What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

This was inspired by @TANGO.ECHO.KILO always cookin' them chicken thighs!

Simple pan seared and roasted chicken thighs w/ lemon and herbs. GF said this is one of her new favorite meals. Also, she FORCED me into eating some rice pilaf!

3111.jpg

3112.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1457705198180.jpg

Last night - Mushroom & barley soup...so good n Hardy...I had 2 bowls n really hit the spot. Can't take the fame for making it but it is home made!

This was inspired by @TANGO.ECHO.KILO always cookin' them chicken thighs!

Simple pan seared and roasted chicken thighs w/ lemon and herbs. GF said this is one of her new favorite meals. Also, she FORCED me into eating some rice pilaf!

View attachment 36919

View attachment 36920
Just keeps bringin it
@sweebeanz you gotta take your idea and make a cook book.
Everyone should post up recipes and how to's.
Mostly for amateurs like me :)
I'd love to see these recipes on a organized thread or some thing. In fact I would love that recipe!
I'm on a chicken recipe tear. Need new ideas

Just keeps bringin it
@sweebeanz you gotta take your idea and make a cook book.
Everyone should post up recipes and how to's.
Mostly for amateurs like me :)
I'd love to see these recipes on a organized thread or some thing. In fact I would love that recipe!
I'm on a chicken recipe tear. Need new ideas
This one was EASY brother!

You need a cast iron pan and 5-6 chicken thighs, a bit of vegetable oil, salt, pepper and lemon & herbs are optional (however, the lemon really make a HUGE difference).

Preheat oven to 475f

Heat the tablespoon of oil in the cast iron on high heat, just under "smoking". Have your chicken thighs at room temp, liberally salt and pepper both sides.

Put them in the hot oil skin side down. You want as much contact w/ the skin and the hot oil as possible. Let this cook for 2 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for another 12 minutes, rotating the chicken every 2 or so minutes to ensure even browning.

After that, chuck them into the oven in the pan for 13 more minutes (this is when I add the lemon slices and the herbs to the pan). After 13 minutes, flip the chicken now so it's skin side UP! Try to not let the lemon sit on the crispy skin in the over, rather let it continue to cook in the oil (soggy skin isn't as good). Take the whole pan out after another 5 minutes. Pull the pieces out of the pan and let them rest at least 3 minutes.

Serve with the cooked lemon slices on the chicken. The flavor combo of the crispy skin, the chicken fat and the cooked lemon is truly awesome.

Good luck Truk!

Im a dark meat guy too , come Thanksgiving those drumsticks are mine ! :)
We ate like animals growing up with all those boys in the house, you had to eat fast to make sure you got everything you wanted (not needed). Yet it was always bad manners to take the last piece of chicken off the plate, we'd all just stare at it. I was diving in bare handed for dem chx legs and thighs, till one night my lil brother put a fork in the back of my hand :(

We ate like animals growing up with all those boys in the house, you had to eat fast to make sure you got everything you wanted (not needed). Yet it was always bad manners to take the last piece of chicken off the plate, we'd all just stare at it. I was diving in bare handed for dem chx legs and thighs, till one night my lil brother put a fork in the back of my hand :(
I missed out on a ton by being an only child!

The girl and I were talking about that last not. Not sure if we want 1 or 2... I'm siding with 1!

This one was EASY brother!

You need a cast iron pan and 5-6 chicken thighs, a bit of vegetable oil, salt, pepper and lemon & herbs are optional (however, the lemon really make a HUGE difference).

Preheat oven to 475f

Heat the tablespoon of oil in the cast iron on high heat, just under "smoking". Have your chicken thighs at room temp, liberally salt and pepper both sides.

Put them in the hot oil skin side down. You want as much contact w/ the skin and the hot oil as possible. Let this cook for 2 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium-high and cook for another 12 minutes, rotating the chicken every 2 or so minutes to ensure even browning.

After that, chuck them into the oven in the pan for 13 more minutes (this is when I add the lemon slices and the herbs to the pan). After 13 minutes, flip the chicken now so it's skin side UP! Try to not let the lemon sit on the crispy skin in the over, rather let it continue to cook in the oil (soggy skin isn't as good). Take the whole pan out after another 5 minutes. Pull the pieces out of the pan and let them rest at least 3 minutes.

Serve with the cooked lemon slices on the chicken. The flavor combo of the crispy skin, the chicken fat and the cooked lemon is truly awesome.

Good luck Truk!
Great. This and the mex dish I'm gonna try and tackle for starters. I gotta book mark these

lol that statement contradicts itself haha
I know! That's why it's so hard to decide! I wanna get the old snipper-oo after we pop out the amount of kids we want, so it's pretty final LOL!

I think I'd be able to devote more time and love to 1 kid, than two. Also, what if you have an awesome kid and a total doucher?

This one is easy as hell. Literally you need a knife, the ingredients, a cast iron and a cutting board!
I lack the skillet. Looks like I'll need to pick one up. But those are good ideas. I'd never of thought to do shit like that! Yall are inspiring me to grow in to the next foodie level.

Watch I'll make it and the wife won't eat it. Bitch:oops:

I lack the skillet. Looks like I'll need to pick one up. But those are good ideas. I'd never of thought to do shit like that! Yall are inspiring me to grow in to the next foodie level.

Watch I'll make it and the wife won't eat it. Bitch:oops:
Buy the Lodge brand. For the money, they're the best. Lookup how to take care of 'em, you need to oil it when you're done with it and never use soap to clean it. The cast iron is a MUST in the kitchen! You can bake in it and cook in it. It'll last you generations if you take care of it right, and only get a better flavor over time!