How important is protein

I log on both for a couple days. 8oz cooked CB is 4g more protein on crono. Tried to compare raw measure for a better apples to apples comparison, but, fat secret doesn’t have a very good entry for straight raw CB.
On fat secret I take the raw CB that has 110 kcal x 100g, 23g protein.

Hey guys, so I've always been curious as to how important protein really is. I know when we workout it tears our muscle and protein rebuilds them bigger. But let's say u have a guy on cycle eating protein at .5g per lb of bodyweight and the same guy eating 1.5g per lb. Will he see drastically different growth?
damn you're more unintelligent than I thought

you can never in your life comment someones post and talk sh*t again when you don't even know the first thing about nutrients.

Last edited:
damn you're more unintelligent than I thought

you can never in your life comment someones post and talk sh*t again when you don't even know the first thing about nutrients.
Lol bro I'm just giving u shit. But really I thought my post was interesting seeing what everyone's opinions were about that topic. Not everyone gets on here to argue haha im sure I could learn some things from you bc u were jacked in that pic

Lol bro I'm just giving u shit. But really I thought my post was interesting seeing what everyone's opinions were about that topic. Not everyone gets on here to argue haha im sure I could learn some things from you bc u were jacked in that pic
you know whats funny... before I read this I was making food thinking how I would go back and delete this post before you read it.

I joke way too much on here and sometimes I let it go overboard when people attack me. Its just a forum.

Protein... I think to PUT muscle on you need 1.5 per LBM or even 2... but once you get the hard earned muscle I believe you can hold it with MUCH less... Look at John Meadows. He used to eat 350-400 now said he eats maybe 100. Just a thought.

guys like chad nicholls push protein HARD but then you have up and coming coaches like Patrick Tuor who believe lower protein high carb

you know whats funny... before I read this I was making food thinking how I would go back and delete this post before you read it.

I joke way too much on here and sometimes I let it go overboard when people attack me. Its just a forum.

Protein... I think to PUT muscle on you need 1.5 per LBM or even 2... but once you get the hard earned muscle I believe you can hold it with MUCH less... Look at John Meadows. He used to eat 350-400 now said he eats maybe 100. Just a thought.

guys like chad nicholls push protein HARD but then you have up and coming coaches like Patrick Tuor who believe lower protein high carb
Yea I find it interesting bc its not like an exact right answer so I try to learn from everyone on here and rip on people sometimes. Don't take shit serious man its just a bunch of meat heads here

Yea I find it interesting bc its not like an exact right answer so I try to learn from everyone on here and rip on people sometimes. Don't take shit serious man its just a bunch of meat heads here
You can always try it for 6 months and see if you feel any difference. The main thing to me is keeping gut inflammtion down. So if you can handle higher protein try it but if any inflammation or bloating its not worth it in my opinion. I have seen guys blow their guts out trying to force feed protein

You can always try it for 6 months and see if you feel any difference. The main thing to me is keeping gut inflammtion down. So if you can handle higher protein try it but if any inflammation or bloating its not worth it in my opinion. I have seen guys blow their guts out trying to force feed protein
Oh yea I've definitely upped it alot. It's not like I wasn't eating much before but I'm trying to get on up to about 280lbs before I cut back down some. Sitting at about 265 now

coaches like Patrick Tuor who believe lower protein high carb
I listened to him on a podcast the other day - he also has "normal" clients cut their calories in half for a week after three weeks and the "genetic freaks" every 5-6 weeks. I rewound it and listened again to make sure I was hearing him correctly.

View: https://twitter.com/TheAlanAragon/status/1383597976988250115

"Soenen et al are unsung heroes in current diet debate. Their 2012 experiment used 4 separate treatment arms to systematically determine whether the fat loss ‘magic’ was attributable to a diet’s higher protein content or its lower carb content. Guess which."

Soenen, Stijn, et al. “Relatively High-Protein or ‘Low-Carb’ Energy-Restricted Diets for Body Weight Loss and Body Weight Maintenance?” Physiology & Behavior, vol. 107, no. 3, Oct. 2012, pp. 374–80. DOI.org (Crossref), doi:10.1016/j.physbeh.2012.08.004.

Attachments

If you have never run a high protein diet (1.5-2g/lb body weight) and are advising others against it I suggest you either stop speaking on things of which you have no knowledge or try it yourself first. There are plenty of ways to skin the cat, but don’t go discounting ones you haven’t tried.

You will not find a study that simulates a well-trained, anabolic enhanced athlete on...pretty much anything. You simply won’t. Studies are typically all married and guideline you HAVE to supplement with experience and experimentation on yourself, especially when adding anabolics.

So long as your bloodwork stays good, 1.5-2g/lb (yes...2g, so 400 for a 200lb trainee) will have the vast majority of you leaner, growing faster, and more satiated during dieting phases as well.

If you have never run a high protein diet (1.5-2g/lb body weight) and are advising others against it I suggest you either stop speaking on things of which you have no knowledge or try it yourself first. There are plenty of ways to skin the cat, but don’t go discounting ones you haven’t tried.

You will not find a study that simulates a well-trained, anabolic enhanced athlete on...pretty much anything. You simply won’t. Studies are typically all married and guideline you HAVE to supplement with experience and experimentation on yourself, especially when adding anabolics.

So long as your bloodwork stays good, 1.5-2g/lb (yes...2g, so 400 for a 200lb trainee) will have the vast majority of you leaner, growing faster, and more satiated during dieting phases as well.

Welcome back bro
Good to see you posting
Hope all is well...

Knew youd jump in on that tag eventually lol

Missed so much reading you !

I don't think it's ever been scientifically proven the body utilizes more than .8 grams per lb of lean mass. Now, maybe it's outdated information but I've never seen otherwise. This was information I got reading a lot of Ellington Darden material, so like I said possibly outdated
El Darden, now there's a name I haven't heard in years.

Protein is the most important I believe most should be eating 500g at least to pack serious size

study

The amount of energy that the women in the low protein diet group burned remained stable; in the other two groups the amount rose.

The study shows that the motto 'a calorie is a calorie' is not the case. Of course the total number of calories determined how much fat the subjects gained. But if you look at the protein intake you don't see this relationship. A higher protein intake resulted in more lean body mass build up, and did not correlate with the growth in fat mass.

Weight gain from eating more protein: more lean body mass, not more fat

The subjects in the experiment did no exercise. If they had done weight training, the results may have been even better. And if the study had gone on for longer the researchers may have seen that the fat mass of the high protein diet group actually decreased.

This is the first time that researchers have looked at subjects who have put on weight and looked at the effect of different concentrations of protein.

link

Bumping this thread!!
After reading this an doing some digging i realized i need to up my game.
Im a 250 gr protein guy and want to try 500
Its a lot of fucking meat how much of this could i consume from shakes?

Bumping this thread!!
One guy in the thread said he consumes almost all his in shakes and it was a ton of protein.

Bumping this thread!!
500g. You'll be missing out on the micronutrients in various protein sources but you'll get the protein/amino acids you need.

keep us updated

In most bodybuilding diets nowadays, the protien intake is higher than 1 gram per lb because it's being used as a gap filler. What I mean by a gap filler, is an amount that helps boost the cals up so ppl don't fall too far below-500 cals BMR and makes the diet more manageable to stick to when trying to drop fat.

NOW, in terms of building muscle. I could take 2 individuals and cut one of their protein intakes in half but double the carb intake, and the other one could double his protien intake but cut his carb intake, and I can tell you the one that will be bigger and stronger and it ain't the guy skimping on carbs and loading on protien.
I used to put all my eggs in the protein basket but once I started focusing on hit my carb intake of 300g per day is when for the first time in my life I started seeing serious gains in strength and size. I'm now of the mindset that, at least for me, carbs are the most important part of my caloric intake for size and strength gains.

Back