What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

Gettin ready for spring...I'm gettin used to being more settled and actually excited for some things I've got in the works. Bout to pickup a large tumbling compost bin to set up next to the chicken coop, got an incubator on the way, and the plan is to try to feed the chickens our household compost for egg production. Use the chx manure/compost mix for fertilizer in the garden next to the coop...we're putting in about an acre of row crops.
MESO.COOP.jpg

Got my order in to Whitetail Institute for some PowerPlant mix, gonna put in a new 2acre food plot and 2 box stands. Submitted the soil sample and looks like we're good to grow!
Bulk is on next fall :cool:

powerplant__73005.1452883434.386.513.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Imperial PowerPlant (Annual)

Gettin ready for spring...I'm gettin used to being more settled and actually excited for some things I've got in the works. Bout to pickup a large tumbling compost bin to set up next to the chicken coop, got an incubator on the way, and the plan is to try to feed the chickens our household compost for egg production. Use the chx manure/compost mix for fertilizer in the garden next to the coop...we're putting in about an acre of row crops.
View attachment 36111

Got my order in to Whitetail Institute for some PowerPlant mix, gonna put in a new 2acre food plot and 2 box stands. Submitted the soil sample and looks like we're good to grow!

hqdefault.jpg

Living the country dream:cool:

View attachment 36111

hqdefault.jpg

Man that's awesome! I hope I have the means to do that sort of thing, plus a small garden. How many eggs does an average chicken produce per week?

Vacation has officially begun. Diet is over. Dinner with family then fight out 7am. Kick it off with chicken sorrentto and bacon cheddar burger.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

View attachment 36111

hqdefault.jpg

That is a sweet coup TEK, and a great idea with the compost bin. Im a big fan of organic gardening and composting is the best way to fertilize your crops and not kill your soil.

20160226_183429.jpgProtein pasta and vodka sauce with fresh portabellos, sweet onions , and garlic. Plus italian hot sausage browned in coconut oil and slow cooked in the vodka sauce, and of course garnished with fresh basil. Also, one glass of cabernet, it's damn near blasphemy to eat italian without a glass of vino20160226_185819.jpg

View attachment 36138Protein pasta and vodka sauce with fresh portabellos, sweet onions , and garlic. Plus italian hot sausage browned in coconut oil and slow cooked in the vodka sauce, and of course garnished with fresh basil. Also, one glass of cabernet, it's damn near blasphemy to eat italian without a glass of vinoView attachment 36137
Beautiful dish insaiyan, that looks worthy of being served in a restaurant.

Nice... that is the one I was looking at too. Glad you went with the one without the glass.

I actually went on a BBQ/smoker formula and they all recommend this one cause it's double walled with insulation inbetween. I'll put it to the test this Sunday. I did a dry run today just to give it that smoky flavor.

Beautiful dish insaiyan, that looks worthy of being served in a restaurant.

I agree, very impressive

Awhhh shucks, Thanks you guys. As of late I haven't been cooking too many impressive meals, just easy healthy stuff to get the nutrition I need. But cooking has been a passion of mine for a long time, mom started teaching me when I was little. Every now and then I still pull out the stops and cook something worthwhile. Next time I speak to my mother I'll let her know you guys approve, it's her recipe haha.