New MESO-Rx member ranking system

Do you like the new MESO-Rx ranking system?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
yeah this was the date @Spaceman Spiff. ...i didn't want to come out in this post and ask why you had orange letters and @Fattyone did not. I was trying to use some tact and discretion. Well I am sure you will get yours back and @Fattyone will get his. He does some great harm reduction posts.

Take care everyone and have a great week. Fascinating stuff!
This ranking system is pretty new and controversial thing. It came to light in very late 2022. At first there was a veteran rank instead of well known member. Later on it was changed to wkn due to too many veterans and as time went by some members lost it and requirements went up too (I'm not saying those who lost it due to unknown reasons don't deserve it). Just pointing out what I remember and some of it is just my opinion, as I have no proof.

Thanks, and you have a good one too. It's all right to talk about different stuff. Meso is cool place and it's refreshing to go off topic a bit and not just talk about steroids, diet and training all the time. There's more to life. Fascinating it is.

Mhm, like, ... talking about an online forum's user ranking system bugs. Truly fascinating indeed.
Solid stats but alas you are missing the elusive "respected" 1000 positive reaction score trophy as well.

Congrats you snuck through with the Admired trophy in 2022 before the bug.

Hey we are at least on topic haha.

Solid stats but alas you are missing the elusive "respected" 1000 positive reaction score trophy as well.

Congrats you snuck through with the Admired trophy in 2022 before the bug.

Hey we are at least on topic haha.

XD

Thanks for your contribution. Then why have one?

I seriously doubt that Admin doesn't care. We will find out.
It probably came as standard with the forum software, rather than as something Admin specifically wanted. It also possibly broke during an upgrade.

As your “thanks for your contribution” malarkey - I just think there’s more useful things you could be contributing too here rather than posting again about a rather naff trophy system that barely anyone thinks is relevant or useful. You’re clearly intelligent, after all.

Haha. Appreciate the anecdote. That is a good proof point that the system is adaptive based on behavior. Good to know. I now have about 90 thumbs down for harm reduction posts! The impurity testing idea is slowly catching on after a rocky start.
I think you’ll find it’s just @Millard manually demoting members down the ranks when they’re naughty.

It probably came as standard with the forum software, rather than as something Admin specifically wanted. I
It's a default part of the forum app. The trophies are largely based on post count so it hasn't been used much for anything else. If it is in fact "broken", I am more inclined to disable entirely than repair it.
Curious. Is the scoring algorithm available to serious conscientious members who aren't looking to hack it. Just wanting to learn more about it and offer any constructive feedback if applicable.
The scoring isn't based on direct analysis of content unfortunately. It tries to infer value based on other measures and is far from accurate. Any vagueness about the algorithm details is intentional. It just leads to people chasing numbers rather than actually contributing value.

Just out of curiosity how long does it take to be able to dm other members? I have 0 interest in sourcing or speaking with labs. I like to be able to give/get advice in a more private setting without having to post a thread.

Just out of curiosity how long does it take to be able to dm other members? I have 0 interest in sourcing or speaking with labs. I like to be able to give/get advice in a more private setting without having to post a thread.

I think that is covered here:

It probably came as standard with the forum software, rather than as something Admin specifically wanted. It also possibly broke during an upgrade.

As your “thanks for your contribution” malarkey - I just think there’s more useful things you could be contributing too here rather than posting again about a rather naff trophy system that barely anyone thinks is relevant or useful. You’re clearly intelligent, after all.
I thought I was contributing in other threads. Just came in here to daylight my observations. Appreciate your feedback. Was just ribbing you a bit.

It's a default part of the forum app. The trophies are largely based on post count so it hasn't been used much for anything else. If it is in fact "broken", I am more inclined to disable entirely than repair it.
The scoring isn't based on direct analysis of content unfortunately. It tries to infer value based on other measures and is far from accurate. Any vagueness about the algorithm details is intentional. It just leads to people chasing numbers rather than actually contributing value.
Appreciate the confirmation. I won't bring this up anymore. In summary, the trophies are malfunctioning and the reaction score is in play. Thresholds for member class promotions appear to have tightened in the last 13 months.

Thanks for the info.

IIRC within the first 100 posts or somewhere less than 100 reaction score. I think I captured it in my intro thread. Edit: no I didn't document it.

Thank you
Sure. Looks like my reaction score was about 70 on the day I received my first PM (death threat, jk).

Mhm, like, ... talking about an online forum's user ranking system bugs. Truly fascinating indeed.
Not what I meant. It is interesting to talk about ALL other things not related to gear only. Bad day or something bro?

The problem with this is that you may be giving / getting really poor advice, potentially dangerous even. At least with public threads, there are opportunities for others to highlight advice as poor or dangerous.

The whole point of the forum after all is to provide a space for public discussion, not a platform for private messaging.