MESO-Rx Exclusive Ozempic and Mounjaro for bodybuilders - more than just weight loss drugs

MESO-Rx Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
@Type-IIx explains the benefits of GLP-1 and GIP agonists like Semaglutide and Tirzepatide, as true insulin sensitizing agents. how they are different from other weight loss drugs, and the benefits as partitioning agents for bodybuilders.

I'm sure you've read a lot about Ozempic, Wegovy, and Mounjaro for overweight sedentary people in the mainstream media but if you want to read about the use of these drug from a bodybuilding perspective, read on:

It does! It couples insulin secretion to glucose levels as an incretin. There is seemingly a very close nexus between GLP-1 function and altered preferences for not only hyperpalatable foods but also these drugs.

Thank you

Do you think those that were running metformin for bodybuilding purposes during bulks and cuts can stop it and just use a GLP-1?

Thank you

Do you think those that were running metformin for bodybuilding purposes during bulks and cuts can stop it and just use a GLP-1?

Metformin increases natural GLP-1 secretion, which accounts for a number of its positive effects. You could drop it or stay on. They work synergistically, with the only potential downside increased GLP-1 sides, which you'd expect from what amounts to. a higher dose of the GLP.

If it didn't make me feel kind of sick (I tried it for a few months before going to Sema), I'd use it, since it brings other health benefits to the table. I may add it back in fact...

Metformin increases natural GLP-1 secretion, which accounts for a number of its positive effects. You could drop it or stay on. They work synergistically, with the only potential downside increased GLP-1 sides, which you'd expect from what amounts to. a higher dose of the GLP.

If it didn't make me feel kind of sick (I tried it for a few months before going to Sema), I'd use it, since it brings other health benefits to the table. I may add it back in fact...

Thank you

Doesn't natural GLP-1 secretion do nothing and only lasts minutes?

In regards to sensitizing muscles to insulin do you think I can drop it as Sema/Tirz can do that just as well or do you recommend I keep it?

Also doesn't metformin lower igf/mtor..

Do GLP1's do that?

Thank you

Doesn't natural GLP-1 secretion do nothing and only lasts minutes?

In regards to sensitizing muscles to insulin do you think I can drop it as Sema/Tirz can do that just as well or do you recommend I keep it?

Also doesn't metformin lower igf/mtor..

Do GLP1's do that?

GLP-1 has a very short half life, but its secretion is continuous while there's food in the intestines. Its effects are the same as extrogenous GLP while food is still being processed. Metformin increases the amount of GLP released from this process.

The net effect is an average 3% weight loss vs the ~15% from a GLP class drug.

Like taking a GH secretagogue(ie Ipamorelin / Tesamorelin) boosting naturally produced GH, while also injecting HGH.

I'm going to defer to someone who knows more re: insulin. It's not something I've really looked into, other than it can be problematic when used at the same time as a GLP drug, while Metformin is essentially safe to be used at the same time.

Reactions: Fat
Yup! Metformin is irrational for bodybuilding for those not on AAS and/or GH:

Article: Risk vs. Reward Profile: Metformin

GLP-1 agonists combine synergistically with GH for recomp:

Article: Combined RhGH and GLP-1 Agonist: Rationales and Practical Use for Recomp (simultaneous fat loss and muscle gain)

Thanks Type-IIx

Out of curiosity have you updated your take on Tirzepatide? according to Ghoul GIP functions in fat cells to increase fat accrual but also stimulates lipolysis.

Would you avoid this compound for lean bulking as it enhances fat storage?

Back