Who is our biggest, most shredded member at Meso?

IMG_20180903_152915_492.jpg
It's my "off-season"

2 quick questions for anyone with input

1. My abs muscles are too big, i want the shape, just not the mass. Is the solution just dropping weight on weighted ab sets?

2. Has anyone ever tried all timed sets instead of reps?

My abs muscles are too big, i want the shape, just not the mass. Is the solution just dropping weight on weighted ab sets
I could be wrong , but I'd think you'd have to let them atrophy before you drop the weight, i.e. no work at all until they reach the desired size and then maintain with the lighter weight.

Seems like by just switching to lighter weights, given most of our hormonal situation, they're not likely to atrophy at a significant enough rate to see any change

Again , I'm no expert, but logically that's how I'd go about it .

Genetics my man.
Looking at his abs I agree. Genetics is a big part of what we're seeing. I trained abs weekly in the beginning and now I almost never train abs and the still look pretty much the same.

@jaymaximus you can stop training them completely and see if the go away some but I think you're stuck with what you have. BUT.....you can always grow everything around them to make them look smaller. :)

You got it my man. Its just genetics
I always get a kick outta folks when they see a 300+lb strongman take up an ab wheel and proceed to wipe the floor with stretch and reps of a man half his size with a much greater visual ab development. They think its just fat. No mfer! For some of these guys anyway their abdominals are just another huge massive fucking muscle. Not streamlined and sexy like the BB traits that are needed to compete on a stage.
Looking at his abs I agree. Genetics is a big part of what we're seeing. I trained abs weekly in the beginning and now I almost never train abs and the still look pretty much the same.

@jaymaximus you can stop training them completely and see if the go away some but I think you're stuck with what you have. BUT.....you can always grow everything around them to make them look smaller. :)

You got it my man. Its just genetics
I always get a kick outta folks when they see a 300+lb strongman take up an ab wheel and proceed to wipe the floor with stretch and reps of a man half his size with a much greater visual ab development. They think its just fat. No mfer! For some of these guys anyway their abdominals are just another huge massive fucking muscle. Not streamlined and sexy like the BB traits that are needed to compete on a stage.
I tell my power lifting buddies they have an "ab". One singular massive ab.

Abs can be built and thickened somewhat but there are limitations. The funny thing is people talk about "sculpting" their abs. Nope. They look how the look you can only make them larger, thicker or blocky.

Most of the time they look worse once someone starts training them with heavy weights. I tried to build my lower abs for years in the beginning. Turns out, it was a total waste of time.

Most of the time they look worse once someone starts training them with heavy weights. I

That's where I'm at. Went to heavy for too long and now my ab muscles got way too big. Look awesome from the front, not so much from the side. But I do like the idea of making everything bigger to compensate.

Was going to suggest the exact same thing :)

mands

I tell my power lifting buddies they have an "ab". One singular massive ab.

Abs can be built and thickened somewhat but there are limitations. The funny thing is people talk about "sculpting" their abs. Nope. They look how the look you can only make them larger, thicker or blocky.

Most of the time they look worse once someone starts training them with heavy weights. I tried to build my lower abs for years in the beginning. Turns out, it was a total waste of time.
I like front squats for abs. Seriously. Im with you training abs directly is for the most part a waste of time.

Look awesome from the front, not so much from the side.

Hmmm, did a judge tell you this or is that just your personal opinion based on a very critical personal eye? Is the goal for stage or just personal preference?

I ask because I have a buddy that is a IFBB pro and competes in classic physique. He got last place in his first pro outing and one of the judges critiques were his abs disappeared from the side. He rarely trains abs and they look good front facing but from the side they smooth out compared to the other competitors he was up against. I saw the pics myself and sure as shit it looked like he had no ab development from the side.

View attachment 97021
It's my "off-season"

2 quick questions for anyone with input

1. My abs muscles are too big, i want the shape, just not the mass. Is the solution just dropping weight on weighted ab sets?

2. Has anyone ever tried all timed sets instead of reps?
Man, how do you guys get so lean and thick at the same time??

I’m 225lbs. I have about 25lbs of fat I need to lose. I’m nursing some health issues but when I go back am I supposed to just start eating 3500-4000 calories, 400g carbs e/d? Or do I first lose the obvious fat then begin the muscle building.

I look at all of these physiques and am curious if you guys started with skin and bones or overweight and what did you do to get this way? (Meal plans/diet)

It comes with time and muscle maturity imo. In my 20s I wanted the physique I have now at 40. IMG_1653.jpg

Check
Out bill pearl. This guy looked better the older he got
Imo. Tom platz is another. Just comes with time brutha. Jmax been going hard since I knew him. I think him and skull have made the best progress during the course of my few years here on meso.

Man, how do you guys get so lean and thick at the same time??

I’m 225lbs. I have about 25lbs of fat I need to lose. I’m nursing some health issues but when I go back am I supposed to just start eating 3500-4000 calories, 400g carbs e/d? Or do I first lose the obvious fat then begin the muscle building.

I look at all of these physiques and am curious if you guys started with skin and bones or overweight and what did you do to get this way? (Meal plans/diet)
The magic of AAS and increased protein synthesis
Ive built muscle and displaced fat on every cycle ive done since the first. I was 265 naturally but was like an XL and like 26" legs. Every time i come back down to 265 after a cycle ive appreciated in some form of muscle mass. Less and less over time. Ill get GH involved at some point. No hurry. Infact my waist has continually gotten smaller and everything else has grown significantly. Even at the same net bodyweight. Now rocking a 3x and legs over 30"s. So bodyweight is one thing. But not nearly the whole story.
Im naturally a lanky skinny fucker btw. Affectionately coined as farm boy or sasquatch growing up. You know the type

The magic of AAS and increased protein synthesis
Ive built muscle and displaced fat on every cycle ive done since the first. I was 265 naturally but was like an XL and like 26" legs. Every time i come back down to 265 after a cycle ive appreciated in some form of muscle mass. Less and less over time. Ill get GH involved at some point. No hurry. Infact my waist has continually gotten smaller and everything else has grown significantly. Even at the same net bodyweight. Now rocking a 3x and legs over 30"s. So bodyweight is one thing. But not nearly the whole story.
Im naturally a lanky skinny fucker btw. Affectionately coined as farm boy or sasquatch growing up. You know the type

Lanky skinny mofo?
Dang Trukkk. I started this at 130lbs, trained 13 years natty. I’m just about I’d say 15-20 years I’ve put on 100 lbs. I believe you [emoji817] about being lanky and skinny. I was too. But your a fuccn monster now. Like a real life monster. Your the guy who bends bars doin front squats [emoji1373][emoji817][emoji91]