Long term storage of raws

Have stored raws in a deep freezer -15°C for over a decade without degradation in vacuum sealed bags. That experience led me stocking up for doomsday using the same method

Well, why store it so long time and take the risk to inject it but not order a new batch? Mostly I will recommend to store 3 years max!
Because the winds of change are very likely with China. Geo economic collapse is highly likely in next decade and population inversion is beyond terminal. It will take a decade for a new player to rise and produce in the way they do. Even with splintering in to the regional states that is likely to happen, disruption of PED supply at least 3 years is very probable due to instability.

Last edited:
Have stored raws in a deep freezer -15°C for over a decade without degradation in vacuum sealed bags. That experience led me stocking up for doomsday using the same method
What happens when the power goes out for an extended period of time?

What happens when the power goes out for an extended period of time?
Most chest freezers will hold sub freezing temps 3-6 hours and refrigerated temps 8-12 hrs. I have a large capacity battery backup installed and you can buy a monitor for temps called YoLink. It will alert your phone, and you can place temp / humidity sensors in the freezer

Beyond that. Wrapped dry ice works great (This is how I have moved and kept the temps to freezing without over freezing the product.)

I want to store up enough raws to survive an (the) apocalypse. If I'm vacuum sealing my raws in 7mil mylar, with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packs, and then storing them at 0°F in the bottom of a chest freezer, what would their practical lifespan be? I'm interested in pretty basic shit, the things I know and like that I'm tolerant to, e.g., test e/c, boldenone cypionate, nandrolone decanoate, and Anadarko.
I had stuff I put away in 2005 that I still occasionally dip into today to run with zero noticeable degradation. Both raws and finished product.

Raws were vac packed, nothing special, just a food saver and normal foodsaver rolls and do 2 lays of vacpacking. Just put away in a dark spot where UV light can't get to it.

Finished product was just bottled as normal.

I've always steered clear of placing raws into a fridge/freezer due to the moisture. If for whatever reason it got into the raws, that will cause them to degrade.

I don't live in a third world country. Define a long time
You don't need to.. just move to Florida. Hurricanes, mini tornados, Oh My! lol A few days, a week, two weeks.. the longest has been 40 days.

Most chest freezers will hold sub freezing temps 3-6 hours and refrigerated temps 8-12 hrs. I have a large capacity battery backup installed and you can buy a monitor for temps called YoLink. It will alert your phone, and you can place temp / humidity sensors in the freezer

Beyond that. Wrapped dry ice works great (This is how I have moved and kept the temps to freezing without over freezing the product.)
I also have a chest freezer. I don't have a battery backup, although I should. Every year I say I should get something and never do. If I had one, what would I offer at the hurricane parties? I just looked up YoLink. That looks great! I'm going to buy it.

You don't need to.. just move to Florida. Hurricanes, mini tornados, Oh My! lol A few days, a week, two weeks.. the longest has been 40 days.

Yeah that's not a problem we have where I live, but to answer your question, if the power went out for a month, no big deal, it's not meat, it's not gonna spoil. I guess I'd send it to jano if I really wanted to know but I'm confident enough with my storage method that I'd still brew it.

I also have a chest freezer. I don't have a battery backup, although I should. Every year I say I should get something and never do. If I had one, what would I offer at the hurricane parties? I just looked up YoLink. That looks great! I'm going to buy it.
Make sure you use Lithium rechargeable batteries if you get it. Regular NiCad etc don’t produce enough charge at sub zero. Or you can keep it below freezing but over 5 degrees F.

Posts show people have stored powders for 10 or more and the common denominator is they keep the powders dry, away from air and light. They are stored at room temp and freezers with equal results.