Janoshik Analytical laboratory testing services

specifically for peptides though so you can use 1 standard for many of them? except for hgh u use separate one iirc.

and for in-house standard, did you verify vs standard "standard" and is that verification done for correction over time or is it assumed to be fine? esp with degradation testing, if using a standard that also degrades (example hgh) would this not give accurate results as both are technically degrading? my experience is more with isotopes way back in the day so forgive any silly questions.

also a bit confused how you can get purity and quantity with no standard. particularly for peptides..

interesting no customer testing has shown random dosage or compound? other than odd outlier.. esp if 50% are random compounds/doses....talking peptides particularly here. I know histamine type reactions seem to pop up for alot of peptides any common random compounds that are used to "fake" peptides that may cause this? suspect LPS would only be an issue for recombinant/ecoli manufacturing correct?

looking at HPLC results for peptides u will see 97.5% for example and 2.2% will be of some other singular compound and 0.3% of something else...what is the most 'common' singular impurity in hgh or peptides. always sorta assumed was just some random amino left over.

as others have said would be great for harm reduction to know if any signals show up for certain peptides showing up as something Dif. just so people can be extra careful for those specific peptides. ie is semaglutide often popping for some random analog having same/similar agonist activity. or are some of these peptides close enough that can be tuff to know 100% without using longer retention time standards for example.

again, VERY much appreciate your time and input!
I think a lot of recombinant peptides are designed with tags to aid in purification. The tags are usually immunogenic though
very good to know MGF is a tuff one to actually get! of course interested in others! thanks!

yeah surprising to me as well. The MGF I have used from peptidesciences at least definitely improves my recovery/DOMS reduction after a workout.

specifically for peptides though so you can use 1 standard for many of them? except for hgh u use separate one iirc.

and for in-house standard, did you verify vs standard "standard" and is that verification done for correction over time or is it assumed to be fine? esp with degradation testing, if using a standard that also degrades (example hgh) would this not give accurate results as both are technically degrading? my experience is more with isotopes way back in the day so forgive any silly questions.

also a bit confused how you can get purity and quantity with no standard. particularly for peptides..

interesting no customer testing has shown random dosage or compound? other than odd outlier.. esp if 50% are random compounds/doses....talking peptides particularly here. I know histamine type reactions seem to pop up for alot of peptides any common random compounds that are used to "fake" peptides that may cause this? suspect LPS would only be an issue for recombinant/ecoli manufacturing correct?

looking at HPLC results for peptides u will see 97.5% for example and 2.2% will be of some other singular compound and 0.3% of something else...what is the most 'common' singular impurity in hgh or peptides. always sorta assumed was just some random amino left over.

as others have said would be great for harm reduction to know if any signals show up for certain peptides showing up as something Dif. just so people can be extra careful for those specific peptides. ie is semaglutide often popping for some random analog having same/similar agonist activity. or are some of these peptides close enough that can be tuff to know 100% without using longer retention time standards for example.

again, VERY much appreciate your time and input!
Well, if you do AAA, you use AA standards. But no, for peptides there is no one "common" standard. You need to have one for each peptide.

When standards are made they are either compared to a reference standard, or certified via orthogonal techniques, which is what I do.

Degradation has to be accounted for, indeed, for quantitative measurements, however, what you're really looking for when looking for degradation [with peptides] is other peaks at HPLC with the same quality (peptide bonds). Then, given you are looking at the same quality, this is the only time when normalizing AUC is going to yield you purity results.

When testing peptides, normalized AUC is more accurate and precise than absolute measurement of detected mass/weighted mass, simply due to the fact of the measurement being relative by nature.
The purity with peptides that is listed on my reports is "peptide purity" - AUC of target / total AUC. Most common impurity is degradation of the target peptide.

Regarding harm reduction, like I said, I think people should be extra vary of anything less than common.
I don't do screening with peptides, so it's usually either detected target+amount/not detected. If there's something else in there I rarely pursue the research - I'm nor equipped well for the task, nor I have the time with the business steadily doubling every year.

Oh, most of the common peptides, up to 90 AA (which pretty much means all common peptides used in this industry) are now are made on solid phase, which, as far as I know, yields peptides without any unsuspected impurities et cetera. Certainly no LPS.

But then, I am no synthetic chemist.

Regarding recombinant production I know a thing or two, but I dare not try to appear knowledgeable in that regard.

Idk what the deal was but I wish it wouldn't have gone down that way. I'd much prefer to not have paid what FedEx was asking.
Go to the post office and ask for global forever stamps. Go home put one on your bubble mailer and put it in a blue box. No usps employee approval required. I’ve send Jano multiple samples using those stamps

Go to the post office and ask for global forever stamps. Go home put one on your bubble mailer and put it in a blue box. No usps employee approval required. I’ve send Jano multiple samples using those stamps
Thanks, next sample I send will def be sent with this method.

Oh, most of the common peptides, up to 90 AA (which pretty much means all common peptides used in this industry) are now are made on solid phase, which, as far as I know, yields peptides without any unsuspected impurities et cetera. Certainly no LPS.

But then, I am no synthetic chemist.

Regarding recombinant production I know a thing or two, but I dare not try to appear knowledgeable in that regard.
@janoshik Do they check every package now going outside of EU or is it just that they blacklisted my adress ?

I don't understand your question. You are in EU, same as me.
My friend has send me a package before to the EU from the US. It has passed customs no problem. Then he send another package and it got seized. So my question is will they now check every package or is it just my adress is blacklisted ?

My friend has send me a package before to the EU from the US. It has passed customs no problem. Then he send another package and it got seized. So my question is will they now check every package or is it just my adress is blacklisted ?
Oh, so a question entirely unrelated to my business and you don't mean package going outside of EU, but into the EU instead.

I am sorry, but I really can't tell whether your local customs check every, every other or every 1000th package. Paperwork must be provided for all incoming packs to EU since new legislation got passed.

Oh, so a question entirely unrelated to my business and you don't mean package going outside of EU, but into the EU instead.

I am sorry, but I really can't tell whether your local customs check every, every other or every 1000th package. Paperwork must be provided for all incoming packs to EU since new legislation got passed.
When did this legislation pass ?

Well, the techniques that don't need reference standards of the tested compounds, like high-field qNMR, are extremely slow.
gotcha, so peeps get bored waiting for the results and blaze one up to pass the time? smart.

you hiring?

Hihi do yall test estrogens? I brewed some tranny juice and want it verified, Estradiol enanthate in Castor/MCT BB and BA also what cost

Back