I just got SCAMMED from Purplepandalab

You all do know it is Chinese holiday, right?
Feb 17 was the last day of the Lunar New Year and most companies are back to work as of the 18th.

Anyway, if your (HunterHowl) transaction amount did not match their transaction request (either under or over) their system does not register it as a complete payment and your order gets turfed after 24 hours. Yes, entering the bitcoin amount can cause this to happen as it is not a stable currency and that is on them and their system.

I do know this has happened to a lot of people and Melody normally gets it taken care of, unless the nature of the email replies to her are crude and then you get your priority dropped to asshole status.

In the end though, they will find your order record and get it sorted out.

PandaRep is hit or miss as he has feelings too and people piss on him a lot when he/she/it is only able to broker the information he/she/it is given by the higher ups (as you will notice in regards to the security breach comments)

Hope everything gets worked out for you. I have never had a problem with them or the gear.

Feb 17 was the last day of the Lunar New Year and most companies are back to work as of the 18th.

Anyway, if your (HunterHowl) transaction amount did not match their transaction request (either under or over) their system does not register it as a complete payment and your order gets turfed after 24 hours. Yes, entering the bitcoin amount can cause this to happen as it is not a stable currency and that is on them and their system.

I do know this has happened to a lot of people and Melody normally gets it taken care of, unless the nature of the email replies to her are crude and then you get your priority dropped to asshole status.

In the end though, they will find your order record and get it sorted out.

PandaRep is hit or miss as he has feelings too and people piss on him a lot when he/she/it is only able to broker the information he/she/it is given by the higher ups (as you will notice in regards to the security breach comments)

Hope everything gets worked out for you. I have never had a problem with them or the gear.
Nah. I ask her nicely to sort thing out for me. It is just irritated after sending numerous emails with no response. Hopefully thing will get sort out

Nah. I ask her nicely to sort thing out for me. It is just irritated after sending numerous emails with no response. Hopefully thing will get sort out

You’re posts read like you are a little amped up about this. I understand you’re irritated and you think you got scammed but give them a chance first.

Be cool when you email. It’s going to get taken care of. But remember that there’s nothing they can do about it until they look into it. It’s not like this completely “poof disappeared” and your money is all gone. Be patient, sit on your hands for a bit and don’t send a dozen emails or that gets annoying. It’s not going to be beneficial for the irritated customer to try to deal irrationally with the annoyed customer service. Be professional about it all. Things generally move quicker and easier when everyone has a cool head.

You’re posts read like you are a little amped up about this. I understand you’re irritated and you think you got scammed but give them a chance first.

Be cool when you email. It’s going to get taken care of. But remember that there’s nothing they can do about it until they look into it. It’s not like this completely “poof disappeared” and your money is all gone. Be patient, sit on your hands for a bit and don’t send a dozen emails or that gets annoying. It’s not going to be beneficial for the irritated customer to try to deal irrationally with the annoyed customer service. Be professional about it all. Things generally move quicker and easier when everyone has a cool head.
I agree, he gives me an amped up feel too.

Exactly. Everyone. That includes both sides.
Both the client AND the customer service...whoever this is.

I don’t know your particular case, but any time I’ve heard a story like this in the past is because you didn’t send enough btc to begin with to cover the original payment and that pending transaction auto deleted after a certain time.

edit just to note, I’ve heard this story about 6x over this year, and each and every time I believe it was reconciled by the panda rep because the issue was what I just said.
I would check this first. Btc is highly volatile and changes minute to minute - remember you're going dollar-bitcoin-dollar. Within the seconds/minutes it takes to do that it could fluctuate quite a bit.

In my case, I was aiming for a pretty hefty minimum for additional product. The bitcoin amount they gave me actually pulled an extra $6 from my account....after block chain confirmation, i was -$4....$9 dollar difference.

If this is a reliable source you want to keep, best practices is do your due diligence on tracking the money. Nobody works for free and a buck or two could be burning you down.

Good luck

I would check this first. Btc is highly volatile and changes minute to minute - remember you're going dollar-bitcoin-dollar. Within the seconds/minutes it takes to do that it could fluctuate quite a bit.

In my case, I was aiming for a pretty hefty minimum for additional product. The bitcoin amount they gave me actually pulled an extra $6 from my account....after block chain confirmation, i was -$4....$9 dollar difference.

If this is a reliable source you want to keep, best practices is do your due diligence on tracking the money. Nobody works for free and a buck or two could be burning you down.

Good luck
This is why I hate BTC. Can be a good thing or a bad thing with the fluctuation like you explained and my luck its always bad.

I hate it too.

I also don't like how complicated it gets to buy.

Complicated as fuck,until you get used to it maybe.

I could not verify myself on any exchange.
That’s honestly my issue often too because I have been without an ID for quite some time.. I have no shame in saying I get my mom or my girlfriend to do it from their name and use their accounts.. it’s also gotten my mom trading Bitcoin lol, good for both of us.

That’s honestly my issue often too because I have been without an ID for quite some time.. I have no shame in saying I get my mom or my girlfriend to do it from their name and use their accounts.. it’s also gotten my mom trading Bitcoin lol, good for both of us.
Two issues.

No exchange can recognize me from any photo.

No exchange can read the alphabet in my ID.

Ah and also my last name. It doesn't literally scream "pls trust me, me no scam"

There must be something wrong with PPL processing system. The fluctuation of bitcoin shouldn't matter. What should matter is the value at the time of your order. Lets say your order is $100 and at that time due to the value of bitcoin that equates to 0.001 bitcoin (round numbers for arguments sake not really the value). You forward them 0.001 bitcoin to cover the cost of your order at that time. It shouldn't make any difference if the value goes up or down because at that moment in time that was the value. The system should recognize the bitcoin amount requested and received. Sounds like the system is fucked if it's trying to account for dollar value minutes after the transaction is posted. It may cost you 0.00101 bitcoins due to transaction fees but that still shouldn't change the fact that at the moment you hit "place order" you owed 0.001 bitcoin.

If I place an order for raws at 6 p.m. my time and the source emails me back at 11 p.m. my time with a bitcoin amount at that time I may not open the email until the next morning. I have always payed the amount they sent regardless if it goes up or down. Otherwise sources would need to be in a constant real time communication with customers. I have never had a source ask for more because it went down or ask for less because it went up. It has always been the amount of bitcoin at whatever time they checked the value.

Bottom line PPL is spending to much money on "demographic studies" and not enough on there processing system.

There must be something wrong with PPL processing system. The fluctuation of bitcoin shouldn't matter. What should matter is the value at the time of your order. Lets say your order is $100 and at that time due to the value of bitcoin that equates to 0.001 bitcoin (round numbers for arguments sake not really the value). You forward them 0.001 bitcoin to cover the cost of your order at that time. It shouldn't make any difference if the value goes up or down because at that moment in time that was the value. The system should recognize the bitcoin amount requested and received. Sounds like the system is fucked if it's trying to account for dollar value minutes after the transaction is posted. It may cost you 0.00101 bitcoins due to transaction fees but that still shouldn't change the fact that at the moment you hit "place order" you owed 0.001 bitcoin.

If I place an order for raws at 6 p.m. my time and the source emails me back at 11 p.m. my time with a bitcoin amount at that time I may not open the email until the next morning. I have always payed the amount they sent regardless if it goes up or down. Otherwise sources would need to be in a constant real time communication with customers. I have never had a source ask for more because it went down or ask for less because it went up. It has always been the amount of bitcoin at whatever time they checked the value.

Bottom line PPL is spending to much money on "demographic studies" and not enough on there processing system.

I have no idea what PPL is using but its not that hard to setup your own BTCPay server so they don't even need to deal with exchanges or being more secure, you can self-host.

The system should not be so broken as to be constantly recaculatuing and fucking peoples orders up if it happened to change. Your order should be valid for as long as the timer is up imo for you to send to the generated address or else the system is going to constantly fuck up.

Secondly if they feel the need to send a total via email then it's up to you to realize if you send it 12-24 hours later it may not be the same cost in btc. They should make this very clear.

Or just don't use the company that's been hacked and had a multitude of issues these days when there is other raw suppliers that seem 10x more professional.

Secondly if they feel the need to send a total via email then it's up to you to realize if you send it 12-24 hours later it may not be the same cost in btc. They should make this very clear.
I agree. I was just stating the suppliers I have bought from always send me a bitcoin total and even if it takes 12 hours for me to get back to them I have never once had them say anything about more/less. Now if the customer goes days before paying that's a different story. Most transaction should take no more than 6-12 hours from the time you get a total to the time you pay. It goes both ways for the supplier to be timely and the customer as well.

Or just don't use the company that's been hacked and had a multitude of issues these days when there is other raw suppliers that seem 10x more professional.
I couldn't agree more. There always seems to be some issue when ordering from PPL and for the last two years at least once a year they get hacked. I will take a hard pass way more suppliers that don't have that issue.

Agree with all of your thoughts. I have a really good experience with the old PPL rep. He was always answer my questions and concerns within 24 hours. I guess the past is the past. Time to move on. However, i still want my stuffs though. I already paid for that shit and that is my hard earn money. Still no response from them though.

I’m pretty sure that’s how their system is setup, I would imagine so anyways.. buddy said there was a 2$ difference in what he sent them, idk what that difference was too in the final numbers.. but most of these payment systems are setup the same.

Sponsors