Is bro split really that bad? Diet question also.

Bigbicep

Hey guys, another thread lol. Is the bro split really that bad. The entire time iv been training iv always avoided the bro split due to its once per week per muscle group training but now I’m thinking to give it a shot. One entire gym sesh just focusing on destroying one muscle group at a time. Anyone think I should try? Or am I missing out on gains?

I was planning when I decide to bulk again to do a 40/40/20 protein carbs fats. Is this good instead of 1g protein per pound and high carbs? Or should I just stick to it?

Thank for you help guys.

The current science says two things. I am not googling sources but you can easily find this on youtube or google.

1) 15-20 sets per muscle group per week is optimal. In that study it didnt matter if it was once per week (bro split) or several times per week.

2) Muscle groups should be hit twice a week says another study which contradicts the above study.

I switched from PPLPPL going six days to doing a modified bro split on six days and been enjoying the pump much more.

I am now doing;

Off
Legs (quads, calves, and side delts)
Chest/Bi,
Back/Tri/Rear delt,
Legs (hams and calves)
Shoulders
Arms - BUT I do it with close grip bench and reverse grip pull downs as my first two exercises to hit chest, back, and arms in one day.

The current science says two things. I am not googling sources but you can easily find this on youtube or google.

1) 15-20 sets per muscle group per week is optimal. In that study it didnt matter if it was once per week (bro split) or several times per week.

2) Muscle groups should be hit twice a week says another study which contradicts the above study.

I switched from PPLPPL going six days to doing a modified bro split on six days and been enjoying the pump much more.

I am now doing;

Off
Legs (quads, calves, and side delts)
Chest/Bi,
Back/Tri/Rear delt,
Legs (hams and calves)
Shoulders
Arms - BUT I do it with close grip bench and reverse grip pull downs as my first two exercises to hit chest, back, and arms in one day.
Hmmm interesting. I guess even with the bro split with sertain muscle groups you’re hitting twice per week but not as heavy. For example if your doing back one day your also using biceps a little bit. I might give it a go

Back