Who is our biggest, most shredded member at Meso?

Anything you'd like to share with a guy who is having a hard time getting his legs to grow? Both of you have monsters.
Saw this and needed to add my .02. It’s going to be a bit of a mess, but I didn’t spend too much time organizing so give me a break.

The answer for me has always been heavy weight for high reps. Seems counterintuitive, but hear me out.

First, if you’re going for allout growth legs needs to be a 2x a week war. Two full leg days, one ham dominant (but still do quads) and one quad dominant (but still do hams), however you want to do it.

Second, compound exercises are king. This is especially true for legs IMO. Squats, hacks, deadlifts, and leg presses are a must so long as you can do them.

Now when I say heavy weight for high reps I mean set extensions and intensity techniques. I’ve always done it this way and it’s worked. Don’t be afraid to hit 20, 30, even 40 rep sets that wreck you. It works.

-Clusters: 10-15 second breaks inside of one set comprised of 3-4 mini sets of say 6-8 reps so you end up with 18-32 reps of a weight you’d normally do 10 or 12 of. This is king on leg press IMO.

-Drop sets: Every leg day of mine used to have a drop set of squats from atleast 315, sometimes 405 or more all the way down to body weight. Brutal. Works well for hacks too. Lasts a bit too long on legpress IMO.

-Pre-exhaustion: I have ALWAYS hit leg curls first as I’ve found they warm my knees great for compound movenents, but add leg extensions right before squats or hacks and die.

Some of my favorites:
Quad development
-free weight squats with a middle stance and lots of knee flexion (ass goes down not out) drop sets
-hack squats with 1-1/2 reps
-hex bar conventional deadlifts (constant tension, no set down)
-close/low stance leg press cluster sets

Ham development
-deadlifts (conventional and sumo) after a prexhaustion of the target muscle
-lying leg curls with 15 bottom partials at the end of the final set
-HEAVY standing or seated leg curls (later in the workout)
-high rep SLDLs without lockout and as much movement backwards with your ass as possible

Overall
-walking lunges (as a warmup, as a heavy mid-workout movement, or as a finisher till you drop)

Happy to share full workouts if you’d like, I have a bunch saved.

Photo attached as proof I atleast know how to make my legs grow. Excuse the mess and the creepy crib; was a mid-vacation check-in photo.

Attachments

• 771887CE-2414-42ED-8FAC-FD9820311445.jpeg
    771887CE-2414-42ED-8FAC-FD9820311445.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I like this idea. I used to do leg extensions as a warm up and I noticed knee pain started to develop. What do you do for stretching? I have noticed hip tightness as well. Even while running deca.
4 weeks of pre and post workout stretches fixed my knee pain about a year ago. These are 4 basic ones I did. Check some vids to get the cues for them.

It’s pretty cool; my knee issues started at tight hips. All connected.

The leg curl before squats or leg press I got from Meadows i think. Started doing it a few years ago and it just made that first heavy set of squats much smoother.

Attachments

• 004C9DDB-6A39-4F85-83B0-9C33728172FA.png
    004C9DDB-6A39-4F85-83B0-9C33728172FA.png
    469 KB · Views: 92
  • BBC9946E-A02C-4886-A44E-1FF8B7E429ED.jpeg
    BBC9946E-A02C-4886-A44E-1FF8B7E429ED.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 39C9CE4E-17BA-45B7-9BFC-60900D787C1D.jpeg
    39C9CE4E-17BA-45B7-9BFC-60900D787C1D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 88
  • BD2CEE2A-71E6-4967-950F-BBEA6ED4756E.jpeg
    BD2CEE2A-71E6-4967-950F-BBEA6ED4756E.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Saw this and needed to add my .02. It’s going to be a bit of a mess, but I didn’t spend too much time organizing so give me a break.

The answer for me has always been heavy weight for high reps. Seems counterintuitive, but hear me out.

First, if you’re going for allout growth legs needs to be a 2x a week war. Two full leg days, one ham dominant (but still do quads) and one quad dominant (but still do hams), however you want to do it.

Second, compound exercises are king. This is especially true for legs IMO. Squats, hacks, deadlifts, and leg presses are a must so long as you can do them.

Now when I say heavy weight for high reps I mean set extensions and intensity techniques. I’ve always done it this way and it’s worked. Don’t be afraid to hit 20, 30, even 40 rep sets that wreck you. It works.

-Clusters: 10-15 second breaks inside of one set comprised of 3-4 mini sets of say 6-8 reps so you end up with 18-32 reps of a weight you’d normally do 10 or 12 of. This is king on leg press IMO.

-Drop sets: Every leg day of mine used to have a drop set of squats from atleast 315, sometimes 405 or more all the way down to body weight. Brutal. Works well for hacks too. Lasts a bit too long on legpress IMO.

-Pre-exhaustion: I have ALWAYS hit leg curls first as I’ve found they warm my knees great for compound movenents, but add leg extensions right before squats or hacks and die.

Some of my favorites:
Quad development
-free weight squats with a middle stance and lots of knee flexion (ass goes down not out) drop sets

Ham development
-high rep SLDLs without lockout and as much movement backwards with your ass as possible

Overall
-walking lunges (as a warmup, as a heavy mid-workout movement, or as a finisher till you drop)

Photo attached as proof I atleast know how to make my legs grow. Excuse the mess and the creepy crib; was a mid-vacation check-in photo.
Screenshotted

Some of my favorites:
Quad development

Ham development

Overall

You're a monster.

I like all your different set variations (clusters, drop sets ect..) I like to do some kind of variation like that to really get the most out of a set.

One question.
Is there any reason to do the hip abduction machines? Is it a good addition to a leg workout or a waste of time?

Can't lie I never use hip or thigh machines. I started lifting in the DOC and there's certain lifts you just don't do, lol. Any exercise that was perceived as feminine was called "some jane fonda shit". A reference to Jane Fonda's VHS exercise videos. I know that no one in a real gym judges you like that but I still can't get over it.

You're a monster.

I like all your different set variations (clusters, drop sets ect..) I like to do some kind of variation like that to really get the most out of a set.

One question.
Is there any reason to do the hip abduction machines? Is it a good addition to a leg workout or a waste of time?
100%. Sometimes i warm-up with a quad-set of Curls/extensions/adductor/adductor and I’ll put heavy sets in every couple weeks. It doesn’t need to be a staple like squats but yes, they’re worth including.

Can't lie I never use hip or thigh machines. I started lifting in the DOC and there's certain lifts you just don't do, lol. Any exercise that was perceived as feminine was called "some jane fonda shit". A reference to Jane Fonda's VHS exercise videos. I know that no one in a real gym judges you like that but I still can't get over it.
I hear it’s all about establishing dominance. Make heavy eye contact with an aggressive smirk.

Hip adduction and abduction is key to creating a strong foundation for squats. Helps stabilize the knees tremendously. Helps in grappling too for foundation and flexibility in strength. One without the other is no good. Must have flexibility AND strength.
Hell yes there worth doing.

Wait are you guys talking about the platforms? Or the ones you sit down in and compress or widen your thighs/legs? I tried google image search but adduction/adbuction returned pretty much the same images.

Wait are you guys talking about the platforms? Or the ones you sit down in and compress or widen your thighs/legs? I tried google image search but adduction/adbuction returned pretty much the same images.
Yes. The pussy tightening and bikini booty building machines.

Strong hips belong to some of the best fighters in the world. Its key in grappling AND striking. Also strength athletes and serious athletes that require strength in flexibility and mobility. Think NFL, MMA etc

Some of my favorites:
Quad development

Ham development

Overall

MONSTER-SIZE !! :eek: Id go for a pro-card if I was you brother ! o_O ~Ogh