New Source Code of Conduct (Rough Draft)

Well done to all involved. I agree that nothing is perfect, but it's great to see that meso leads the way in putting things in place to promote member safety.

I find it interesting though that all the posts here are supportive of having a SCOC. No doubt there are those here that believe it only serves to scare away sources, but it haven't seen any posts that reflect that. Obviously there isn't going to be full support for any single approach, but I wonder when these guys come out saying how shit it is?

It has made a difference. The only question is how far we go as a group in becoming involved with sources other than purchasing gear. Every scamming fuck on the net would see a juicy target if not for our code. Hold new sources to this standard.

I said this before and I don't know if it got noticed, but in light of this potential MFL/Titan picture situation I'm going to say it again.

I think we need to add something about being able to ask a source for new pictures of their lab at a random interval.

Obviously not daily or even once a month, but at some random point during the sources life we should be able to say "OK I want to see the SAME hood and autoclave you're using again" just by way of insurance that the source actually owns/uses the correct brewing apparatus

I realize this won't work perfectly and we'll hear excuses, but any source thats legit will be able to come through pretty quickly with new, dated pictures.

If I read the MFL/Titan thread correctly (And it turns out to be true) it means that all the gear those two labs sent was brewed outside of a hood and therefore has a higher risk of infection

Hey guys, I know I'm newer around here and to this game in general but I think I've got a decent suggestion if anyone cares to consider it...

maybe the vets could get together on this scoc "draft" & put together an official version and then ask Millard to make the official scoc a sticky thread in the underground.. that way any time a new ugl enters the underground looking to source theres no denying that the scoc will be the first thread they see, theyll have no excuses, no way around it... on the scoc you could clearly inform them that if they cant/wont meet the requirements stated in the scoc not to even bother trying to source this board...

Hey guys, I know I'm newer around here and to this game in general but I think I've got a decent suggestion if anyone cares to consider it...

maybe the vets could get together on this scoc "draft" & put together an official version and then ask Millard to make the official scoc a sticky thread in the underground.. that way any time a new ugl enters the underground looking to source theres no denying that the scoc will be the first thread they see, theyll have no excuses, no way around it... on the scoc you could clearly inform them that if they cant/wont meet the requirements stated in the scoc not to even bother trying to source this board...

Glad you're participating!!

Millard can't do that however for legal reasons.. Plus we run those guys out quick enough, an example would be dionysus earlier today..

Glad you're participating!!

Millard can't do that however for legal reasons.. Plus we run those guys out quick enough, an example would be dyonisis earlier today..
oh i see... didnt put too much thought in the legal aspect of it...
lol and ya skimmed through that thread, thats why i love it here at meso!:D:D

you guys refuse to be fucked with!:eek::eek::eek:

oh i see... didnt put too much thought in the legal aspect of it...
lol and ya skimmed through that thread, thats why i love it here at meso!:D:D

you guys refuse to be fucked with!:eek::eek::eek:
keep the ideas coming my brother- we stick together and our unedited flow of ideas and their execution is what keeps us safe. we welcome every soldier- and nobody is in charge. it is beautiful.

I said this before and I don't know if it got noticed, but in light of this potential MFL/Titan picture situation I'm going to say it again.

I think we need to add something about being able to ask a source for new pictures of their lab at a random interval.

Obviously not daily or even once a month, but at some random point during the sources life we should be able to say "OK I want to see the SAME hood and autoclave you're using again" just by way of insurance that the source actually owns/uses the correct brewing apparatus

I realize this won't work perfectly and we'll hear excuses, but any source thats legit will be able to come through pretty quickly with new, dated pictures.

If I read the MFL/Titan thread correctly (And it turns out to be true) it means that all the gear those two labs sent was brewed outside of a hood and therefore has a higher risk of infection

How hard would it be for them to leave a camera on site for someone to take a pic anyways right? Good idea!

To all members,

Myself and a few others have been working on a new SCOC to encompass the necessary requirements to ensure as little scamming as possible. We think these should be member driven requirements. We all enforce this together so all of us should have a say in what goes into it. If you have an idea to improve upon what we have so far, feel free to speak up. Let's not turn this into a pissing contest. We will all benefit from an open discussion but flaming each other will be counterproductive. Any ideas are welcomed.

**********DO NOT POST LIST UNTIL THESE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN SATISFIED**********

*****SOURCES WILL HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLY WITH ALL ITEMS*****​

1. Pics and description of brewing process. (Sterility equipment is a must)

a. Pictures MUST include your lab name with the date

b. Pictures will be taken from multiple angles

2. Communication.

a. Secure email is required. (Safe-mail will not be permitted)

b. PGP encryption is a MUST

3. Full disclosure.

a. Who are your reps/shills?

b. Do you have any other handles on Meso?

4. Testing

a. Source will donate products and pay for Mass Spec testing

b. Random testing and blood work should be compensated accordingly with store credit

5. References.

a. Do you source at other boards? If so, where and for how long?

b. Source may be grandfathered if they’ve had years in good standing and are vouched for by respected members. Item 4b. Will still apply to these sources.

6. Sources limited to one thread pushing their product.

7. If source has a website, it MUST be hosted outside the U.S.

Highly recommended

1. Multiple payment options
Bump 3b

I believe it is written clearly there... But it does take us all as a community to enforce this.

Vol I understand your concern but a source could have info that could lead to his arrest under his old handle putting this very board at risk. Imo the only reason for 3b is to make sure the source isn't shilling for himself and bashing others. The last thing we want to do is put other members in jeopardy.

Would it be possible to limit a sources ability to receive PMs from members without a certain number of posts/level of rank?

This may deter fly by night sources from throwing up a half ass version of the SCoC just to get their info out there then take a bunch of orders from new members and taking off or ship under dosed product because they won't know any better.

mmmiron I tried that lol... but that goes against the type of uncensored board this great place is! ;)

Sponsors