Who is our biggest, most shredded member at Meso?

da22b4111149253b93b0e612bf1f8924.jpg

Dbol breakfast of champions

2016-12-15 08.14.33-1.jpg
hit a cool milestone in the gym today. I rack pulled 515 without straps. less than a year ago I was around 325, anything more needed straps. I also hit 405 x 5 RDL and had a few more in the tank. Not wicked strong by any means but getting better, lots of work to do!!

View attachment 55051
hit a cool milestone in the gym today. I rack pulled 515 without straps. less than a year ago I was around 325, anything more needed straps. I also hit 405 x 5 RDL and had a few more in the tank. Not wicked strong by any means but getting better, lots of work to do!!

My forearms/grip is a definite weak link. Other than just doing as much as I can without straps, then finishing the workout with straps, how do you guys strengthen the grip. About 2 sets of deads and my grip is gone.

My forearms/grip is a definite weak link. Other than just doing as much as I can without straps, then finishing the workout with straps, how do you guys strengthen the grip. About 2 sets of deads and my grip is gone.
I got mad at myself, almost personally offended that I have a 'weak grip'. Most of the feelings were fabricated but it has a purpose. I basically told myself that I am a pussy and I could do more. That only works to a point but it helped. I also stayed away from my 80% - 100% lifts. I can do lots of reps at 70% max which leads to using my regular grip the entire time as opposed to needing straps. That also helped i think.

The biggest factor is effort over time. The more you try over extended periods of time will yield the best results, most likely.

Consistency + time = results

I never used straps starting out and I've never had an issue with grip or failed a lift because of it. What I can grip is significantly stronger than what I can actually lift.

Do farmer's carries or set up the safeties high in the power rack and just grip a heavy barbell and hold for time.

Thanks guys. At first I refused to use straps and told myself if my grip was too weak, it would get better without straps and if I can't lift it without them I'd just lift what I can. But I've gone to as heavy as possible for back, with the exception of deads because of lower back issues, and even my rows start to slip out of my hand/ pry my fingers off the bar so I have just subsided to using straps when my grip fails.

"To my special friends Merry Christmas -
A little early I know, but I have so many happy beautiful friends, I thought I'd get the ugly fuckers out of the way first. After careful consideration of your performance in 2016, I have decided to extend our friendship for another 12 months. A little Christmas message for you. Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant survives a thirst, but a cactus can. Not every retard can read, but look at you go little buddy!

Today you should take a moment and send an encouraging message to a fucked up friend, just as I have done. I don't care if you lick windows, or fuck farm animals. You hang in there cupcake, because you're fucking special to me, and you're my friend. Look at you smiling at your phone, you crayon eating mother fucker!" ---Merry Christmas OGH

Old ass pic. I'm on the far right. With tats. I'm probably close to 10 years natty training in this pic. I participated in a PL meet. It was a blast watching the big Dawgs bend some bars... I hit 520 on dead. I weighed about 180...IMG_20161215_124947.jpg

Old ass pic. I'm on the far right. With tats. I'm probably close to 10 years natty training in this pic. I participated in a PL meet. It was a blast watching the big Dawgs bend some bars... I hit 520 on dead. I weighed about 180...View attachment 55073

Cool pic tank! You were big to be natty!

I've got some pics of my scrawny ass somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool pic tank! You were big to be natty!

I've got some pics of my scrawny ass somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's nice to go old skool sometimes. I like to remind these new jacks that this shit don't happen over nite. Also, for them to consider putting in at least 5 years natty before training enhanced. And in those years it's important for them to learn gym etiquette... As well as build a solid foundation... I can't really picture you scrawny either @rutman :)

Keep kicking ass and inspiring brother!!!!

Tank

IMG_20161216_005557.jpg IMG_20161216_005830.jpg even tho I'm only 38 I like to consider myself an old skool BB. I love the compound lifts. I love drinking raw eggs. I love everything about this lifestyle. Hard work. Dedication. Blood. Sweat. And no tears. Now plagued by an injury requiring surgery, I understand this part of this lifestyle as well. I'm a hard head. I'm gonna try and be on a stair stepper in a few weeks. Mite even try to pump up... Well see how I feel. Mite even find me a nice little fuck stick to finger blast all wknd... Who knows... What I do know is that I'm bout this life...