recomping?

I think of recomping as eating around maintenance calories and staying at roughly the same bodyweight while simultaneously gaining muscle and losing fat. Basically shifting your body‘s energy storage with the help of PEDs.

For context, I’m 5"9' and 190lbs at 18-20% bodyfat. I‘ve started my cycle consisting of 200mg Test E and 300mg Tren E last week and I would prefer to try recomping instead of going the classical route of bulking and cutting. How much longer is it going to take to achieve similar results, assuming your training and diet is on point?
It’s good but takes time.

Everything that's worthwhile takes time and good bit of effort. So regardless if it's peds or not you need to diet and train your ass off. Genetics play a big role too, but don't get upset if you work hard enough results will show. Steroids are just the tools and of course help, you need to nail everything else to get real benefits.

As others have already stated, it's going to take longer, albeit, it'll probably be healthier and easier on your mental health. It's essentially a question of if you'd rather run 10miles at a medium pace or sprint 5 miles and then jog-walk 5 miles. Either way, taking Tren at 300mg p/w for a long term recomp isn't healthy, nor sustainable.

Recomp only works if you’re de trained or untrained. For trainees with consistent bodybuilding routine, normal gain and cut phase works best in my humble opinion.

The real question is, have you actually done proper bulks and fat loss phases or have just recently started taking this seriously? If you’re still a newbie in terms of muscle maturity and training/ped experience then recomp might work.

Thanks for the responses, I‘m going to use this cycle to get very lean.

Does anyone have experience with bulking on Tren? Originally I wanted to use it for recomping over a longer timeframe, so I bought a lot of vials, but I won‘t use all of them for a 2-3 month cut.

Should I safe the leftover Tren for whenever I need it again or use it for bulking?

3 months of a hard cut followed by 3 months of a lean bulk will have much better results than 6 months of recomp
Bet this is a myth.
Why ever cut if gaining muscle mass is the goal?
You only starving the muscle in a cut. Makes no sense. BUT BRO INSULIN SENSITIVITY BRO. YEA OK.

Bet it was normalized becouse are muscles even there if they not visible on instagram picture? :rolleyes:

Bet this is a myth.
Why ever cut if gaining muscle mass is the goal?
You only starving the muscle in a cut. Makes no sense. BUT BRO INSULIN SENSITIVITY BRO. YEA OK.

Bet it was normalized becouse are muscles even there if they not visible on instagram picture? :rolleyes:
I think there are tried and true methods. That work for most people. There are always outliers and such. You can go alternative way and get pretty much the same end goal.

I love cutting it's my favorite part. The ability to control myself and look better and better motivates me more than anything else. Bulking has it's place too and it's necessary evil for most people. However most people confuse bulking with overeating on junk food instead of moderate and quality calorie increase.

Everything that's worthwhile takes time and good bit of effort. So regardless if it's peds or not you need to diet and train your ass off. Genetics play a big role too, but don't get upset if you work hard enough results will show. Steroids are just the tools and of course help, you need to nail everything else to get real benefits.
Like lukiss says..
train hard,stay consistant,Nutrition on point this is key!!
70% of the equation!!
other 30% is the peds I like to say nitrous oxide!!
Reason it speeds up the process as long as all above is in check!!!

Definitly, but I dont see the logic.
If you want to gain maximum muscle in a 3 years time span.
How would a cut help? How does stopping/limiting the building blocks of muscles make gains faster?
Will you be able to do that constantly for over 1000 days? Burning out, injuries, mental fatigue, not looking good in the mirror for 3 straight summers...

It's always best to do it in phases, give body some rest and as for cutting it's for health reasons and to look good especially on steroids.

Besides after a cut body is more responsive than ever to gain muscle and strength. You just can't go 100% all the time.

cutting it's for health reasons
In what world is restricting calories healthy and going unhealthy %bf healthy? Excluding the fatties.

To look good
not looking good in the mirror
Just leave it here....
looking good in the mirror for 3 straight summers...
Im glad im not insecure :cool:
Im gonna farm my muscles at the best rate possible, gonna get huge and in the natural limit end make a super cut. This is the true non insecure way of getting huge.

THE ONLY NEGATIVE IS THE OTHER VICTIM WEIGHT BOYS WITH ABBS CALLING YOU FAT.

Last edited:
In what world is restricting calories healthy and going unhealthy %bf healthy? Excluding the fatties.

Just leave it here....

Im glad im not insecure :cool:
Im gonna farm my muscles at the best rate possible, gonna get huge and in the natural limit end make a super cut. This is the true non insecure way of getting huge.
To each his own. My goal is to look good and be strong. I have achieved what I wanted in terms of muscle and strength. Now health is my priority while balancing it all out with my current lifestyle and goals. It is always healthier to carry body fat that is 10-16% depends on genetics. I'm not saying you need to get down to 6 or even 8% to look ripped/shredded. Lean, muscular and athletic is healthy. Diet plays a major role.

To each his own. My goal is to look good and be strong. I have achieved what I wanted in terms of muscle and strength. Now health is my priority while balancing it all out with my current lifestyle and goals. It is always healthier to carry body fat that is 10-16% depends on genetics. I'm not saying you need to get down to 6 or even 8% to look ripped/shredded. Lean, muscular and athletic is healthy. Diet plays a major role.
well said

Definitly, but I dont see the logic.
If you want to gain maximum muscle in a 3 years time span.
How would a cut help? How does stopping/limiting the building blocks of muscles make gains faster?
If gaining muscle is linear and easy everyone would be walking around carrying 300lbs of muscle.

Even the genetically elite in this field of endeavor ie. olympian superheavyweights, follow a bulk then cut routine to maximize their gains and to counter plateauing out.

There are so many factors like insulin sensitivity, health, injuries and some other things this high level coaches know that us mere gymbros cannot understand.

I'm not no one.
I feel for the gymrat,wanting to look good in shorts and a tank top.
Is there really any reason to out your body thru the rigors/stress of bulking then cutting?

Doing this is pretty harsh on your body I feel..Just my 2 cents...

I feel like people just copy past the pros when lifestyle is completly different.

But hey basicaly every roid user is doing it becouse thats what we were taught...

I find no logic in cutting ever if muscle is the goal. Time will tell if im delusional.

Back