MESO-Rx Exclusive Ozempic and Mounjaro for bodybuilders - more than just weight loss drugs

MESO-Rx Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
@Type-IIx explains the benefits of GLP-1 and GIP agonists like Semaglutide and Tirzepatide, as true insulin sensitizing agents. how they are different from other weight loss drugs, and the benefits as partitioning agents for bodybuilders.

I'm sure you've read a lot about Ozempic, Wegovy, and Mounjaro for overweight sedentary people in the mainstream media but if you want to read about the use of these drug from a bodybuilding perspective, read on:

Hey @Type-IIx , if you had to personally choose - would you choose to use semaglutide or tirzapatide?

I'm curious from a binge eating disorder standpoint as I've heard that sema can be effective for some at reducing impulsive behaviours/addictions such as alcohol, food, etc.

Thank you for all the information you provide

Hey @Type-IIx , if you had to personally choose - would you choose to use semaglutide or tirzapatide?

I'm curious from a binge eating disorder standpoint as I've heard that sema can be effective for some at reducing impulsive behaviours/addictions such as alcohol, food, etc.

Thank you for all the information you provide
For bodybuilding I’ve observed semaglutide to be slightly superior. This is because it is more (a) appetite suppressive, and (b) commercially available, particularly applicable to non-US residents in my experience.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, GIP functions in fat cells to increase fat accrual. [1].
From [1]: "In adipose tissue, GIP has been reported to (1) stimulate fatty acid synthesis, (2) enhance insulin-stimulated incorporation of fatty acids intotriglycerides, (3) increase insulin receptor number, and (4) increase sensitivity of insulin-stimulated glucose transport."

"With that in mind, the following hypothesis may be proposed: individuals with a condition of increased GIP responsiveness may be more prone to obesity and hyperinsulinemia. Increased GIP responsiveness may manifest itself in the form of either increased affinity for GIP by GIP receptors, increased GIP receptor number, or increased synthesis and secretion of GIP following normal meal stimulation. The increased GIP responsiveness would likely increase insulin release resulting in greater and prolonged hyperinsulinemia. To compound this abnormality, GIP can also increase the affinity of the insulin receptor for insulin as well as increase the insulin-like effects in fat cells, all of which may serve to increase efftciency in the accumulation of triglycerides in fat cells. Thus, anecdotal accounts of individuals accumulating fat tissue mass at greater rates under normal meal conditions maybe a consequence of increased GIP responsiveness. Such individuals have greater efficiency in fat storage as a result of increased GIP and insulin responses when compared with normal persons." [1].

See also, the following Diagram from [2]:

References
[1] Yip RG, Wolfe MM. GIP biology and fat metabolism. Life Sci. 2000;66(2):91-103. doi:10.1016/s0024-3205(99)00314-8
[2] Kaneko S. Tirzepatide: A Novel, Once-weekly Dual GIP and GLP-1 Receptor Agonist for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes. touchREV Endocrinol. 2022 Jun;18(1):10-19. doi: 10.17925/EE.2022.18.1.10. Epub 2022 Jun 16. PMID: 35949358; PMCID: PMC9354517.

Sponsors