Qingdao Sigma Chemical Co., Ltd (International, US, EU, Canada and Australia domestic

It's best if you let us know all the available information, such as counterions (salts) present.

The result, though, is still valid. In 1 gram of your raw powder there is exactly that % of active molecule. Not a bad result at all.

Cheers
The problem I see is that it looks like one can order salbutamol with 99% purity, from most places. Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

There are frequently high amounts of impurities in salbutamol. Look at this paper:

The present work focused on salbutamol sulfate and five specified related impurities, namely impurity B ((1RS)-2-[1,1-dimethylethyl(amino)]-1-(4-hydroxyphenyl)ethanol), impurity D (5-[(1RS)-2-[1,1-dimethylethyl(amino)]-1-hydroxyethyl]-2hydroxybenzaldéhyde), impurity F (1,1′-[oxybis[methylene(4-hydroxy-1,3-phenylene)]]bis[2-[(1,1-dimethylethyl)amino]ethanol]), impurity G (2-[benzyl-(1,1-dimethylethyl)amino]-1-[4-hydroxy-3-(hydroxymethyl)phenyl]ethanone) and impurity I ((1RS)-2-[1,1-dimethylethyl(amino)]-1-(3-hydroxymethyl)-4-[benzyloxyphenylethanol). The chemical structures are available in Supplementary data.

How this affects the purity ? Should I have maybe inquired testing for sulfate salbutamol to be more specific and get a better result?

@janoshik
@Qingdao Sigma Chemicals -- I am glad you asked this specifically, I had the same question. Janoshik's answer was good, but I didn't 100% fully understand whether it was a "yes" or a "no" if it affects purity %. So I did some math myself:

Your test came out to 84.87% pure.
Salbutamol - 239.315 g/mol
Salbutamol Sulfate - 337.39 g/mol
Sulfate: 96.06 g/mol book value in isolation, 98.075 g/mol as combined with Salbutamol?

If it was artificially low because it didn't account for sulfate, then it would have captured 0.003546 moles of salbutamol per gram of sample ((0.8487 g salbutamol / 1 g sample) / 239.315 g/mol Salbutamol).
If this "0.003546 moles of salbutamol" was actually "0.003546 moles of salbutamol sulfate" then the active ingredient in 1 g of sample would weigh an extra 0.3478 grams (0.003546 moles * 98.075 g/mol Sulfate). This is *not possible* because then "1 gram of sample" would contain 1.196 grams of salbutamol sulfate -- obviously non-sensical.

So it looks like Janoshik definitely already correctly assumed some sort of counterion -- and while it didn't necessarily have to be sulfate, I cannot imagine what else anyone would ever assume for salbutamol.

But you shared it so much appreciated. $120 is a small price to pay for piece of mind.
lol
I have financial gain involved. maybe 5% of it will be for me if even that high.

Don't take me as a saint, Dont wanna ruin my Rep

Im Cool Leave Me Alone GIF

I hope you guys are enjoying the new lab tests we are posting on regular basis.
We are probably the first ones to test some products in Meso, never seen some testing on many peptides and raws that we tried.

We hope that you can suggest to us all the items that you think can be interesting to see some testing on them and we will be glad to put them on our list of planned lab tests.

Attached our price list

I hope you guys are enjoying the new lab tests we are posting on regular basis.
We are probably the first ones to test some products in Meso, never seen some testing on many peptides and raws that we tried.

We hope that you can suggest to us all the items that you think can be interesting to see some testing on them and we will be glad to put them on our list of planned lab tests.

Attached our price list
Your efforts are massively appreciated. It's not ONLY that you're the only outfit offering most of these, and the only outfit TESTING most of these...it's also that you care about the tests and have been going back to your suppliers and asking "Why were these tests bad?" and going back to the tester (Jano) and asking "What contributed to these bad results?".

Really, thank you so much for setting the bar higher.

Back