What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Used to be legal to sell here but the state classed it as a sport fish several years back. Used to be in all the fish restaurants around here:( but it also used to be common to only catch 1lbers now 3 to 3 1/2lbs is pretty normal:D crappies definitely one of my favorites. Any of yall northerners eat sauger?
Oh that must suck, but never really have heard of sauger nor tried it (not sure if common in my state). Is it worth trying?

Oh that must suck, but never really have heard of sauger nor tried it (not sure if common in my state). Is it worth trying?
I like it but I like a lot of shit most wouldn't touch. It looks like a walleye and is related they show up down here in winter if the river is right. I'm just wondering if they taste like walleye. I've never ate walleye but I've had plenty of sauger.

I like it but I like a lot of shit most wouldn't touch. It looks like a walleye and is related they show up down here in winter if the river is right. I'm just wondering if they taste like walleye. I've never ate walleye but I've had plenty of sauger.
I've had catfish...quite good.

It actually turned out great. I take them out of the crock pot a little early, glaze in bbq sauce, and stick it in the broiler. The meat stayed on the bone, but was super tender. I made enough for 2 dinners...and ate it all at once :(

Haha sounds like a typical meal prep. Make enough for the work week, out in three days... Fuck

It actually turned out great. I take them out of the crock pot a little early, glaze in bbq sauce, and stick it in the broiler. The meat stayed on the bone, but was super tender. I made enough for 2 dinners...and ate it all at once :(
That's sounds like such a good idea to broil them for a little bit and get those semi-crispy bits. Yum. I probably would've finished them in one sitting also, haha.

image.jpeg
Thin cut sirloin with Mexican rice, with sweet peas:) View attachment 48924
I didn't wait til I went back on hitch. Was out late in town and got hungry, good thing there's always a Micky D's near by. 2 McDoubles with Big Mac sauce. I have to thank you sir for what should have been a common sense addition. Made them a lot more tasty! Well for McDonald's at least :D

View attachment 48926
I didn't wait til I went back on hitch. Was out late in town and got hungry, good thing there's always a Micky D's near by. 2 McDoubles with Big Mac sauce. I have to thank you sir for what should have been a common sense addition. Made them a lot more tasty! Well for McDonald's at least :D

Glad u liked them, not as healthy as chicken and rice.... But I believe they go straight to the muscles cause I've had some of the best workouts after long mcdoubles days.... Hearts a muscle right? LoL

Definitely off topic, but was in the kitchen cooking for tomorrow, tripped over some of the kiddos toys and broke my hand.... Looks like my legs are about to get hit double time!image.jpeg

Glad u liked them, not as healthy as chicken and rice.... But I believe they go straight to the muscles cause I've had some of the best workouts after long mcdoubles days.... Hearts a muscle right? LoL
Protein, carbs and fat. That's all that matters!
Definitely off topic, but was in the kitchen cooking for tomorrow, tripped over some of the kiddos toys and broke my hand.... Looks like my legs are about to get hit double time!View attachment 48929
Use some of that nail polish, make yourself feel pretty and you won't notice the hand.

For real tho, that's a bummer and I hope it heals fast for ya.

image.jpeg @rubisean We dip smelt from the St Clair River as well. Last week in March the run starts. Just have to pray the ice flow is done or your loosing your dip net. Smelt are great if cooked fresh. The longer you wait, the softer they get. In the freezer quickly. We bring 100lbs of potatoes and sell smelt dinner for 7.00 a plate. 10 smelt and French fries. We can't keep up usually.

Back