• ATTENTION New Members: Please take a few moments to introduce yourself, show your commitment to harm reduction, and chat with the community in the "New Member Introduction" subforum. This will help unlock access to additional forum features and privileges.

Should I be losing weight...time for the darkside?

Rigger622

Hello all just throwing this out there to see if I can learn some more info:

Current stats:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 236lbs (Morning weight)
Workout: 5 day split per week with 6th day cardio
Calorie intake: 3314, Protein 40%, Fat 20%, Carbs 40% (clean foods)
BF: 15%

I have an issue losing weight and looking for some advice. Quick history I have worked hard labor all my life always been around the 210-230lb range through my 20's. Have always went to the gym and lifted off and on (workout 6 months, stop for 6 months..etc). Now that I have moved up the ladder at work the past 6 years there is no physical activity. I ballooned up to 270lbs and went on a 2200 calorie diet for a year and hit the gym for over a year now. Once I hit 225lbs(6 months ago) I increased my calories and went on a nutrition plan now I am at 236lbs and holding steady. I have even done 3 months of crossfit in the past 6 months at the above calorie intake and no change in weight I hold steady.

So at 6'0" at 236lbs and 15% bodyfat what do I do. I like my size and everyone around me says it looks good on me, no one thinks I am overweight by looks. If I blast where do I go if I put on 10lbs will it be mostly muscle and be noticeable as such? Also my Testosterone levels are low 210ng/dl. I see the doctor end of August and I will be going on TRT with his approval or not and plan my first cycle of TEST E 500/week after appt and cruise. Low testosterone maybe effecting my weight and overall look? Thanks for any comments/advice.

Lower your calories.

Seriously? 6 months at then same calorie intake and you can't figure out why you're not losing weight.

With advice by a personal trainer and based on my workout and calories set at what they are that my weight should be dropping..., even with the increase by adding crossfit 3 times a week it did not change. We had even cut back a few portions of the diet (~200 calories shaved off) and nothing changed. Sure I could drop another 1000 calories but isnt that going to be proactive of putting on some bulk/muscle. I am not saying I want to lose weight just looking for some comments/advice if ppl would reccomend thats the way I should go or fine to keep going the way I am seeing my future considerations of TRT/first cycle and such. @JackSmooth Seriously....I think you misread my intent of this thread but thats ok I forgive you.

Ok let me get this straight. Your first post comes off as trying to lose weight. Your second one you're trying to put on muscle. Are you looking to put on muscle while losing fat?

As for your test levels, they are low. Does that effect any other aspect of your life such as libido and energy?

Hello all just throwing this out there to see if I can learn some more info:

Current stats:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 236lbs (Morning weight)
Workout: 5 day split per week with 6th day cardio
Calorie intake: 3314, Protein 40%, Fat 20%, Carbs 40% (clean foods)
BF: 15%

I have an issue losing weight and looking for some advice. Quick history I have worked hard labor all my life always been around the 210-230lb range through my 20's. Have always went to the gym and lifted off and on (workout 6 months, stop for 6 months..etc). Now that I have moved up the ladder at work the past 6 years there is no physical activity. I ballooned up to 270lbs and went on a 2200 calorie diet for a year and hit the gym for over a year now. Once I hit 225lbs(6 months ago) I increased my calories and went on a nutrition plan now I am at 236lbs and holding steady. I have even done 3 months of crossfit in the past 6 months at the above calorie intake and no change in weight I hold steady.

So at 6'0" at 236lbs and 15% bodyfat what do I do. I like my size and everyone around me says it looks good on me, no one thinks I am overweight by looks. If I blast where do I go if I put on 10lbs will it be mostly muscle and be noticeable as such? Also my Testosterone levels are low 210ng/dl. I see the doctor end of August and I will be going on TRT with his approval or not and plan my first cycle of TEST E 500/week after appt and cruise. Low testosterone maybe effecting my weight and overall look? Thanks for any comments/advice.
So you went from 215lbs to 270lb. Then added a 1000 calories a day and dropped down to 236lbs. Now your wondering if you add on 10lbs more, will it be all muscle.
What the fuck man? How do expect us to know if you add 10lbs that it will be all muscle? Are you blasting and cruising or running pct's? I'm guessing your just on one continuous blast. Since you haven't mentioned any pct or trt dose of test. This's is all very confusing! My guess is when it's said and done you will only get fat again. But who knows? Oh and crossfit is gay as fuck!
Sorry...

So you went from 215lbs to 270lb. Then added a 1000 calories a day and dropped down to 236lbs. Now your wondering if you add on 10lbs more, will it be all muscle.
What the fuck man? How do expect us to know if you add 10lbs that it will be all muscle? Are you blasting and cruising or running pct's? I'm guessing your just on one continuous blast. Since you haven't mentioned any pct or trt dose of test. This's is all very confusing! My guess is when it's said and done you will only get fat again. But who knows? Oh and crossfit is gay as fuck!
Sorry...
He has never cycled and is not on trt as of now. I'm having a hard time understanding his post also I feel there is a lot of irrelevant information cluttering the question he's asking.

Oh I read it too fast. My bad...
Still confusing as fuck!
No fucking way he's 6' 236 at 15% bf
Sorry not trying to be a dick..

Ok let me get this straight. Your first post comes off as trying to lose weight. Your second one you're trying to put on muscle. Are you looking to put on muscle while losing fat?

As for your test levels, they are low. Does that effect any other aspect of your life such as libido and energy?

Probably could have put this in a better forum then bodybulding..my apologizes. Just to clarify for anyone else as well sorry if the title mislead: It is not TRYING to lose weight it is SHOULD I lose weight before I blast pretty much. My issues with weight loss was just some info. I thought it might help with understanding my current stats, as it doesn't make sense when doing the numbers.

1st paragraph = brief history
2nd paragraph = questions I have

@JackSmooth apologize for any confusion, I am not a kid posting the obvious sometimes my wording is off or not what I mean. I want to put on muscle while gaining a minimal amount of fat and seem to have hit a plateau. I am to the understanding that with low test is the reason I might have as much fat as I do and have a harder time putting on muscle. Yes my energy level is definitely on the low side and libido is definitely effected. I can go a month without sawing off a piece from the wife and not worry about it.

Probably could have put this in a better forum then bodybulding..my apologizes. Just to clarify for anyone else as well sorry if the title mislead: It is not TRYING to lose weight it is SHOULD I lose weight before I blast pretty much. My issues with weight loss was just some info. I thought it might help with understanding my current stats, as it doesn't make sense when doing the numbers.

1st paragraph = brief history
2nd paragraph = questions I have

@JackSmooth apologize for any confusion, I am not a kid posting the obvious sometimes my wording is off or not what I mean. I want to put on muscle while gaining a minimal amount of fat and seem to have hit a plateau. I am to the understanding that with low test is the reason I might have as much fat as I do and have a harder time putting on muscle. Yes my energy level is definitely on the low side and libido is definitely effected. I can go a month without sawing off a piece from the wife and not worry about it.
Trt is in your future then. As for weight loss I think you should try and drop 2-3% more on your body fat reason being, once you start trt or your first cycle you'll be able to really showcase that muscle you've put on instead of having it blurred by the extra fat on your frame. If you have a decent doc there should be no questions about getting you on trt, especially with it effecting your wellness of life.

Oh I read it too fast. My bad...
Still confusing as fuck!
No fucking way he's 6' 236 at 15% bf
Sorry not trying to be a dick..

Dude I would agree with you also, this was taken by my personal trainer and she is top notch. She does the measurements by hand. One of her competitors got it done with computer and compared to what she had was off under 1%. Maybe she was out to lunch only time I ever had it done was with her, we started at 26% and last measurement was 15%. Even she doesnt get what is going on with me. She is the one who got me to go get tested for test level.

@Morefyah and I agree crossfit is gay as fuck haha. I never tried it before and thought it would be a good way to shed some pounds. Never helped and I hated every minute of it, definitely something I wouldn't go back too.

@Morefyah and I agree crossfit is gay as fuck haha. I never tried it before and thought it would be a good way to shed some pounds. Never helped and I hated every minute of it, definitely something I wouldn't go back too.
Tried it once, felt like an idiot, was surrounded by idiots, and was back at the gym doing real workouts the next day lol

He has never cycled and is not on trt as of now. I'm having a hard time understanding his post also I feel there is a lot of irrelevant info

FYI for future posts I will get right to the point if any info is needed by members giving advice Im sure they will ask. This will eliminate any Irrelevant info., apologize again for the shitty/confusing post was not my intent

I'm going to take a different tact...You are 39, your Testosterone is on the decline. You have also worked hard to move your bodyweight down without exogenous Test. Do I think you should get on Test? Yes I do.

My personal advice for you would be this:

1) Get on TrT with the aim to TrT for life.

2) Use just TrT to slim down further. Yes slim down past 10% first. Just TrT levels will make a massive difference.

3) Then once you are very lean, think about an actual cycle where you blast with the aim to gain 10lbs of muscle.