How much protein do you guys eat?

No disrespect meant but I have no clue how Roman is the size he is. I've seen some of his YouTube vids and the weights he uses are so light. He doesn't even go that slow on the eccentric. Must be insane genetics and lots of gear
Yes he does have outstanding genetics but the training and diet are major factors because you don’t look like that by sitting on the couch eating chips even with perfect genetics
I understand your point because i used to do powerlifting so those weights seems light but remember it’s not so much about the weight but rather the intense focus on working only the target muscle. He also does differentt much higher rep ranges for different muscles. Very little or no rest for small muscles and gets incredible pumps from his workouts.
That’s what gives him his physique

The drugs shouldn’t even be considered. You think he is stage lean in the off season and huge because he’s taking 5x what the other pros are? That’s not the case. The drugs don’t work like that. And he’s very open about what he takes.
They are all on a lot of drugs at times, It’s training and diet that makes the difference
Never excuse a pros results with “it’s genetics or drugs”, they all have good genetics and are on gear, it always incredibly hard work and consistent discipline that builds a quality physique at that level

Last edited:
Post the study that analyzed protein requirements in enhanced individuals carrying 50-60lbs of muscle over their natural frame.

I'll wait.
this is the study hes referencing

"The RDA, however, is 0.8 g/kg/d, and reflects the minimum amount of dietary protein required to meet indispensable amino acid requirements, establish nitrogen balance, and prevent muscle mass loss"

"The current protein RDA, however, is often incorrectly applied when used as the definition of recommended intake, rather than its true designation as the required minimum intake. This misapplication is problematic for healthy populations and aging adults, and disadvantageous for those with pathophysiological conditions that would necessitate higher-protein needs."

his reccomendation isn't suitable for bodybuilders or people trying to gain muscle. it's the minimum amount for the average person who doesnt lift to not go completely catabolic and eat all their muscle. This thread has too much broscience and misinformation. People saying whey protein is essentially useless, some dude reccomending 0.8g of protein/kg. The internet forums are a wild place

Love intra workout shakes, Justin actually talks a lot about that topic as well. I feel like especially when taking rapid insulin pre workout, EAAs are an absolute necessity to “optimize” that training window. I think there use for EAAs without insulin as well. I like keeping cyclic dextrin in during workouts at all times no matter what phase i’m in or drugs i’m on

I use some clear whey protein isolate during my workout with some Gatorade powder or maltodextrin. I figure the whey contains EAAs and maltodextrin absorbs fine with me so I haven't wanted to spend the extra cash for EAA/cyclodextrin to see if there's a difference. Have you noticed a performance difference with the cyclodextrin or was it more for digestion issues?

this is the study hes referencing

"The RDA, however, is 0.8 g/kg/d, and reflects the minimum amount of dietary protein required to meet indispensable amino acid requirements, establish nitrogen balance, and prevent muscle mass loss"

"The current protein RDA, however, is often incorrectly applied when used as the definition of recommended intake, rather than its true designation as the required minimum intake. This misapplication is problematic for healthy populations and aging adults, and disadvantageous for those with pathophysiological conditions that would necessitate higher-protein needs."

his reccomendation isn't suitable for bodybuilders or people trying to gain muscle. it's the minimum amount for the average person who doesnt lift to not go completely catabolic and eat all their muscle. This thread has too much broscience and misinformation. People saying whey protein is essentially useless, some dude reccomending 0.8g of protein/kg. The internet forums are a wild place
I'm familiar with the research, and knew that's what he was citing his figures from.

Since he's so informed on the literature is why I asked him for a study relevant to discussion lol

Yes he does have outstanding genetics but the training and diet are major factors because you don’t look like that by sitting on the couch eating chips even with perfect genetics
I understand your point because i used to do powerlifting so those weights seems light but remember it’s not so much about the weight but rather the intense focus on working only the target muscle. He also does differentt much higher rep ranges for different muscles. Very little or no rest for small muscles and gets incredible pumps from his workouts.
That’s what gives him his physique

The drugs shouldn’t even be considered. You think he is stage lean in the off season and huge because he’s taking 5x what the other pros are? That’s not the case. The drugs don’t work like that. And he’s very open about what he takes.
They are all on a lot of drugs at times, It’s training and diet that makes the difference
Never excuse a pros results with “it’s genetics or drugs”, they all have good genetics and are on gear, it always incredibly hard work and consistent discipline that builds a quality physique at that level
Good points. It's definitely a lot of hard work and discipline that most people could never achieve, myself included. I'm getting off topic but Do you think the pump causes a greater stimulus for muscle growth in AAS users than naturals?

Good points. It's definitely a lot of hard work and discipline that most people could never achieve, myself included. I'm getting off topic but Do you think the pump causes a greater stimulus for muscle growth in AAS users than naturals?
I don’t have a definitive answer for that. Maybe someone else will be able to answer it.

I use some clear whey protein isolate during my workout with some Gatorade powder or maltodextrin. I figure the whey contains EAAs and maltodextrin absorbs fine with me so I haven't wanted to spend the extra cash for EAA/cyclodextrin to see if there's a difference. Have you noticed a performance difference with the cyclodextrin or was it more for digestion issues?
I haven’t tried dextrose or gatorade so can’t speak to the difference but yes there’s an absolute performance difference with cyclic dextrin intra workout vs no intra workout for me. The cyclic dextrin was just my first choice because it’s recommended as quicker digesting and less bloat

I don’t have a definitive answer for that. Maybe someone else will be able to answer it.
Milos would say yes, other coaches would say no. I’m not sure anyone has a definitive answer but I will say if you’re getting stronger, and consistently have a pump in the target muscle, that muscle probably isn’t getting any smaller over time

Anyone notice how Justin Harris explains that whey protein, because it is digested so rapidly, gets converted to glucose so quickly that it acts as a carbohydrate in the body.
He says you can test this. If you go hypo you can drink just a whey protein shake with no carbohydrates and reverse the hypoglycemia
He also explains in much greater detail why protein shakes do very little, if anything, for building muscle
This is a good enough reason to not count protein shakes towards your daily protein requirements and why protein shakes are not a viable meal replacement but should only be used when whole food isn’t available.
I pack chicken breast and rice in a cooler and eat it cold whenever I can’t eat at home during the day.
If you want to get the proper nutrition there is always a way
I went over a girls house last night. Brought 5 chicken breasts, rice and quart of egg whites for breakfast and even a pan to cook my chicken in LMAO
Been blowing up my phone all day asking when I can come back over. Yeah that’s some weird shit to do I know but I’m not breaking my diet for nothing and if they don’t like it fuck them.
I brought her red velvet cupcakes lol

Last edited:
I went over a girls house last night. Brought 5 chicken breasts, rice and quart of egg whites for breakfast and even a pan to cook my chicken in

hardcore lol. before my gf I wouldn’t hang out with a girl unless it was on a designated cheat meal day and we went out to eat. otherwise would bring my pre cooked chicken, rice, veggie in my containers

Because Roman Fritz said not to lol

It’s just easier to make sure I’m getting at least my Protein from a quality protein source. I get a little protein from Jasmine rice and I have some whey in my pre workout and intra workout drinks (with cyclic dextrin) but it’s a small amount by comparison and not as quality protein source. My diet is extremely strict so there isn’t any other random sources of protein.
I heard Justin harris say dont count protien from just rice it's not a complete protien enless ur having beans with rice then u can count the protien in because that combo makes a complete protien supposedly, but I trust his nutritional knowledge and still follow some stuff. Even though I dont care for his high medium low days, I prefer all low days untill I'm getting flat and not getting a pump then have a high day or cheat day to build up some glycogen and feel good agin. But I'm not a bodybuilder just like to follow the life style as much as I can, I know John meddows didnt care for the high medium low days much I think his argument was it was just a little more complicated harder to dial in and can make u spill over more easily? I know a box of fruity pebbles while dieting sounds tempting but it dosent work for me lol.

But I definitely use protein powders, liquid egg whites, fat free milk , yogurt ect to complete my daily protien. Say I get in 130-160 g from just meat and whole eggs I will suppliment with the above protien sources to get me to 200+ grams, and I absolutely count them.

I haven’t tried dextrose or gatorade so can’t speak to the difference but yes there’s an absolute performance difference with cyclic dextrin intra workout vs no intra workout for me. The cyclic dextrin was just my first choice because it’s recommended as quicker digesting and less bloat

How much do you take? Are you on slin pre or intra? Until some days ago the only carb source i ever used was some waxy maize probably 12 years ago, it was the most disgusting thing I've ever tried. I'd possibly compare that with rotten eggs just more like a slime texture..but i manage to end the whole tub lol.

Now, some days ago I started using cyclic dextrin intra at 25 grams, it has a flavour but the aftertaste reminds me that horrible waxy maize, and if you don't shake it often it turns out a little slimy.

Do you have better pumps with that? More stamina? Today i skipped it and i think i was a bit flatter.

How much do you take? Are you on slin pre or intra? Until some days ago the only carb source i ever used was some waxy maize probably 12 years ago, it was the most disgusting thing I've ever tried. I'd possibly compare that with rotten eggs just more like a slime texture..but i manage to end the whole tub lol.

Now, some days ago I started using cyclic dextrin intra at 25 grams, it has a flavour but the aftertaste reminds me that horrible waxy maize, and if you don't shake it often it turns out a little slimy.

Do you have better pumps with that? More stamina? Today i skipped it and i think i was a bit flatter.
25g on my medium days, 50g on my high days. Currently 3iu slin in a high day once a week, past offseason was 5iu pre on high days twice a week with 50g cyclic dextrin. I use nutra bio and previously used hosstile’s formula both are pretty good but hosstile had a slight strange texture and didn’t dissolve as well, you should give nutrabio’s super carb a try with some EAAs added in.
Definitely better pumps even on days with no insulin so my pancreas is definitely doing its thing and glycogen is staying full from it lol

25g on my medium days, 50g on my high days. Currently 3iu slin in a high day once a week, past offseason was 5iu pre on high days twice a week with 50g cyclic dextrin. I use nutra bio and previously used hosstile’s formula both are pretty good but hosstile had a slight strange texture and didn’t dissolve as well, you should give nutrabio’s super carb a try with some EAAs added in.
Definitely better pumps even on days with no insulin so my pancreas is definitely doing its thing and glycogen is staying full from it lol
NutraBio Super Carb is what I use also
with EAA’s and a little protein for Intra

Have you tried True Nutrition cyclic dextrin?

Last edited:
So when you are in a more catabolic state, you eat less protein? Mmmm okay.
Sure. you got a point there. But if I keep my protein high, I'm leaving no room for my carbs which make me feel like absolute shit and eventually derail me from the cutting phase by inducing cravings and push my into a binging phase.

To prevent that, I reduce my protein intake to 0.82 grams per pound to keep my carbs stable enough to keep me sane.

That way I'll be able to stay in a caloric deficit without binging or excessive cravings

I use the same for my cyclic dextrin.

Nutrabios is the only one I've found that doesn't have any taste and mixes well.

I use Gatorade powder for my intra workout though just because it's so much cheaper