Ways to reduce physical (and mental) deleterious effects from nandrolone?

Nandrolone is not likely to be particularly harmful
Hey man, I know you're constantly reading and learning about this stuff, so have you found any evidence contradicting this statement? I have a good friend who is thinking about using NPP for the first time and I want to make sure I haven't missed anything in my own research.

@MFAAS rhGH for ameliorating AAS-induced spatial memory changes. Look into the work of Grönbladh on rhGH. He has studied its application in reversing some AAS induced effects on the GABA system in particular.

One reference is: Gronbladh, A., Johansson, J., Nostl, A., Nyberg, F., & Hallberg, M. (2012). GH improves spatial memory and reverses certain anabolic androgenic steroid-induced effects in intact rats. Journal of Endocrinology, 216(1), 31–41. doi:10.1530/joe-12-0315

FYI: Nandrolone is not likely to be particularly harmful, it is just considered a model compound, and frequently associated with AAS polypharmacy by researchers.
bump.

Hey man, I know you're constantly reading and learning about this stuff, so have you found any evidence contradicting this statement? I have a good friend who is thinking about using NPP for the first time and I want to make sure I haven't missed anything in my own research.
Yes, one important datum is that nandrolone (but not testosterone) increases serum homovanillic acid in man. Homovanillic acid reflects CNS metabolism of dopamine, and therefore nandrolone-induced changes in CNS neurotransmitter metabolism.

Yes, one important datum is that nandrolone (but not testosterone) increases serum homovanillic acid in man. Homovanillic acid reflects CNS metabolism of dopamine, and therefore nandrolone-induced changes in CNS neurotransmitter metabolism.
Thanks! That would help explain the depression and other neurologic effects that a lot of users experience.

He's mostly concerned with the effect of nandrolone on the heart, especially the fibrosis that can occur. Of course there's that rat study showing that losartan can help prevent fibrosis (of which I am skeptical), but despite the increased use in "TRT" mills, I have seen no human studies conducted on this.

Thanks! That would help explain the depression and other neurologic effects that a lot of users experience.

He's mostly concerned with the effect of nandrolone on the heart, especially the fibrosis that can occur. Of course there's that rat study showing that losartan can help prevent fibrosis (of which I am skeptical), but despite the increased use in "TRT" mills, I have seen no human studies conducted on this.
The data that showed more deleterious endothelial cell effects for nandrolone vs testosterone used absurdly high concentrations that will never be reached (a spilling over effect). It's not a practical concern.

What doses were you running?

NPP makes me feel great. Libido goes up, mood goes up. I just feel all around better.

Did the sinus congestion shortly after you stopped or did that stick around?
I love NPP but every time I run it after like 6 weeks I have to throw in the towel as I get insane wild vivid dreams and trouble falling asleep. When I should be very tired. I also just start to get a very exhausted feeling mid day. On test and Anavar which is my usual go to I never get that. I keep the doses low with test and doesn’t fuck my dick up luckily. It also gives me like a “I don’t care attitude”. Not in a mean way just in a way where I’m not as enthusiastic about things I’ve noticed.

I never had depression until I ran deca at 500… thought I was going to jump off a bridge. I really believe there’s a depression side effect from nandrolone

Would you think there'd be any benefit to measuring HVA before/during nandrolone use? It looks like Labcorp and Quest have urine tests, though I'm not sure if it's possible to purchase them through the discount labs sites (marekhealth/ultalabs).

Or perhaps one would learn all they really need to know through a pilot run at a moderate dose?

Would you think there'd be any benefit to measuring HVA before/during nandrolone use? It looks like Labcorp and Quest have urine tests, though I'm not sure if it's possible to purchase them through the discount labs sites (marekhealth/ultalabs).

Or perhaps one would learn all they really need to know through a pilot run at a moderate dose?
Not especially. What's the point of seeing a bloodwork value if it doesn't affect decisionmaking? That is, if you're going to run a nandrolone course and stop only if symptoms are unbearable, then what use is some serum measure of HVA?

Not especially. What's the point of seeing a bloodwork value if it doesn't affect decisionmaking? That is, if you're going to run a nandrolone course and stop only if symptoms are unbearable, then what use is some serum measure of HVA?
Thanks for your reply. Right. That's my question. Is there any information gained from from a bloodwork value that might go toward decision making, such as an LDL value. From your reply I'm inferring that you think that neither an absolute value nor a change-from-baseline value would have any worthwhile information, but please correct me if I've misinterpreted.