PurplePandaLabs Raw source

You need a skeleton calking gun not one like the one pictured. Exactly like pictured if you can find it. Also works better with 60 mL Excel as opposed to others. The finger flanges bend less and are bigger.
Pro tip put a syringe filter on your vent needle.

Furthermore Homebrewers - if I were y'all - I would heat sterilize and depyrogenate my beakers covered with foil then insert all ingredients by just lifting but not removing the foil after its sterilized and keep that foil on but vented while heating. This cover serves this very important purpose:
It keeps whatever is in air from falling into your gear. This can include bacteria and any Endo or exo toxins released from such bacteria which will 100% filter through. On exotoxins: 250 F for 15 minutes destroys them in solution.
Furthermore- pollutants, allergens in air that have low enough melting points can filter through in solution. So if you don't have a hood- since you are just homebrewing- always keep your sterilized and depyrogenated beakers covered through the whole process. Air is your enemy. In overkill I heat sterilize and depyrogenate at 450 F for 4 hrs but 3 is more than good. Pyrogens are any fever causing agent and Endotoxins are and will. Even if bacteria is filtered out. Thats why it's important no bacteria falls into solution - hence cover.
Hence .2 micron syringe filter on vent needle to keep minor airflow filtered.

Oh and one more: moisture follows heat so once you remove beaker from heat sit it next to higher heat so moisture will sweat outside the beaker towards the heat and the heat will evaporate it.a s temp in beaker goes down lower heat next to it but always keep heat next to beaker higher than temp inside beaker.

You're welcome if you didn't know or consider any of this.

Also when washing glassware it's important to rinse with distilled water lastly as it has far less pollutants and endotoxins even though the 450 F for 3 hrs will overkill to deactivate endotoxins.
Faucet water can contain iron and heavy metals and all kinds of shit.

Air Is Your Gears Enemy!
View attachment 86891 View attachment 86892
Ya know, syringe filtering right into sterile sealed vial avoids all this. If your new to home brewing I wouldn't suggest going this route. To risky. I don't even like doing it but I've managed to master it.
The caulking gun and syringe filter is the best.

Ya know, syringe filtering right into sterile sealed vial avoids all this. If your new to home brewing I wouldn't suggest going this route. To risky. I don't even like doing it but I've managed to master it.
It’s slow but yeah you’re going from sterile to sterile. Then with the BA you should be gtg!
And you can’t beat the price.

So on my secure email that I have only used to communicate with PPL and another domestic UGL I got a spam from "steroid brewing calculator".

I saw something briefly about this when I was trying to catch up with the thread, also saw that the rep is pretty much gone, so did PPL sell its customers email addresses?

So on my secure email that I have only used to communicate with PPL and another domestic UGL I got a spam from "steroid brewing calculator".

I saw something briefly about this when I was trying to catch up with the thread, also saw that the rep is pretty much gone, so did PPL sell its customers email addresses?
Panda supposedly owns that website. But wanted to keep it separate from the main website.

He thought it was okay to spam his customers. Pissed off a lot of people.

Also, the rep said they would get a ton of questions about homebrewing and recipes. And the customer service girls weren't qualified to answer, so he created the site to post and share recipes. Plus the recipe calculator.

It's a pretty good idea, it was just executed really poorly.

Also, the rep said they would get a ton of questions about homebrewing and recipes. And the customer service girls weren't qualified to answer, so he created the site to post and share recipes. Plus the recipe calculator.

It's a pretty good idea, it was just executed really poorly.

It seems sketchy as fuck tbh. I guess not all customers are on meso but I would probably get brewing advice here before anywhere else.

It seems sketchy as fuck tbh. I guess not all customers are on meso but I would probably get brewing advice here before anywhere else.

Panda broke his own private policy agreement in doing this.

If he did it once he will do it again. He thought no one would figure out, so I wouldn’t put it past him to sell peoples email accounts or other dubious activities.

This is why not a single one, not one lab is your bro,buddy,friend... You are just a transaction to them. All you guys that cozy up to these dam labs. All their fuck ups

@Ripped

I can only speak for myself, and I'm not sure how this sort of thing has been handled in the past, but I considered you a good member. I think you worked hard at the rep position and have done a good job at walking both paths: company man and concerned member. Personally, I would welcome you back as a standard member if you decided to leave PPL. Your actions clearly showed care for your fellow Meso member as an acting rep. That speaks volumes to me and I have a hard time casting someone like you aside because of another man's actions.

I may be standing on my own personal island with that statement but it's how I feel and I'll stand behind it.

@Ripped

I can only speak for myself, and I'm not sure how this sort of thing has been handled in the past, but I considered you a good member. I think you worked hard at the rep position and have done a good job at walking both paths: company man and concerned member. Personally, I would welcome you back as a standard member if you decided to leave PPL. Your actions clearly showed care for your fellow Meso member as an acting rep. That speaks volumes to me and I have a hard time casting someone like you aside because of another man's actions.

I may be standing on my own personal island with that statement but it's how I feel and I'll stand behind it.
Same here. Before the rep job you were pretty cool with me about my log and stuff. Plus pretty helpful as a rep. Come back over to the cool kids side buddy.

@Ripped

I'd be fine with that as well. He's an extremely knowledgeable guy.

Either way PPL rep goes, I know he has our best interests at heart and trust HE will act accordingly. The boss has some fixing to do though.

Now I have to go shovel. We have about a foot already and the forecast shows another 10 hours or so left. FML

@Ripped

I do agree with this. And I respect his decision either way. He has helped me numerous times with PPL. Theres a part of me that hopes he stays as a rep because he is the reason PPL is alive on here. And its good to have someone as helpful as him as a rep on our side. Even though most people say switching to a rep is going to the dark side, hes doing this for us. I know he would side with us over PPL any day.