Let’s see those garage gyms!

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Worf, Mar 27, 2020.

1. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I finally have a rack, barbels and some plates all in the same place. I still don't have doors or windows, but I can lift dammit.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Who needs doors and windows?! How much did that dumbbell set up cost you?

Worf and Cityofgrit like this.
  3. Artifex

Artifex Member

really nice - don't need windows door as long snow not coming in ;)
    at least has nice fresh air :)

flenser and Logan44551 like this.
  4. Worf

Worf Member

Shit you even have a Swiss bar

Artifex, flenser and Cityofgrit like this.
  5. flenser

I bought those years ago when I was a poor college student. No idea how much I paid. I did have to bug a few people to return the ones they borrowed. Maybe I'll get them all back some day..

The rack was like $90 from Amazon

Cityofgrit and Logan44551 like this.
  6. Worf

Worf Member

They are in stock as of now. It’s colored bumpers that are priced up there with Rouge. Not worth it compared to rogue quality if you’re in a pinch it could due. Most of us are probably expecting this debacle to be over by the time they ship. Its getting harder and harder to tell how far they want to run us in the ground before they feel like they fixed it.

Logan44551 likes this.
  7. Bundy55

Bundy55 Member

Any tips for setting up a gym in my backyard? My backyard is the only space I have for any type of gym equipment. I have a 30ft X 20ft area of concrete to work with. Won’t it just rust over eventually out there though? Even if I tarp it up every day? Should I even give a shit about the equipment getting rusty? I’d assume laying down some type of mat that won’t soak up water on top of the concrete might be smart to put the equipment on top of? Idk I’m trying to get creative but not sure how to go about it. I don’t want to spend a few K just for everything to get ruined out there but I’m getting desperate lol Should I just throw the cheapest equipment I can find back there and not care of it gets messed up due to weather? Maybe a big ass shed back there would work...

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  8. flenser

I hope the debacle is over by then, but I'm not too trusting when it comes to politicians, bureaucracies, governments and billionaires and this has been a tremendous boon for all of them. I doubt they will let up until the people force them to, and so far practically no one is even grumbling, much less resisting.

Worf and Logan44551 like this.
  9. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

That's what I did. Bought a $300 squat rack off Facebook swap, had an old rusty bar and plates given to me, and bought a used bench and some more polyethylene coated plates. Got about $750 in all that and that stuff stays outside. My more expensive stuff like my deadlift bar I keep inside when I'm not using it. Also already had some horse trailer mats I got at Rural King for about $40 to deadlift off of. Got a small concrete pad in my yard it sits on.

I think most of it will hold up okay outside. If some doesn't at least I was able to keep training during the lockdown. Polyethylene coated plates should be waterproof at least. I am going to get a tarp eventually.

flenser and Bundy55 like this.
  10. Bundy55

Bundy55 Member

Yea I think that’s the simplest way to go about it. Going to look for some cheap stuff to get me through. Thanks bro

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  11. i wonder if there's some kind of spray on coating you could use that would resist rust?

i have no actual idea what it would be called, but there's gotta be something out there.

12. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

You could use an elastomeric paint

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  13. Freakmidd

Freakmidd Member

POR-15 is a brush on protection that works great even on rusty surfaces... providing you apply it to bare metal...

MisterSuperGod and flenser like this.
  14. Worf

Worf Member

Horse stall mats. Probably should build an awning, some sort of roof just to keep it from getting soaking from rain

15. Switcher

Switcher Member

No real pics but I did reach go out to Liftinglarge.com and bought all their resistance bands (40 and 20 inch varieties) as well as a set of handles. I also have a chin up/leg left rack and some door wedge handles in my home office.

Those bands are massive by the way. The heaviest... I am having a hard time figuring out why I even bought them at this point. Probably a wise investment though as I am hearing we could be in this for a lot longer while than anyone thinks.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Worf likes this.
  16. Freddy19

Freddy19 Member

Adjustments.jpg
    Smallest home gym, but loving it!

Oldschool, Den84, Cityofgrit and 11 others like this.
  17. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Artifex, Worf and Freddy19 like this.
  18. Freddy19

Freddy19 Member

Thanks my brother

19. Uglyrichie

Uglyrichie Member

Buy a portable canopy. Should keep most of the weather off. Wire brush, oil and paint will get you through till you can come up with something better. A 10×10 should be plenty since a home rack is usally 4x4

Worf likes this.
  20. Freakmidd

Freakmidd Member

I've never been big on "universals" but since my garage is full of tools I went with a pretty versatile multi that I could fit in a small spare room.. weight however has been almost impossible to find for under $4-$5/lb, I managed to find a half dozen cheap 45's at Walmart but I've been waiting two weeks now for them to ship...

IMG_1667.jpg

Oldschool, Den84, Freddy19 and 6 others like this.