What R U Eating ? ~OGH wants to know.....

I am def picking up one of those sansaire sous vide kits, that's for sure... looks so damn good lol.

This weekend I'll be posting up some real good stuff I think... Ill throw in some scenic pics while I'm at it. :)
Good! Hit me up and I'll get you some recipes for it :)

What do you do aside from strip steaks? I feel like I wouldn't be able to break away from steaks lol...
I've done ribeyes, flank steak, skin on chicken thighs (awesome by the way), poached eggs (you poach them in the shell, they're delicious), pork loin, pork chops, pork belly and pork ribs.... That's as far as I've gone, but I feel like there are WAY more options out there.

I've done ribeyes, flank steak, skin on chicken thighs (awesome by the way), poached eggs (you poach them in the shell, they're delicious), pork loin, pork chops, pork belly and pork ribs.... That's as far as I've gone, but I feel like there are WAY more options out there.

https://sansaire.com/2014/12/cook-prime-rib-sous-vide/ (How To Cook Prime Rib Sous Vide | Sansaire)

^ this is what I'm talking about. :)

I'd like to throw some smoke to it instead of the char at the end I think...

The eggs sound crazy good... I'd think you could do scrambled eggs too. Whip the eggs up with some butter and a little cream and off to the races!

https://sansaire.com/2014/12/cook-prime-rib-sous-vide/ (How To Cook Prime Rib Sous Vide | Sansaire)

^ this is what I'm talking about. :)

I'd like to throw some smoke to it instead of the char at the end I think...

The eggs sound crazy good... I'd think you could do scrambled eggs too. Whip the eggs up with some butter and a little cream and off to the races!
Smoke... Hmm, I wonder? I cooked ribs then finished them on the grill. It was tough since the meat was so soft, it was falling in the grill...

Maybe infuse smoke into the bag pre-sous videing? Wonder if that would do anything.

Last night I put 2 strips of REAL bacon, sage and crushed garlic in with the NY strips. Took the bacon off before charring. It was INCREDIBLE. I was worried it would be too bacon-y, but it wasn't. It seems like flavors that are fat soluble work best in the sous vide (sage, rosemary, garlics, citrus).

Smoke... Hmm, I wonder? I cooked ribs then finished them on the grill. It was tough since the meat was so soft, it was falling in the grill...

Maybe infuse smoke into the bag pre-sous videing? Wonder if that would do anything.

Last night I put 2 strips of REAL bacon, sage and crushed garlic in with the NY strips. Took the bacon off before charring. It was INCREDIBLE. I was worried it would be too bacon-y, but it wasn't. It seems like flavors that are fat soluble work best in the sous vide (sage, rosemary, garlics, citrus).

Would probably be tough to get it right and the risk of working with a fucking expensive cut of meat like prime rib would make it too risky for me to get carried away with experimentation... Let's the sous vide kit do more of the work. Definitely going to get one and try some stuff out. :)

I was originally thinking to throw smoke at it to finish but ideally you would smoke it for just a little while first, best time for it to pick that smoke up anyways. Cold smoking it could be an idea to keep it more simple with temps. Then bag it and proceed with sous vide. But just adding a little liquid smoke to it would be good too I'm sure... I like doing things the hard way when it comes to these kinds of things. More fun.. need to try this too:

Would probably be tough to get it right and the risk of working with a fucking expensive cut of meat like prime rib would make it too risky for me to get carried away with experimentation... Let's the sous vide kit do more of the work. Definitely going to get one and try some stuff out. :)

I was originally thinking to throw smoke at it to finish but ideally you would smoke it for just a little while first, best time for it to pick that smoke up anyways. Cold smoking it could be an idea to keep it more simple with temps. Then bag it and proceed with sous vide. But just adding a little liquid smoke to it would be good too I'm sure... I like doing things the hard way when it comes to these kinds of things. More fun.. need to try this too:

Interesting for sure. To me, prime rib is a relatively nicely flavored cut, so I see little need to enhance it TOO much. Now, filet has the best texture but needs help in the flavor department, wonder how smoking a filet then sous videing it would go? I'd be inclined to find a way to siphon the smoke into the bag, pre sous videing, and allowing it to cook in the "smoked" air within the bag... Hmmm. New projects!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Breakfast smoked pork belly , scrambled eggs and bowl of fruit.
Lunch sauteed ono, broccolini, green beans and sweet potato mash.

IMG_20160630_195951590.jpg
^ Peruvian ceviche

IMG_20160630_200906905.jpg

^Steak, fried egg, yucca and fries. Hers

IMG_20160630_201039838.jpg

Mine... beef fried rice basically. Couldn't pronounce the real name if you held a gun to my head. Excellent though and I ate the whole thing. Glycogen stores replenished. :)

Ive never seen a smashed purple sweet potatoe. I bet it tastes great to. Noth those meals make me humgry jus lookin at em an I jus ate. Im a sucker for fruit. Are those blueberries in their?
Yeah purple sweet potato tastes a little diff but not much. More for visual effects i think.
And yes those are blueberries. I been on a blueberry kick lately. I eat a ton of fruit..... Well not literally a TON but you know what i mean :D

Yeah purple sweet potato tastes a little diff but not much. More for visual effects i think.
And yes those are blueberries. I been on a blueberry kick lately. I eat a ton of fruit..... Well not literally a TON but you know what i mean :D
Huh im gonna have to see if we have any of those purple sweets in wally world.
My go to for fruit is usually strawberries, cherries, grapes, an bananas. Well the bananas are souly for my shakes. I mean why buy the mass gainers in a bucket when you can make your own right at home lol. They taste a heck of alot better as well.

You might find them there. The funny thing is the skin is white cant even tell their purple till you peel them.