What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Family was sick as fuck all week, so we doordashed on turkey day.
Just got around to making the turkey last night.

Made a butter, garlic and herb (rosemary and thyme) spread and packed it between the skin and meat.
A little more spread on the outside of whole bird.
Olive oil rub
Generous amounts of salt and pepper all over and in cavity.
Whole garlic bulbs split and thrown in cavity.
Smoker for 3+ hours
Rest for 30+ mins
Best turkey I've ever had. I won't be waiting a year to do this again.

View attachment 175933
Damn, why did you post this, I also now run to the store for a turkey to make.

This here is what I call The Level - because that's what you are after you eat it - Level. Hard to decipher but quickly, The Level features:

-Two homemade beef and pork dogs in sheep casings.

- Homemade beef chili highlighted with brown sugar, my (soon to be) patented herb/spice mix and freshly ground habanero's.

-Shredded cheese (sharp cheddar in this case).

-Topped with black peppered cottage cheese and a couple dashes of pure Bhut Jolokia sauce.
*Can't forget the buns*

I love this time of year for only a singular reason: Foooooood.

IMG_20221203_020815506.jpg

This here is what I call The Level - because that's what you are after you eat it - Level. Hard to decipher but quickly, The Level features:

-Two homemade beef and pork dogs in sheep casings.

- Homemade beef chili highlighted with brown sugar, my (soon to be) patented herb/spice mix and freshly ground habanero's.

-Shredded cheese (sharp cheddar in this case).

-Topped with black peppered cottage cheese and a couple dashes of pure Bhut Jolokia sauce.
*Can't forget the buns*

I love this time of year for only a singular reason: Foooooood.

View attachment 176164
You describe food very tasty, what you want to eat, you have a talent.

Traditional Belarusian draniki is made of potatoes, onions, salt and oil. These ingredients are enough if you make draniki using delicious Belarusian potatoes rich in starch.

In traditional Belarusian recipes flour and eggs are not added to thicken the substance. If grated potatoes appear too liquid, Belarusian housewives drain excess potato juice and add some starch which sank to the bottom of the bowl together with potato juice.

However, you can use imagination and change the traditional draniki recipe by adding eggs, flour, spices.

Draniki Recipe
12 potatoes
1 onion
oil
salt
Peel, wash and grate potatoes and the onion (the onion will help you keep grated potatoes from turning brown). Use a grater with small holes. Add salt and mix until a smooth even consistency is obtained.

Heat the frying pan with vegetable oil. Put a full tablespoon of mixture from the bowl onto the frying pan and form a small pancake. Flip over once browned and crispy - about 2 to 3 minutes each side.

Serve hot with sour cream.

Draniki can also be served with soused cowberries, apple and sour cream sauce, onion and sour cream sauce, machanka. Draniki can be stewed in ceramic pots with meat, sausages, mushrooms…

Traditional Belarusian draniki is made of potatoes, onions, salt and oil. These ingredients are enough if you make draniki using delicious Belarusian potatoes rich in starch.

In traditional Belarusian recipes flour and eggs are not added to thicken the substance. If grated potatoes appear too liquid, Belarusian housewives drain excess potato juice and add some starch which sank to the bottom of the bowl together with potato juice.

However, you can use imagination and change the traditional draniki recipe by adding eggs, flour, spices.

Draniki Recipe
12 potatoes
1 onion
oil
salt
Peel, wash and grate potatoes and the onion (the onion will help you keep grated potatoes from turning brown). Use a grater with small holes. Add salt and mix until a smooth even consistency is obtained.

Heat the frying pan with vegetable oil. Put a full tablespoon of mixture from the bowl onto the frying pan and form a small pancake. Flip over once browned and crispy - about 2 to 3 minutes each side.

Serve hot with sour cream.

Draniki can also be served with soused cowberries, apple and sour cream sauce, onion and sour cream sauce, machanka. Draniki can be stewed in ceramic pots with meat, sausages, mushrooms…
Thanks for the recipe, very interesting, I think I need to try cooking

Sunday football and cooking day.
Breakfast for the week
I'll probably throw some of the shredded salsa chicken in there before I portion up.
Ground chicken
Diced ham
Potatoes
Eggs
20221204_122226.jpg

Salsa chicken:
4-5 lbs Chicken breast
2 cups salsa
1 packet taco or fajita seasoning
~4 hours in crockpot on high
20221204_113158.jpg

Chicken
Lemon juice
Cilantro
Garlic
Montreal seasoning
Italian seasoning
Will soak in this for a as long as I can before going on the smoker.
20221204_113140.jpg

You're in Finland? Welcome to the forum. This is the best thread on meso. What is this? Looks good!
Hello. Yes, I come from was born in Minsk, but since childhood I have been living in Finland.
Thank you Meso Great place and the theme is cool, I love good food too.
These are Belarusian Draniki, if for a simple potato cutlets.

Sunday football and cooking day.
Breakfast for the week
I'll probably throw some of the shredded salsa chicken in there before I portion up.
Ground chicken
Diced ham
Potatoes
Eggs
20221204_122226.jpg

Salsa chicken:
4-5 lbs Chicken breast
2 cups salsa
1 packet taco or fajita seasoning
~4 hours in crockpot on high
20221204_113158.jpg

Chicken
Lemon juice
Cilantro
Garlic
Montreal seasoning
Italian seasoning
Will soak in this for a as long as I can before going on the smoker.
20221204_113140.jpg
I love this theme. Are you sure you don't have a talent for cooking? maybe you are a chef. Everything looks delicious.

Back