New Source Code of Conduct (Rough Draft)

I think it leaves room for collusion if they don't openly disclose...for arguments sake do we really KNOW that the Greek isn't Brutus or Myth? (sorry guys but it's a valid point)

No..... TEK you are right and I know Brutus would agree. That is why I don't think it is alright to just tell a member. Everyone should know..... things you think about before you open shop.
You know what fine then there is a committee of members not one or two. How about at least 5 and we choose.

I think your on the right track Volt. Whatever you guys decide I will back. Everyone has hectic lives outside of the boards and sometime unexpected shit just happens, people disappear because they get busy (or pinched/rehab/etc). It's good to have broader base to make sure at least someone is here to follow it through.

Here's my only concern with letting others in on your past handle. Security in the realm is a major issue. LE scans these forums prob have dummy accounts so hypothetically speaking it could get out then people start going down. There needs to be a better way for that reason. I don't know a way but security is a major concern to me. On the flip side knowing would help us as members.

If you aren't using TOR, a registered secure email with your own PGP encryption, stripping metadata from any uploads, and just generally operating in open forums like security is a priority...there isn't much the community can do for you. It's up to every man to decide what's right for them, and some may decide to source, some may decide to purchase. At the end of the day you will have to decide how much risk you are willing to assume. I don't like cold showers, so I choose not to do business with guys that don't maintain a similar view on security.

I like it. The only thing that I'm not sure about is other meso handles. I could see someone not wanting to reveal a handle that people may know personal information about. The people who we would be concerned about wouldnt fess up anyway.

If the absence of an alternate handle here on Meso doesn't preclude someone from doing business under the CoC then why would anyone disclose this information? Couldn't they just as easily say they don't have one? Perhaps having a history on Meso with another handle should be a prerequisite for doing business here.

Here's my only concern with letting others in on your past handle. Security in the realm is a major issue. LE scans these forums prob have dummy accounts so hypothetically speaking it could get out then people start going down. There needs to be a better way for that reason. I don't know a way but security is a major concern to me. On the flip side knowing would help us as members.

My feeling is that it should be the responsibility of whomever is doing business to ensure their own security. I'm not sure what law enforcement would ascertain from a past handle that they couldn't from a current one. If communications are encrypted and everything else is handled appropriately then there shouldn't be any issues. Unfortunately reputation is all most of us have to go on when deciding to make a purchase. Withholding past board handles hurts the consumer far more than it protects the dealer. If potential sellers aren't smart enough to protect themselves then why should any of us trust them with our personal information? I've seen a few instances on this board where suppliers were suspected of being known under previous handles after they had scammed members here. I beginning to think that divulging past board handles should be part of the vetting process.

Alright guys here is an update. Let me know what you think.

UPDATE VER. 1.1
**********DO NOT POST LIST UNTIL THESE REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN SATISFIED**********

*****SOURCES WILL HAVE 24 HOURS TO COMPLY WITH ALL ITEMS*****

(If timeline is not met, source will donate 5 additional products for testing)​

I. Pics and description of brewing process. (Sterility equipment is a must)

A. Pictures MUST include your lab name with the date

B. Pictures will be taken from multiple angles

C. Raw sources and re-sellers that are unable to provide pictures will follow all other items

II. Communication

A. Secure email is required. (Safe-mail will not be permitted. Example of good providers: (Anonymousspeech, Countermail, Securenym)

B. PGP encryption is a MUST

III. Full disclosure

A. Who are your reps?

B. Don’t send any shills. It’s dishonest and we will figure it out

IV. Testing

A. Source will donate at a minimum 5 (10 if item I. is not addressed) products and pay for Mass Spec testing

1. 80% purity for oils is acceptable (if products aren’t to desired purity and dosage, label them as such and adjust cost)

2. Proper dosing will be expected for all orals

3. Contaminants will obviously not be tolerated

B. Random testing and blood work should be compensated accordingly with store credit

V. References

A. Do you source at other boards? If so, where and for how long?

B. Source may be grandfathered if they’ve had YEARS in good standing and are vouched for by respected members. Item IV.b will still apply to these sources.

VI. Sources limited to one thread pushing their product.

VII. If source has a website, it MUST be hosted outside the U.S.

Highly recommended

**Multiple payment options**

I'm new here but for the sake of objectivity I think we should do away with the whole grandfathered in clause. I can understand them not wanting to provide pics of their lab set-up, but I can't for the life of me figure out why any of the above sections of the CoC shouldn't apply to them. Especially in terms of quality control and testing. Just because someone has a reputation of being a stand-up guy doesn't automatically mean his product will be.

I'm also not big on the source selecting 5 of his products for testing. If it were me then I'd just make sure I gave you 5 good vials of anything. This doesn't do much to protect anyone. We need to set up a system that allows for 5 random customers to submit their products for testing by a lab of the boards choosing. These customers can be reimbursed by the lab either monetarily or via product with a retail value equal to the cost of the testing. Not sure if this is doable, but it would go a long way towards leveling the playing field between sources and consumers and ensuring the safety of Meso members.

My feeling is that it should be the responsibility of whomever is doing business to ensure their own security. I'm not sure what law enforcement would ascertain from a past handle that they couldn't from a current one. If communications are encrypted and everything else is handled appropriately then there shouldn't be any issues. Unfortunately reputation is all most of us have to go on when deciding to make a purchase. Withholding past board handles hurts the consumer far more than it protects the dealer. If potential sellers aren't smart enough to protect themselves then why should any of us trust them with our personal information? I've seen a few instances on this board where suppliers were suspected of being known under previous handles after they had scammed members here. I beginning to think that divulging past board handles should be part of the vetting process.
You have a valid point. I just think that not only should we protect ourselves but our sources should be protected as well. When you are a regular member you sometimes divulge personal information/stories on your account that can't be undone. I'm not saying not to do a "background check" I'm just saying there has to be a better way than passing around their old handle.

What about adding what your packing procedures are? So members do not get oil-soaked packages in the mail. I think vacuum packing is a must IMO.

You have a valid point. I just think that not only should we protect ourselves but our sources should be protected as well. When you are a regular member you sometimes divulge personal information/stories on your account that can't be undone. I'm not saying not to do a "background check" I'm just saying there has to be a better way than passing around their old handle.

I totally see your point, but I was just looking at it from an IP address perspective. You're right, people do tell stories and divulge personal info from time to time, but those posts are more often indicative of character and morality than anything incriminating. Moreover, vet sources still divulge personal info without much issue (i.e. One source had a down vehicle, daughter with a fever and attended a biker event last weekend.) Anyone looking to bust someone probably isn't going to sift through all of that when there are more efficient methods of tracking people down. I'm no expert, but I think that the real legal threat lies in the transaction between the source and the consumer rather than the personal info, thoughts and opinions of a source under his previous handle.

What about adding what your packing procedures are? So members do not get oil-soaked packages in the mail. I think vacuum packing is a must IMO.

I think that might be a dead giveaway. Sort of like playing poker with marked cards. I'm confident a source would be lit up on this board for a shitty pack job. The source would likely ensure a decent pack job in the interest of self preservation.

I think that might be a dead giveaway. Sort of like playing poker with marked cards. I'm confident a source would be lit up on this board for a shitty pack job. The source would likely ensure a decent pack job in the interest of self preservation.

I am not understanding what you are saying. Last week I got a leaking package from a source in a garbage bag from USPS. It is not that big of a deal to vac pac something.

"The source would likely ensure a decent pack job in the interest of self preservation"

Don't bet your life on that homeboy.. Sources will do anything to skim a dollar

I am not understanding what you are saying. Last week I got a leaking package from a source in a garbage bag from USPS. It is not that big of a deal to vac pac something.

"The source would likely ensure a decent pack job in the interest of self preservation"

Don't bet your life on that homeboy.. Sources will do anything to skim a dollar

I wouldn't bet my life on something like that, but if you tell me right now who sent you the leaky pack then I'll probably never order from that source based on your review alone. Sources who skimp on packing and leave you exposed won't stay in business very long once people find out they're cutting corners. However, identifying characteristics of packaging combined with points of origin would be LE's wet dream.

I wouldn't bet my life on something like that, but if you tell me right now who sent you the leaky pack then I'll probably never order from that source based on your review alone. Sources who skimp on packing and leave you exposed won't stay in business very long once people find out they're cutting corners. However, identifying characteristics of packaging combined with points of origin would be LE's wet dream.

"However, identifying characteristics of packaging combined with points of origin would be LE's wet dream"

I still do not see your point. I am not asking to show me the box. I a primarily concerned with how the breakable vials get packaged within the box.

Saying something will be leak proof will be identifying? Your not required to put a return addy on any packages. You could buy bulk boxes from P.O. and put it in different blue mailboxes. LE is not going to open every single package. They would have to stake out virtually every mailing location in the sources particular city.

"However, identifying characteristics of packaging combined with points of origin would be LE's wet dream"

I still do not see your point. I am not asking to show me the box. I a primarily concerned with how the breakable vials get packaged within the box.

Saying something will be leak proof will be identifying? Your not required to put a return addy on any packages. You could buy bulk boxes from P.O. and put it in different blue mailboxes. LE is not going to open every single package. They would have to stake out virtually every mailing location in the sources particular city.

Now I'm confused. Do you want the source to promise to put your gear in a bag so it doesnt leak?

In discussing the packaging you are the one holding all the risk since it's you and not your source that is likely to receive a controlled delivery. So I guess my point is that any source who can't pack a box is incompetent and doesn't deserve any of our business. There's no need to give any indication of how something will be packed in a CoC since doing so may hurt us more than it helps us. Let's just collectively say that if you send out bullshit packs then no one on this board will order from you anymore. I can't imagine that they'll continue receiving orders once people hear about their shitty pack jobs... Who sent you the leaky box?

Now I'm confused. Do you want the source to promise to put your gear in a bag so it doesnt leak?

In discussing the packaging you are the one holding all the risk since it's you and not your source that is likely to receive a controlled delivery. So I guess my point is that any source who can't pack a box is incompetent and doesn't deserve any of our business. There's no need to give any indication of how something will be packed in a CoC since doing so may hurt us more than it helps us. Let's just collectively say that if you send out bullshit packs then no one on this board will order from you anymore. I can't imagine that they'll continue receiving orders once people hear about their shitty pack jobs... Who sent you the leaky box?

Absolutely I want the source to promise leak-proof packages. I could of avoided what happened to me if it addressed in the source COC from the beginning.

Holy shit dude... and that guy's new. Point taken. It would appear that packing does need to be addressed in the CoC. I just never thought someone would fuck that up so bad. Looks like he at least tried to bubble wrap, but damn. Last time had pack that looked even remotely that bad it was from Pakistan and that was just a couple of busted amps. That pack looks like it was straight dipped before it was sent out. Sorry that shit happened to you man.

Back on this considering recent events at Dunamis. Full disclosure of handles going forward no sharing it with just one or two members. This guy was given the green light way to quickly IMO. We need to be on the same page here. I know some of you kind of run on your own and it is not helping. If we cant figure this out maybe it is time to finally have the discussion of NO SOURCES WE RUN THEM ALL WAY.