What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

I lack the skillet. Looks like I'll need to pick one up. But those are good ideas. I'd never of thought to do shit like that! Yall are inspiring me to grow in to the next foodie level.

Watch I'll make it and the wife won't eat it. Bitch:oops:

Garage sales or Thrift stores like Goodwill/Sallys always have cast iron skillets . Look for Lodge cast iron skillets .

Buy the Lodge brand. For the money, they're the best. Lookup how to take care of 'em, you need to oil it when you're done with it and never use soap to clean it. The cast iron is a MUST in the kitchen! You can bake in it and cook in it. It'll last you generations if you take care of it right, and only get a better flavor over time!

Wunderpus beat me to it , but yes Lodge makes the original cast iron skillet . Mine is over 60 years old !

d588061b517b60f1900cefb39fdab0c8.jpg

Greatest fucking thing on earth. 90 seconds in the microwave - bang - two carb servings. Dump a table spoon of oil on one serving and add two beef patties. Rinse and repeat. 800 Cal.
Love this stuff. Tastes great and super quick. I haven't been able to find it anywhere other than Costco though and my membership expired. Did you buy this from another grocery store Notits?

After use you add a half cup to cup of water to skillet and lightly boil it . Then wipe it clean with veg oil . Its now seasoned and rust proof . You must do this everytime ! ;)
damn I havent been boiling it, I just use steaming hot water in the sink then wipe it down with oil and put it a big ziplock...I wonder what else I've been doing wrong? :confused::oops:

You guys do jump into your jeans both legs at the same time right?!?!

Love this stuff. Tastes great and super quick. I haven't been able to find it anywhere other than Costco though and my membership expired. Did you buy this from another grocery store Notits?
Nah brother, costco only. Rely heavy on that place to keep this shit affordable.

damn I havent been boiling it, I just use steaming hot water in the sink then wipe it down with oil and put it a big ziplock...I wonder what else I've been doing wrong? :confused::oops:

You guys do jump into your jeans both legs at the same time right?!?!

As long as its not rusting your doing it right . I have a wooden spoon scraper that I clean the burned on gunk off while boiling it . Then a couple wipes with oiled rag and its done.

I want to add that most folks are scared of cast iron pans . No reason to be , you just have to be aware of a few things with cast iron . They are actually the most flavorful pans to cook with .