No results!

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Bob Smith, Feb 14, 2004.

Cause of no results?

1. Bad training program

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Poor nutrition

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  3. Lack of consistency

11 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. Believing the magazines contain "information"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Following what the pros do

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. thick

thick Junior Member

ok eat the same and quit training and c what happens lmao. Dolfe, i am not opening that attachment. You are wrong u r wrong ur wrong urwrong ;)

2. dolfe1

dolfe1 Junior Member

Starvation and sleep deprivation will never ever give you any gains no matter what your training program. Here's a defintion for abrasive. :)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=abrasive

3. dolfe1

dolfe1 Junior Member

Ok thick you prob don't have to open that to get an idea of what it is, but doesn't curiousity ever overcome you? :p

4. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

Since when did DD reduce their donut size? The last time I was there, everything was all good. Krispy Kremes are the bastards that have quarter-sized donuts. Two bites and youre done.

At DD I usually end up getting an everything bagel (or three) with real cream cheese. Mmm!

Dove bars are good, you can find them in any decent grocery store. Grizz, have you ever tried the Ben & Jerry's equivilent? Good stuff.

5. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Never seen the B&J variety. I like their ice cream, but sometimes they go too far with it. I guess that's what happens when you let drug addled, hippies make icecream recipes. Am I the only guy who would just like some normal flavored ice cream made with such TLC? Oh yeah, and I want half gallons of that shit. That pint crap just doesn't fly with me.

6. thick

thick Junior Member

Ice cream. I love that shit. Bunny tracks and mintchoc. chip our my favorites. Ever try bunny tracks? You ever try casey's pizza yet? they have taco for 9.99 this month. Best pizza you can get. I got one sat. and tues. and will probably get another this weekend

7. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

Taco pizza would be fine if they left off the stinkin fried tortillas. Id say that you should get Pap Murphy's instead, but you probably done have one down your way.

Mint choc ice cream rules! A half gallon of Edy's and Im set!

Grizz, I think B & J are only consultants for the company now. They were bought out by Unilever(some French company) 2 or 3 years ago. Hippy drug guys for sure. But they are also from Vermont, so that has a lot to do with it. The only state with more treehuggers might be neighboring New Hampshire.

8. Freddy

Freddy Junior Member

Here's something to think about, this possition I'm arguing is supported by the top strength coaches in the world. Now, we're not saying that its best to starve yourself and not sleep. Of course its not. That was never the intention. It can be done however, and it has little to do with genetic ability. Training can make up for other poor variables.

I've taken classes from one of the best nutritionists in this area. He was very familiar with my powerlifting background, and he would never argue that nutrition could make up for poor training. The fact is, no matter how much blood work you do to monitor your nitrogen balance or how meticulously you count calories, it does nothing without training. Conversely, training can make up for poor diet. Its just a one way street.

If you had the oppurtunity to be trained by the best strenth coach, or the best nutritionist, (only one or the other)...who would you choose?

I'm pretty much repeating myself at this point. I know I haven't convinced some of you...which is fine too. I hope in the process you haven't gotten too upset, as you shouldn't be. I'm certainly not.

And if you didn't find my posts abrassive, than thats good also.

9. Freddy

Freddy Junior Member

Hey, watch it. We're nothing like the fruitypoos in Vermont.

10. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

I didnt realize you were from NH, Freddy. Sorry to hear that you ARE from NH! ;) A friend of mine from school was from somewhere in your neck of the woods. Cute girl, smart, but still a treehugging NHer. A few years back I took a girl to dinner in some touristy ocean town just north of the MA border. Amazing sunset.

11. Freddy

Freddy Junior Member

Hey, we consistantly vote for hardline conservative politicians...even our Unions are voting Republican.

The area is really very pretty. Although I guess I'm only comparing it to other places in the US that I've been to...like Mass, NY, NJ, Florida, etc...so I'm probably not the best person to comment on it. I'm going to Cali with my girly at some point (probably next Xmas) so I'll get to compare it to the Westcoast I suppose.

12. thick

thick Junior Member

Caseys doesnt add that. U gotta try it. Dolfe is just plain wrong and is trying to throw extremes into the equation to take attn. off of how wrong he is. Chip, see Dolfe lmao. I bet cal. is way uglier than NH and that area. I have only been to the LA airport lol but still dont see it beating the northeast on looks. Freddy, does your gf have kids?

13. Chip Bronson

Chip Bronson Junior Member

dude she said he was older than her. freddy's like a college kid or younger... now you're really reaching.

14. Chip Bronson

Chip Bronson Junior Member

thick, i don't think dolfe is trying to cover up how wrong he is. i think dolfe likes you... :D hey dolfe, are you from maine? your girl, does she have kids? lmfao!!!

15. thick

thick Junior Member

I am not sure how honest she has been lol

16. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

Im from northern NY/Southern Adirondacks, so NH is similar in terrain and beauty. IMO its one of the prettiest areas in the country. I love the mountains, lakes and clean air. In the next few years, I think it'll be time for Jewel and I to pack up and move closer to water and mountains, maybe CO.

17. MANWHORE

MANWHORE Member

Id like to move upstate or PA,but we need to be with family right now that the baby is coming.

18. Freddy

Freddy Junior Member

Yeah, Chip's right, we're in college. No kids, please.

God I'd make a terrible father. lol.

I dunno though, Cali just might be prettier. Her parent's house is 5 minutes from the beach and everything. We'll see!

19. Bob Smith

Bob Smith Member

You have any pics of your lil hottie?

I can see Freddy as a dad..."Dammit, squat DEEPER!!"

20. Freddy

Freddy Junior Member

Upstate NY is pretty from what I've seen. Lots of land and open space too, just by virtue of being so much bigger than NH.