What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

I've been obsessed over these Trader Joe's sweet potato fries for my post workout carbs lately...

I tried infusing this steak w/ herbs and garlic in the sous vide... What an awesome idea that was, the meat literally was perfumed with the fragrance of herbs, this was a huge hit with Mrs. Wunderpus. This was Mondays' meal... For anyone who followed the infection thread, this was my dinner before noticing the issue. Yay.
6152.jpg

Since that was such a hit, we tried cooking chicken thighs this way. I used thyme, rosemary, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper in the bags. After cooking, I took the liquid from the bags and made a reduction/sauce of the juices, red wine, dijon mustard and a bit of apple cider vinegar. This was insane.

6153.JPG

6154.jpg

I've been obsessed over these Trader Joe's sweet potato fries for my post workout carbs lately...

I tried infusing this steak w/ herbs and garlic in the sous vide... What an awesome idea that was, the meat literally was perfumed with the fragrance of herbs, this was a huge hit with Mrs. Wunderpus. This was Mondays' meal... For anyone who followed the infection thread, this was my dinner before noticing the issue. Yay.
View attachment 44219

Since that was such a hit, we tried cooking chicken thighs this way. I used thyme, rosemary, garlic, lemon, salt and pepper in the bags. After cooking, I took the liquid from the bags and made a reduction/sauce of the juices, red wine, dijon mustard and a bit of apple cider vinegar. This was insane.

View attachment 44220

View attachment 44221
Thats why...
You are...
The fanciest bitch west of the mississippi:D

View attachment 44219

View attachment 44220

View attachment 44221

I really tried to like that twice. Once for both pics. Looks great. Now I want to go out and buy a vacuum sealer and start seasoning and marinating my meats that way.

Love sweet potato fries. Never had trader joes. There to easy to make so I don't buy them premade

I really tried to like that twice. Once for both pics. Looks great. Now I want to go out and buy a vacuum sealer and start seasoning and marinating my meats that way.
So, I put them in these bags then into either 130f water for beef or 160f for chicken, and they cook in the bags. It's literally the EASIEST way to cook, and it's the most flavorful way I've found. If you want to look into the device, it's https://sansaire.com/ (Sansaire | Everything you need to cook sous vide). Costs about what a microwave does, but it's almost as useful.

View attachment 44219

View attachment 44220

View attachment 44221
i think I need a smoke after that...

So, I put them in these bags then into either 130f water for beef or 160f for chicken, and they cook in the bags. It's literally the EASIEST way to cook, and it's the most flavorful way I've found. If you want to look into the device, it's https://sansaire.com/ (Sansaire | Everything you need to cook sous vide). Costs about what a microwave does, but it's almost as useful.

Hell yeah thanks buddy. I knew that's how some restaurants do it. Just never really thought about doing it myself that way. Even taco bell cooks their food sealed in a bag with hot water :eek: Anyway thanks. Fixing to do some more looking into it

Speaking of, I've made omelets that way. Always turns out perfect

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This was one of the first pics I posted in this thread. Got my old phone working.

That el yucateco is one of the most flavorful hot sauces I've ever bought. Cheap, hot, and great with just about anything.

I keep it stocked. It's really flavorful and packs a punch. One bottle last me for months and I use it daily. It really helps with cutting when you use a lot