Qingdao Sigma Chemical Co., Ltd (International, US, EU, Canada and Australia domestic

1. PTFE
    Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membranes are chemically resistant to nearly all solvents, acids and bases. The membrane has low extractables and good thermal stability. PTFE is hydrophobic and requires pre-wetting prior to use with aqueous solvents.
    Membrane: HPLC certified PTFE, with polypropylene support
    Use with: Aggressive solvents, strong acids, alcohols, bases, aromatics
    Don’t use with: Aqueous samples without pre-wetting (causes high back-pressure)
    Sterilization: Syringe filters can be sterilized by autoclave 121°C at for 15 minutes.
    Applications: Filtration of aggressive organic or highly basic solutions, transducer protectors.
  2. PVDF
    Polyvinylidene difluoride is a hydrophilic membrane that is suitable for most general biological sample filtration. It has a broad chemical compatibility and is a low protein binder and so a good choice where high protein recovery is required.
    Membrane: HPLC-certified PVDF
    Use with: Alcohols, weak acids, proteins, peptides and other bio-molecules
    Don’t use with: Some strong acids, bases, esters, ethers or ketones.
    Sterilization: Syringe filters can be sterilized by autoclave at 125°C for 15 minutes.
    Applications: General biological filtration, filtration of samples for high protein recovery.
Pic of the filters I use
Thx for the info. So you prefer PTFE over PDVF?

Just make sure it's the right kind of material used for the filter, it HAS to be the PVDF filter. Otherwise the BB/BA in the gear will dissolve some of the filter membrane and you will potentially be injecting weird plastic polyvinyl shit without knowing it.

I haven't been able to find any filters I would trust on Amazon that's why I just pay a little extra to get the whatman name brand filters.
@connoristiny

When it comes to sterility of your gear and injecting it into your body it's worthwhile to spend a couple of extra bucks to make sure you have the appropriate materials.
thanks for the heads up how long does one whatman filter last typically?

1. PTFE
    Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membranes are chemically resistant to nearly all solvents, acids and bases. The membrane has low extractables and good thermal stability. PTFE is hydrophobic and requires pre-wetting prior to use with aqueous solvents.
    Membrane: HPLC certified PTFE, with polypropylene support
    Use with: Aggressive solvents, strong acids, alcohols, bases, aromatics
    Don’t use with: Aqueous samples without pre-wetting (causes high back-pressure)
    Sterilization: Syringe filters can be sterilized by autoclave 121°C at for 15 minutes.
    Applications: Filtration of aggressive organic or highly basic solutions, transducer protectors.
  2. PVDF
    Polyvinylidene difluoride is a hydrophilic membrane that is suitable for most general biological sample filtration. It has a broad chemical compatibility and is a low protein binder and so a good choice where high protein recovery is required.
    Membrane: HPLC-certified PVDF
    Use with: Alcohols, weak acids, proteins, peptides and other bio-molecules
    Don’t use with: Some strong acids, bases, esters, ethers or ketones.
    Sterilization: Syringe filters can be sterilized by autoclave at 125°C for 15 minutes.
    Applications: General biological filtration, filtration of samples for high protein recovery.
Pic of the filters I use
Fuck using syringe filters takes way too long,bottle top filters and a hand pump for less then $70 you can filter 1000ml in less then five minutes.

Good call @Jurgen I knew there was one other filter type that was good thank you for posting that.

You can easily filter 10 vials of 10mL with 1 filter, some people do alot more like 500mL, they sometimes break if you get a cheap version or push too hard.

It's a total pain in the ass, and if your doing anything above the minimum amount of homebrew @warlordishere has the right idea for sure.

Fuck using syringe filters takes way too long,bottle top filters and a hand pump for less then $70 you can filter 1000ml in less then five minutes.
Good call @Jurgen I knew there was one other filter type that was good thank you for posting that.

You can easily filter 10 vials of 10mL with 1 filter, some people do alot more like 500mL, they sometimes break if you get a cheap version or push too hard.

It's a total pain in the ass, and if your doing anything above the minimum amount of homebrew @warlordishere has the right idea for sure.
really it takes forever to filter it? how long does it take with the whatman syringe filter?

everything is 1 time use unless autoclavable and can re sterilize. just use syringe filter if doing 1 vial and already pre filtered.

better yet make a still air box spray down with alcohol, buy pre sterilized stopped and just change stoppers could be an option if u cant sort out the rubber issue by changing needles. or just use those quick filler units prob be easiest and cleanest way..

Fuck using syringe filters takes way too long,bottle top filters and a hand pump for less than $70 you can filter 1000ml in less than five minutes.
I only filter if I get a floater or if there’s some stopper in the vial with a lot left in it. If I was brewing or filtering a lot then I would probably invest in that. But I’ve maybe filtered a total of like 4 vials in the last 2 years lol.

I only filter if I get a floater or if there’s some stopper in the vial with a lot left in it. If I was brewing or filtering a lot then I would probably invest in that. But I’ve maybe filtered a total of like 4 vials in the last 2 years lol.
I understand completely especially since premade gear is so fucking cheap from qsc but I prefer making my own gear since I can control the the mg/ml using solvents and oils I like.

no cap my damn bold cyp literally crashed in my freakin syringe during the injection. how tf am I supposed to use this crap?
Unless you live in an igloo and its -10 degrees in your house you just didn’t heat it up enough or didn’t heat evenly
Do you live somewhere cold or are you storing it in the fridge or something dumb?
They crash when they get cold
My DHB is always crashed in the winter and I have to heat the vial before every injection but I do that with DHB anyway year round crashed or not.
If you heated it and it crashes in the syringe then you didn’t heat it enough or your doing your injections in a meat freezer
It’s not that complicated