What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Oregongearhead, Apr 6, 2014.

1. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

12629.jpeg 12621.jpeg 12609.jpeg dinner with a view. Been trying to hit the coast up as much as humanly possible. Unreal clams and haddock from Bob Lobster in Newburyport.

2. KillaBig

KillaBig Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Oregongearhead and Eman like this.
  3. Eman

Eman Member

ickyrica and Oregongearhead like this.
  4. ickyrica

Pretty much perfect.

Oregongearhead and Eman like this.
  5. B Ware, MindlessWork and ickyrica like this.
  6. rubisean

rubisean Member

Chicken curry 20200627_171337.jpg 20200627_165108.jpg

7. Fear not the carbohydrate!

Oregongearhead and KillaBig like this.
  8. Pork chops, Brussels sprouts, snow peas, mashed taters, crescent roll 20200627_190906.jpg

Eman, Artifex, Millard Baker and 7 others like this.
  9. Blueberry buckle that my niece made... she was pretty proud of it and it was screaming!!! Notice my fine dinnerware! Good thing today was leg day 20200628_141308.jpg

10. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Should never be any real estate left on no damn plate. Eating IS where the battle is won
    3 serv Rice, 14 oz beef, huge bowl full of steamed veg
    20200628_171404.jpg

11. Eman

Eman Member

Chorizo breakfast tacos... Smoked salmon hash not pictured, it is the stuff of food dreams though.

IMG_20200628_104334765_HDR.jpg

KillaBig, Oldschool, Dthcore and 10 others like this.
  12. ickyrica

Is that at home or you guys out? Fucking love chorizo.

Oregongearhead likes this.
  13. Eman

Eman Member

It's at a local brewpub that does brunch on Sundays. It's awesome...

I love chorizo too.. but they had scrapple tacos on the menu and I ordered those first, they were out. So, Eman will make his own... They have a kick-ass bloody Mary too.

Artifex, Oregongearhead and ickyrica like this.
  14. Freakmidd

Freakmidd Member

Beer can chicken with Traeger lemon shandy rub, baked potatoes and corn on the cob to follow, cooked over apple wood.

20200628_173430.jpg

KillaBig, ickyrica, Artifex and 4 others like this.
  15. Eman

Eman Member

I really want to try this... I've never made a beer can chicken before. I really don't care for smoked poultry though... Maybe I've just never had good smoked chicken.

I dated a girl whose stepdad attempted to do smoked chicken a few times... He had gotten a little electric smoker for Christmas and tried it out when we visited one year. He was running it at the lowest setting possible... About 160 or so? Then he'd put them in the slow cooker. In case you're wondering, this is a horrible way to cook chicken. I tried to politely tell him to turn up the fucking heat but he just didn't get it... He'd say, "oh, so you actually cook with your smoker? Interesting." I think he thought it was just to add some smoke then you were supposed to actually cook the meat in the oven or slow cooker. Every time we ate that chicken, everyone had stomach issues... I refused to eat it the last time, and warned everyone what they were in for. They all took turns shitting their brains out later and I ate pretzels and drank beer with a smile.

Needless to say, I'm a little turned off by smoked chicken to this day.

16. Freakmidd

Freakmidd Member

I agree with you entirely, you need the heat to get that crispy skin.. apple is pretty mild compared to something like mesquite, and I only smoked it at around 180° for 1/2hr - 45mins then I cranked the heat up to 400° plus until it reached temperature. Turned out with a nice light smoked favor that wasn't to overpowering at all.

ickyrica and Eman like this.
  17. Eman

Eman Member

Apple is exactly what I'd use... I think my biggest issue with previous experience was that it was overwhelmingly smoky and that's not really good for even beef, chicken is already more bland so it just takes the smoke so much more.

I like your approach, I think I'll do something similar. But first, beef ribs...

Artifex, Oregongearhead and Freakmidd like this.
  18. Freakmidd

Freakmidd Member

Exactly!
    Even beef has limits to me when it comes to smoked flavor but you really can't do any better than ribs when it comes to smoked food!

Oregongearhead likes this.
  19. Breakfast : Scrambled eggs/bacon w/ low carb muffin . :)

045.jpg

KillaBig, ickyrica, Dthcore and 4 others like this.
  20. Eman

Eman Member

Beef ribs over rice.

IMG_20200630_202115965.jpg