Trump Timeline ... Trumpocalypse

I would like the remind to both side of the arguement, all of you made the argument about the individual. Calling names and trying to antagonize each other for a ride. I guess non of you really worry about the real issues and have a productive discussion. You are not getting anywhere but down. I believe we actually had something To talk about before the attacks took the place of discussion. Let's try to stay focus my men. This discussion is necessary for our county but should be on a high standard.
I stopped responding because 10 pounds left has nothing positive to put in anymore. Paul and trucker and Samsc
All you have shown intelligence why walk away from it now. This discussion is not easy let's keep it real about the issues. This discussion is healthy if we don't give in to hate
You pretty much summed it, it is not that difficult, anyone can go back and read all the posts and exactly when he had his meltdown. Did he ever explain his username or why he went into a blind rage when I referred to the Alt-Right by their true name KKK. Everything else after that is rambling, deflection, projection and attacking everyone. Complete nonsense.

Sure why don't we just paint the whole race with the same brush while we're at it ! Lol :rolleyes:

True and very good point. But something has to be done. Same as illegal immigration. There are going to be growing pains while changes are made.

Last edited:
Change? Are you kidding me! What you call change I call repression !

Well, I can see your point, but the idea that we need more national security where there has been little control is not repressive. Good news for you though. You're not from repressive United States

And here goes Europe as expected, the very people that experienced first-hand what a demagogue, megalomaniac can do to the world. It won't be long and I agree with Big_Paul there is no way he is going to complete the first term.

"Hollande: Trump administration is 'encouraging extremism'

French president calls on European countries to stand ‘stand together’ at meeting of leaders in Lisbon"

Hollande: Trump administration is 'encouraging extremism'

Well, I can see your point, but the idea that we need more national security where there has been little control is not repressive. Good news for you though. You're not from repressive United States
Bro I'm all for "North America" having tighter security don't get me wrong. But at what cost? Looks like Trump is bending the Charter of rights imo...slippery slope!

On another note, have you heard anything lately about his promise for term limits and lobbying restrictions? I imagine that is one promise that won't see the light of day.
Trump just signed an executive order on lobbying. Would you consider this to be positive considering you said it wouldn't see the light of day?

Bro I'm all for "North America" having tighter security don't get me wrong. But at what cost? Looks like Trump is bending the Charter of rights imo...slippery slope!
I can agree that's probably true. That said, hopefully it's just a temporary situation until his worries are satisfied and he gets a few controls in place.

The alt-right’s dark twisted fantasy
TheMoneyIllusion » The alt-right’s dark twisted fantasy

During the Cold War, the far left would sometimes claim that the problem was caused by the West, which somehow provoked Stalin into his aggressive actions. Today the left has mostly risen above all that nonsense, but a similar fantasy is increasing peddled by the far right. In this view, the US provoked Putin by expanding NATO into Eastern Europe.

Here’s what actually happened:

When Mr Putin became president in 2000, he showed no overt hostility towards America or the West, despite a recent NATO bombing raid on Belgrade without a UN resolution that had triggered a shrill anti-American response. In his first interview with Britain’s BBC, Mr Putin said: “I cannot imagine my own country in isolation from Europe, so it is hard for me to visualise NATO as an enemy.” Russia, he said, might become a member of NATO if it were treated as an equal partner. Even when the three Baltic states joined NATO in spring 2004, Mr Putin insisted that relations with the defence organisation were “developing positively” and he had “no concerns about the expansion of NATO”.

The breaking-point in Mr Putin’s relationship with the West came towards the end of that year when several seemingly unrelated events coincided. The first was a terrorist attack on a school in Beslan, in the north Causasus, in which 1,200 people, mostly children, were taken hostage. After Russia’s special forces stormed the school, leaving 333 people dead, Mr Putin accused the West of trying to undermine Russia. He cancelled regional elections and handed more powers to the security services.​

The press in America focuses on Putin’s murderous foreign policies, or the lies about shooting down a Malaysian airliner. But these policies reflect a deeper problem in Russia, a lack of liberalism, aka utilitarianism. This happened today:

Russia’s parliament voted overwhelmingly on Friday to decriminalise domestic violence, a move the Kremlin claims will help support families but critics say will only worsen the problem.

Members of the lower house of parliament voted 380-3 in favour of the bill’s third reading after senior officials spoke in favour of the measure. The bill is expected to be approved by the rubber-stamp upper house before President Vladimir Putin signs it.

Vyacheslav Volodin, who became parliament speaker last year after five years running the Kremlin’s domestic policy, said earlier this week that the measure would strengthen the conservative social values promoted by the government.​

The same sort of pattern occurs in the Russian drug war:

In most of the world the threat of HIV/AIDS has receded. The exceptions are eastern Europe and Central Asia. In Russia, which accounts for more than 80% of new infections in the region, 51,000 people were diagnosed in the first five months of this year. In January registered HIV cases there topped one million. Vadim Pokrovsky of Russia’s Federal AIDS Centre reckons the true figure may be 1.4m-1.5m, about 1% of the population; he warns there could be 3m by 2020. In some African countries prevalence can reach 19%, but the epidemic is slowing. In Russia, the infection rate is “getting worse, and at a very fast pace”, says Vinay Saldanha, UNAIDS’ director for eastern Europe and Central Asia. . . .

Harsh anti-drug laws keep users in the shadows. Methadone and other forms of non-injected opioid substitution therapy (OST) are illegal; in other post-Soviet states, such as Ukraine, they are legal. (After Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, 800 patients found themselves cut off. The UN believes some 10% have died, “mostly of overdose or suicide”.) The World Health Organisation calls methadone “the most promising method of reducing drug dependence”, and HIV-positive addicts who receive OST are 54% more likely to get the antiretroviral (ARV) drugs they need to stay healthy, according to studies.

Russia’s foreign minister has derided OST as a “narcoliberal” idea. . . .

Drug users fear criminal repercussions if they seek help. And Russia’s “anti-gay propaganda” laws make it harder for gay-friendly charities to operate.

Virulent prejudice

Independent NGOs, many staffed by HIV-positive people, play a crucial role in reaching vulnerable groups. But Russia’s “foreign agents” legislation, which places bureaucratic restrictions around groups that accept foreign money, has made funding difficult. Several HIV and drug-policy advocacy groups have been labelled foreign agents this year, including the Andrey Ryklov Foundation, the only group offering free needle exchanges in Moscow. . . .

Russia’s economic crisis has slashed health-care budgets, and more money for AIDS seems unlikely. Even this year’s promised extra federal funds have yet to materialise, says Mr Pokrovsky. Officials, he adds, must abandon the old saying that “what’s good for the German is death for the Russian.” Germany’s population is a bit over half the size of Russia’s, and it has one 25th the number of new HIV cases. “Narcoliberal” ideas save lives.​

Unlike utilitarian liberals, populist/nationalist/alt-right types don’t really care about the welfare of people, they focus on narrower values like patriarchy and nationalism and xenophobia. America’s alt-right likes Putin’s Russia because it secretly shares many of those values. Because America is more liberal than Russia, they are reluctant to say these things out loud, but you see it all over the internet, where alt-right views can be expressed anonymously. (Or when caught on tape talking with Billy Bush.)

You don’t want to be a small (or midsize) country on the southern border of one of these populist/nationalistic powers, because the strong bullying the weak is a part of their core ideology. It’s a sort of high school bully mentality, if not middle school. Thus it’s not just the women and HIV victims in Russia that suffer, but also people in neighboring countries. Put simply, the rejection of utilitarian values leads to bad domestic polices and bad foreign policies. That’s why the problems in Russia matter for the entire world.

If an alt-right leader takes over your country, pray that he’s as weak and clueless as a small child, and must rely on experts.

Spot the difference: Neville Chamberlain/Theresa May edition

Chamberlain on Hitler: “I have met a man with whom I can do business.”

May to Trump: “Today’s talks I think are a significant moment for President Trump and I to build our relationship and I look forward to continuing to work with you.”

Chamberlain on Hitler’s annexing the Sudetenland: “A quarrel in a faraway country, between people of whom we know nothing.”

May on Trump’s banning people from Muslim countries from entering the US: “The United States is responsible for the United States’ policy on refugees. The United Kingdom is responsible for the United Kingdom’s policy on refugees.”