If you only had 8 exercises.

Good mornings. The old school ones, with a heavy ass bar, bending you like a stick in the wind.

Better late than never.
The hardcore makes up for the lateness.

Idk.
I have always found these a bit awkward to do.
I might be wrong in thinking that it looks easy to do but it's hard to get it right.
It's tough on your back.
The way I see people do them, I am not sure.
What is the right way, according to you?
I thought that one was supposed to hinge at the hip, so your bum goes back.
But I see people just bending forward with the upper body.
Maybe there are more ways of doing this and I don't know.

I kind of like the seated ones, but that's just because i am crap at this stuff... and then no more posterior chain, like that, I guess.

I thought that one was supposed to hinge at the hip, so your bum goes back
That's is correct. Utilize a chamfered bar and push your hips out. It's all about the posterior chain.

Our hips are the most powerful muscle on our body. Utilizing them as much as possible is a good way to have a muslch improved quality of life, no back pains, better core strength etc

The sexy trained ass is a bonus

That's is correct. Utilize a chamfered bar and push your hips out. It's all about the posterior chain.

Our hips are the most powerful muscle on our body. Utilizing them as much as possible is a good way to have a muslch improved quality of life, no back pains, better core strength etc

The sexy trained ass is a bonus

Thank you

I bet your answers change in two decades.

What would you have put on this list 20 years ago, that you would not include, today?

You certainly have a point, as 99% of people (made it up, no data, before the haters pile in) will be dealing with issues relating to injuries, accidents, overuse and so on. Some, sooner/much sooner than others.
But one can adapt things like reducing rom or using bands instead of weights, which may still allow you to perform movements that have become a problem.
I love the constant tension you can have using bands and, depending on what I am doing, they can end up working better for me than using other equipment.

People like a certain Monsieur here who arrive at the venerable age of 75, or something like that, and are still rocking it Louie Simmons style are outliers, I think.

Good for them. They will not be ancient and knackered like the rest of us.
I am not going to tag him as I hope he will miss this, or he will pull the nuclear button on me, after revealing his true age.

[ yes, you Senor, look: :) how cute is that? And another one :) good diversionary tactic from the age revelation. Admit it ]

What would you have put on this list 20 years ago, that you would not include, today?

You certainly have a point, as 99% of people (made it up, no data, before the haters pile in) will be dealing with issues relating to injuries, accidents, overuse and so on. Some, sooner/much sooner than others.
But one can adapt things like reducing rom or using bands instead of weights, which may still allow you to perform movements that have become a problem.
I love the constant tension you can have using bands and, depending on what I am doing, they can end up working better for me than using other equipment.

People like a certain Monsieur here who arrive at the venerable age of 75, or something like that, and are still rocking it Louie Simmons style are outliers,
Can I add into this even though I’m not 75? my parents would have been about . They’re born in the early 50’s, 2 of my uncles have home gyms, one similarly semi complete like mine, the other with a just bowflex, and both still working out.

Has anyone seen rfk jr. he’s a stud at his old age also in 70’s?

Also I freaking love bands, but I really fell in love with them, after a spinal cord injury I thought I would never get back to my original strength ect from. My pt started me doing band work to try and get me strong enough to lift weight again, and it worked miracles. I started liking them so much I use them for not only warming up shoulders but a finish in home workouts. I get a similar feel of flexion and extension on bands as I would cables

my parents would have been about . They’re born in the early 50’s, 2 of my uncles have home gyms, one similarly semi complete like mine, the other with a just bowflex, and both still working out.

Brilliant. I love this.
It seems like a lot of you guys in the US have home gyms.
That makes things so much better and easier to get on with doing stuff.
Also, the fact you don't have to use stuff touched by other people is amazing.
I wish I had the space for something like that.

Has anyone seen rfk jr. he’s a stud at his old age also in 70’s?

Also I freaking love bands, but I really fell in love with them, after a spinal cord injury I thought I would never get back to my original strength ect from. My pt started me doing band work to try and get me strong enough to lift weight again, and it worked miracles. I started liking them so much I use them for not only warming up shoulders but a finish in home workouts. I get a similar feel of flexion and extension on bands as I would cables

yes, I find them so versatile and useful. And when you travel you can take them with you easy.
I like them, as you do, for mobility and warm up.
But a lot of people don't bother with them.
I suppose whatever works for you.

Alright now lets see some actual routines for the week with these magic 8 lifts…

Focus? Strength, density, mass?

Ppl? Powerbuilding? Bbing?