Just finished 6 wks HST - feel strong ! ~OGH

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Oregongearhead, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Looking to start this next week. How does this look OGH......
    BB Squat
    Deadlift
    BB Row
    Pulldown
    BB Bench
    DB Incline
    Seated Military Press
    DB Lateral Raise
    BB Curl
    Tri Pushdown

2. seanchan

seanchan Member

I guess I misinterpreted the HST Programming. I literally went about 2 exercises every body part. So I've been doing 16 workouts for the full body lol

Oregongearhead likes this.
  3. That would do it .....10 exercises is about the most you want to start with , you can always add in more exercises with the less rep sets . I only list 9 exercises , but Ive been doing set-ups/calf raises & concentration curls on the side (2 sets each)

Trooper Gains likes this.
  4. You like all those extra sets anyway you madman . That will give you Ironman endurance for sure......[:eek:)]

Trooper Gains and jymis like this.
  5. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Ok thanks OGH, I was thinking of throwing in a couple calve raises and a couple quick ab exercises as well.

7. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

OGH you always go 5 reps on the isolation movements also?

8. Thats how the HST program is designed and I wanted to stay true to it . I try to do isolation exercises slow & deliberate . You can make 5 reps effective....

9. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Ok thank you brother.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  12. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Wish you a quick recovery OGH!!

13. get better my homieee

14. Thanks my Meso brothers - I hate missing workouts , its not in my nature but the doc says it could get serious if I dont rest & rehab this elbow . I still think the HST program is very sound & effective . I"LL BE BACK !! ~Ogh

15. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Take the time you need to heal, you will come back better than before. it is hard but I always try to remember that I plan on training for my lifetime so when something comes up taking the time needed to recover is best.

I too started the HST program last week and love it so far!!!

Thanks for this thread OGH!!!!

16. Still managed a decent workout Saturday.........again NO curls or pulling exercises for the time being......

Squats - 200/250/305/325/355x5x2
    Bench - 135/185/225/255/275x5x2
    BB press- 115/135/155/170x5x2

wt.164lbs@5'5"

Trooper Gains and pumpingiron22 like this.
  17. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Nice OGH! Putting up some weight brother!

18. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

OGH, I started the HST routine last week that I posted in this thread earlier. Reading more I found Millard's routine and contemplating switching it up. What is your opinion on the routine below?

Sample Two-Week Block using 10 reps.
    10 Rep Maxs’ for all exercises were established previously and are as follows:
    Squat = 10×235 lbs
    Leg Curl = 10×70 lbs
    Bench = 10×185 lbs
    Chins = 10xBW+10 lbs
    Dips = 10xBW+20 lbs
    Rows = 10×150 lbs
    Delts (Rear) = 10×30 lbs
    Shrugs = 10×185 lbs
    Bis = 10×45 lbs
    Tris = 10×50 lbs

Read more from this Think Muscle article at http://thinkmuscle.com/training/hypertrophy-specific-training/#ixzz325w2rZ7v

Millard Baker likes this.
  19. Yes Millards routine is what got me started too . I started off with the original routine though with 15 reps the first 2 weeks then 10 then 5 reps . But you can start at 10 then go 5 if you wish . Just dont start off too heavy , but you"ll know quickly if you did......lol . Looks good - Enjoy !! :rolleyes:

Trooper Gains and Millard Baker like this.
  20. Oregonstrong

Oregonstrong Member

Right on thanks brother. I put in last week at 15 reps from my previous routine. May go one more week 15's with Millard's routine to see where I stand there then go into 10's. And about the starting off to heavy I know what you mean. I gauged it pretty well on the bigger compounds but had to de-load on the isolation movements. Found out quick I started out too heavy on those. Also deff have to leave your ego at the door (or in the grass in your case) with the 15's.