Sleep aids - Trensomina

I'm trying to lay off the Benadryl myself. Zopiclone, promethazine, trazadone all on the way. Hopefully I can cycle these on and off for my tren addiction
There seems to be significant fear surrounding the use of Trazodone among some folks, but in looking over info and medical literature on the drug it's safety profile seems pretty solid unless I am missing something. While any new drug a person introduces should be approached with caution, I am not sure the fear is entirely warranted.

If I recall correctly, @Ateam2023 has been taking it for like a decade with no ill effect and more holistically in the United States there are 27 million active prescriptions for it.

I am now on day 3 since coming back on cycle and to be honest the Trazodone is not touching the Trensomnia. Like not at all, which sucks.

Tried 50 mg night one, no effect. Then 100 the next might. Same, no dice. I am traveling for work today as I have a conference to attend mon and Tuesday so it will be hotel beds, Trensomnia and a drug that does not appear to work for me.

I guess I go for 150 mg tonight?

As mentioned above I have a harder pure hypnotic' on the way but it will be awhile before it arrives. When I get back home I could approach my actual PCP and bitch for benzodiazepines. I guess.

Sleep wise, I am right back where I was for my last cycle of Tren essentially.

I am now on day 3 since coming back on cycle and to be honest the Trazodone is not touching the Trensomnia. Like not at all, which sucks.

Tried 50 mg night one, no effect. Then 100 the next might. Same, no dice. I am traveling for work today as I have a conference to attend mon and Tuesday so it will be hotel beds, Trensomnia and a drug that does not appear to work for me.

As mentioned above I have a harder pure hypnotic' on the way but it will be awhile before it arrives. When I get back home I could approach my actual PCP and bitch for benzodiazepines. I guess.

Sleep wise, I am right back where I was for my last cycle of Tren essentially.
This is my least favorite thing about tren. Very tough to actually manage trensomnia without something a little "harder." My favorite long term sleep aid is 300mg of gabapentin because I feel it is a good balance between effectiveness and risk.

On tren, I'll need to bump that up a bit. Will generally take a couple or several 300mg caps spread out about 30ish min apart leading up to bed with greek yogurt and blueberries and honey. They are more effective with food and the carbs help put me to sleep.

A beta blocker could help counter the CNS stimulating effects of tren

Beta Blockers are used to reduce aggression and violence in psychiatric patients. I had not idea. Looks like the "non-selective" type, the opposite of what you'd choose for HHR, are better for this purpose.

Beta Blockers are used to reduce aggression and violence in psychiatric patients. I had not idea. Looks like the "non-selective" type, the opposite of what you'd choose for HHR, are better for this purpose.

They can also be used to treat high blood pressure and lower adrenaline responses (such as with presentations)

It's interesting that's your first thought of application though

They can also be used to treat high blood pressure and lower adrenaline responses (such as with presentations)

It's interesting that's your first thought of application though

This was my first thought, where OP wanted to exclusively slow heart rate with minimal blood pressure reduction from vasodilation. Now I see an application for the 180° opposite, a maximum non-selective blocker, that relaxes everything involved in the fight response:

It just sucks as I was so convinced the trazodone would work. It sure as hell did on my test dose when I was ‘sober’ from Tren

When you eventually find what works to solve a problem like this though, it's like cracking the code to the controls of your biology.

Now I see an application for the 180° opposite, a maximum non-selective blocker, that relaxes everything involved in the fight response:

That reminds me. I've been meaning to get a beta blocker for competitive shooting. Specifically, I think propanolol is most commonly used.

That reminds me. I've been meaning to get a beta blocker for competitive shooting. Specifically, I think propanolol is most commonly used.

Was about to make a joke about beta-blocker as PED, then saw this:

Break some new ground. If you have even a little BP, perhaps you can handle the blood pressure drop that accompanies the beta-blockers that also block adreno receptors too...carvadilol and labetelol. Perhaps they're not used because of the vasodilation making guys with normal BP too tired, but in theory they should be better at calming.

"ultra non selective". The ultimate calm,

Last edited:
I am traveling for work today as I have a conference to attend mon and Tuesday so it will be hotel beds, Trensomnia and a drug that does not appear to work for me.

I sleep like a baby at hotels which is weird because I usually prefer to stick to my bedtime routine. More comfortable bedding, pristine temperature control, absolute darkness and silence? I don't know. Some of those things I can't control at home.

My bias is because it took years for me to learn good sleep hygiene and do it regularly. And sleep drugs are shit.

I sleep like a baby at hotels which is weird because I usually prefer to stick to my bedtime routine. More comfortable bedding, pristine temperature control, absolute darkness and silence? I don't know. Some of those things I can't control at home.

My bias is because it took years for me to learn good sleep hygiene and do it regularly. And sleep drugs are shit.

I love sleeping in hotels too. I'd think it's because I'm surrounded by "Not my problem." in that environment. I average 150+ nights a year.

Break some new ground. If you have even a little BP, perhaps you can handle the blood pressure drop that accompanies the beta-blockers that also block adreno receptors too...carvadilol and labetelol. Perhaps they're not used because of the vasodilation making guys with normal BP too tired, but in theory they should be better at calming.

Yeah, my BP is good and I'd be afraid to fall on my face with a loaded pistol in my hand.

It's now 10 local time (mountain time, where I am now) which is past my bed time. I bumped up to 200 mg on the trazodone, and I have some OTC sleep aid pills which contain Diphenhydramine. So we shall see how this goes.

I have to give a fucking presentation at 9AM tomorrow, so hopefully I can manage some sleep.

Such a bitch. Tren has such unmatched strength gains. If only I could solve this issue I could be super human on cycle.

It's now 10 local time (mountain time, where I am now) which is past my bed time. I bumped up to 200 mg on the trazodone, and I have some OTC sleep aid pills which contain Diphenhydramine. So we shall see how this goes.

I have to give a fucking presentation at 9AM tomorrow, so hopefully I can manage some sleep.

Such a bitch. Tren has such unmatched strength gains. If only I could solve this issue I could be super human on cycle.
Sorry to hear that bro. I hope you’re asleep now.

May I recommend you have some modafinil / armodafinil on hand for mornings you don’t sleep well and need to perform at a high level?

Also, perhaps frowned up, but for situations like this I’d it would be possible to get a heavy hitter when you really do need sleep, that could put you at ease.

Sleep anxiety is a real thing, but the right benzo or hypnotic with bust right through your trensomnia.

Benzo has the added benefit of making you more chill fit your presentation tomorrow if you took it tonight, but you wouldn’t be too impacted by it the next day.

Certainly not a long term solution, but to be reserved for special needs.

EDIT: and here I am wide awake. 5 hours after falling asleep. I could lay here for 30 minutes and maybe doze off another hour? Or, I could just get up and start getting my shit done.

I’m probably gonna just get up. I can always take a nap mid day, which is when I typically get hit with a slump.

I’ve often wondered about biphasic sleep. My whole life I’ve struggled to stay asleep past getting ~5 to 6 hours. Only thing that makes me do that is benzos, hypnotics, or THC. None of which I have interest in taking habitually. THC totally trashes my sleep quality (REM).

I’m not even on tren. Since I picked up my phone and started posting - it’s game over. I’m awake.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that bro. I hope you’re asleep now.

May I recommend you have some modafinil / armodafinil on hand for mornings you don’t sleep well and need to perform at a high level?

Also, perhaps frowned up, but for situations like this I’d it would be possible to get a heavy hitter when you really do need sleep, that could put you at ease.

Sleep anxiety is a real thing, but the right benzo or hypnotic with bust right through your trensomnia.

Benzo has the added benefit of making you more chill fit your presentation tomorrow if you took it tonight, but you wouldn’t be too impacted by it the next day.

Certainly not a long term solution, but to be reserved for special needs.

EDIT: and here I am wide awake. 5 hours after falling asleep. I could lay here for 30 minutes and maybe doze off another hour? Or, I could just get up and start getting my shit done.

I’m probably gonna just get up. I can always take a nap mid day, which is when I typically get hit with a slump.

I’ve often wondered about biphasic sleep. My whole life I’ve struggled to stay asleep past getting ~5 to 6 hours. Only thing that makes me do that is benzos, hypnotics, or THC. None of which I have interest in taking habitually. THC totally trashes my sleep quality (REM).

I’m not even on tren. Since I picked up my phone and started posting - it’s game over. I’m awake.
I just woke up for my alarm so I can begin prepping my presentation deck and I am happy to report that last nights protocol was finally enough to cut through the Tren. So 200 mg of Trazodone along with a couple of OTC sleep aid pills. It took awhile to hit me, but once it did i was out.

This makes sense when you think about it because on my test dose off cycle it worked, so it stood to reason it still would on Tren. It just took 4 times the starting dose to achieve the same effect.

I am still going to keep exploring additional options so I can have more tools in toolbox, but at least for now I was able to pierce Tren's armor.

Back