What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

But since we're talking bout some Large mouth....
Last years finest catch. Bastard had my pole bent up so bad, swam straight under my boat and started pulling me sideways. Literally the longest fight I've had with a Bass... Had to be there
@OdieM @gr8whitetrukker

image.jpeg

@OdieM you ever get that new boat?
No time like the present:D
One of these long weekends were gonna have to fish. With weather like this it's too much too pass up

Last edited:
@OdieM you ever get that new boat?
No time like the present:D
One of these long weekends were gonna have to fish. With weather like this it's too much too pass up

No I sure didn't and I still want one but after talking with my folks I probably won't for a while. If I get a boat then they might as well sell theirs cause I'm the only one who uses it. So for now I'll just continue to use theirs. Not sure i could afford an extra note right now anyways. Im trying to talk the folks into getting a pontoon boat now. They've been talking about getting one for years and I think at their age it suites them now. Plus Im wanting a floating party boat to use. lol

No I sure didn't and I still want one but after talking with my folks I probably won't for a while. If I get a boat then they might as well sell theirs cause I'm the only one who uses it. So for now I'll just continue to use theirs. Not sure i could afford an extra note right now anyways. Im trying to talk the folks into getting a pontoon boat now. They've been talking about getting one for years and I think at their age it suites them now. Plus Im wanting a floating party boat to use. lol
Use your parents bro! Lol a boat is like a hole in the water that u throw your money into...don't get me wrong, sooo much fun, but very hard to use when ur working and dealing with the seasons. I've been sailing in Long Island sound for years n felt such a relief selling my boat last year. Such a weight off my chest! Maybe when my kids get older I'll get back into it. Until then maybe something small I can trailer like a sunfish [emoji569] [emoji569] [emoji569] [emoji569]

Tried cooking the whole meal on the smoker last night. Whole chicken, Cajun corn, lemon garlic asparagus and carrots cooked with maple syrup and sea salt.
chicken2-28.JPG

chicken2-282.jpg

Really!? Good 4u man I was just trying to lookout...I was paying 2k for winter storage... $2k for mooring... 800 for launch service... Maintenance about 1500...and we get 12 weeks of summer which goes by way too quick w everything else going on. I guess it would help if my wife liked it but she get motion sickness n had a sailing incident as a child so she don't like it. Last season before selling it I used the boat once then time for maintenance n storage again...that's when I decided to sell. That's a common saying round here...maybe it's the corrosive salt water too that plays a part. Barnacles like u wouldn't believe n sea gulls dropping clam shells n fish vertebrae all over the boat...always cleaning the thing. Dam I happy not having to deal with that this upcoming summer

I never spent a dime on my '99 stratos. Besides fishing gear and the equipment to make it legal. Not sure where that saying comes from...

They say BOAT stands for Bust Out Another Thousand but I havnt seen it yet. The only thing I've had to replace a few times is the battery from letting it sit for months without a charger on it. I'm good about not letting it sit for months with fuel in it. Now my jetski on the other hand, Ive have to replace something on it every 2 years. I ride it hard and even ride my ole lady on it hard to ;)

Speaking of, man when I went up last weekend my seats had mildew all over them. I took it down to the car wash and used their soap scrub brush but it did very little. I think I'm gonna have to use a little bleach diluted with water and a lot of elbow grease to get it off.

Pontoons are great, especially for the big guys who need the room. I rent them every summer a few times. We don't get enough warm weather here to justify me buying a boat but I've always wanted my own

They say BOAT stands for Bust Out Another Thousand but I havnt seen it yet. The only thing I've had to replace a few times is the battery from letting it sit for months without a charger on it. I'm good about not letting it sit for months with fuel in it. Now my jetski on the other hand, Ive have to replace something on it every 2 years. I ride it hard and even ride my ole lady on it hard to ;)

Speaking of, man when I went up last weekend my seats had mildew all over them. I took it down to the car wash and used their soap scrub brush but it did very little. I think I'm gonna have to use a little bleach diluted with water and a lot of elbow grease to get it off.

Odie - make a mix of hot water & Dawn soap & baking soda (2 tbsp) for a safe mold remover . ;)

Odie - make a mix of hot water & Dawn soap & baking soda (2 tbsp) for a safe mold remover . ;)
I liberally apply armorall with a towel. Scrub/rub it in. Got rid of mine and preserved the leather too. Too vigorous and it loses the coating forever so be careful. Also when it sits for a while armorall keeps it g2g

f61e12b075b8c73e800d69d6d41d0d69.jpg

Also got the smoker fired up :)
b3ec1d91d61cd4ba5430e8c60cb4776b.jpg
Odie I found a gun safe to match your BBQ'er ....lol00u0u_grZc0lQVVVn_600x450.jpg

I never spent a dime on my '99 stratos. Besides fishing gear and the equipment to make it legal. Not sure where that saying comes from...
I was a commercial diver for years and owned a cpl boats, that saying goes very well with boats used in the ocean, that salt water just eats things up. And if you let your boat sit for a long time it always costs hundreds to get her up and running again. I think fresh water is much easier on your boat.
And of course the rough seas will pound your boat pretty good to which causes shit to break eventually.
But what a life , on the water every day as a way to make a living.

Last edited:
I was a commercial diver for years and owned a cpl boats, that saying goes very well with boats used in the ocean, that salt water just eats things up. And if you let your boat sit for a long time it always costs hundreds to get her up and running again. I think fresh water is much easier on your boat.
Maybe so boss maybe so...never been on salt water at least not in my boat. It never will be either. The longest my vessel sat was 2 yrs as I was in transition from a major cross country move. The stabil in the fuel is good for 1.5 yrs according to the manuf. After 2 hours of priming, repriming and a few choice words. Ok alot of fucking choice words (I am trukker after all) it started and STAYED running. That was the only problem it ever gave me. Fished the whole day on stale fuel.

Now I'm in the market for a new trolling motor. Just another reason I won't be cycling any time soon. Got shit to take care of:oops: that will be the first major investment I've made in my fiberglass rig

Maybe so boss maybe so...never been on salt water at least not in my boat. It never will be either. The longest my vessel sat was 2 yrs as I was in transition from a major cross country move. The stabil in the fuel is good for 1.5 yrs according to the manuf. After 2 hours of priming, repriming and a few choice words. Ok alot of fucking choice words (I am trukker after all) it started and STAYED running. That was the only problem it ever gave me. Fished the whole day on stale fuel.

Now I'm in the market for a new trolling motor. Just another reason I won't be cycling any time soon. Got shit to take care of:oops: that will be the first major investment I've made in my fiberglass rig
Very smart decision Trukk, keep her in fresh water and your golden. Put her in salt and the problems begin.
NO CYCLING [emoji33] well your already a monster so not cycling .... No biggie.

Ha me to. My trolling motor only goes full speed or lowest speed. There's supposed to be 3 speed in between but they don't do anything when I set it to them. Basically means I leave it at top speed and just tap on the pedal a few times to get where I need to go.

I love to salt water fish and live close enough that I can smell the salt in the air on some days. I have buddies that own saltwater boats. They spend a fortune. Last time I went out with one of them we all chipped in 100 a piece and there was 5 of us just to fill it up. We burnt through that in one day. Screw that. Now I would love to own a bay boat.

I'm actually in the market for a new gun safe. Been looking at some really nice ones lately but can't seem to pull the trigger cause I just spent 1300 on a new kimber 1911
I just bought a vault pro, it was $4000 and weight 1050lbs

It is impressive