Who is our biggest, most shredded member at Meso?

I’d die for that support system in this endeavor. I don’t have a training partner or anyone more knowledgeable than myself in diet or training, as far as I know, in my gym or locally (I’m sort of in the sticks a bit). In Houston, it was way different. Loved the atmosphere. PLs, strongmen BBs, everybody just fucking got after it and lit shit up together.

I agree with tbsy
I’d die for that support system in this endeavor. I don’t have a training partner or anyone more knowledgeable than myself in diet or training, as far as I know, in my gym or locally (I’m sort of in the sticks a bit). In Houston, it was way different. Loved the atmosphere. PLs, strongmen BBs, everybody just fucking got after it and lit shit up together.

I agree with that 100. I’m the same way. No training partner, I mostly do my diet or a friend helps me. I got a lot of knowledge from guys like @fodsod and @rutman. Guys who have been doing it for a long time.

A lot of people around me are paying these coaches insane amounts of money and look like shit and are getting taken advantage of. It’s hard to find someone who actually wants to help YOU and not just be a dollar sign to them. I get it’s a big business now and I know most coaches around here are charging 200 a month or so and hardly any of there guys actually look any good.

A lot of people around me are paying these coaches insane amounts of money and look like shit and are getting taken advantage of. It’s hard to find someone who actually wants to help YOU and not just be a dollar sign to them.

So much truth here.

I've literally turned down 2 guys in the last 3 months that tried to give me money for helping them after their local coaches (2 different coaches) failed them miserably in prep for late season shows. They approached me at the gym and were almost begging for help. Both are younger guys with good genetics and some potential.

If it's not a lot of effort on my end I just can't feel good about taking their money. Now if they want complete legit programs or constant assessment or input that's a different story. But in these cases I just looked over their recent protocols, made some adjustments, a few changes then spent maybe 1 hour with each of them going over the new plan after I was done training.

I get so much more out of teaching them what they're asking about so they can apply it again later and understand why they're doing it. Then again, I'm not trying to build a business out of it either so I have no need for a client retention approach. I've got no problem with good coaches/trainers getting paid for their knowledge. Most just aren't worth hiring.

How do you guys feel about these coaches that have coaches that have coaches?
This is a HUGE issue to me. But it can be just as bad to not know who coached your coach.

If you’re going to get a coach, find someone who you can sort of verify their method. I.E. not somebody in a gainf chain of coaches.

Every high level competitor should have a second set of eyes. Not everyone needs a full coach, but everyone’s training and diet ideaologies come from somewhere. Just gotta do your research.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about these coaches that have coaches that have coaches?
Very reasonable if the coach is training people below his level and using a coach to get himself to a premier level. Sometimes, top level guys require a clear (not low carb/deep into a tough prep) mind to keep them on track and help them map out a few key elements that they haven't been able to figure out on their own.

Very reasonable if the coach is training people below his level and using a coach to get himself to a premier level. Sometimes, top level guys require a clear (not low carb/deep into a tough prep) mind to keep them on track and help them map out a few key elements that they haven't been able to figure out on their own.
100%

I think he means much deeper chains of coaching...3,4,5 coach lineage.
Yea , I was referring to the guys who are nobodies and start trying to recruit clients bc they did one show, all the while they're just repeating shit from their coach who is a nobody as well.

Definitely not referring to top level guys who have someone help dial them in. Totally different situation.

Yea , I was referring to the guys who are nobodies and start trying to recruit clients bc they did one show, all the while they're just repeating shit from their coach who is a nobody as well.

Definitely not referring to top level guys who have someone help dial them in. Totally different situation.

What you're describing is exactly the issue that is plaguing the industry.

7ef9078cfcf923fc97f47e7abf746364.jpg

This is like 99% of the reason i don’t have clients.

I’ve prepped my closest friend for her WBFF debut. I’ve helped family and friends lose weight or gain muscle. I have no desire to deal with the open market training fuckery.

What you're describing is exactly the issue that is plaguing the industry.

View attachment 101822

There is a local coach around me. He’s got a huge team. Has his own gym. Thinks he’s big shit.

Last show had about 10 peope in
They ranged in placing all in the bottom of their classes. I asked this girl I know how did you like your results she’s like I’m happy. I looked at the score cards she got 11 out 14 in open, another guy got 9 out of 10 in his class. Another guy 4 out 6. This wasn’t even nationals.

But he keeps racking in the clients with his new gym. He does cycles for these people as well. I heard from one person I know he started a kid on his first cycle at 3 cc a week of test 3 cc week of eq and 3 cc npp. And this kid is maybe 160 still very young. Didn’t teach him anything about pct nothing. And you have no idea the prices he’s charging these people for gear it’s insane

It’s a shame and this guy is making a pretty good living doing this. He’s never competed at the pro level never even did nationals yet everyone goes to him and who do you think he uses as a coach? A local ifbb pro. It’s crazy

Yea this is what I was getting at. I've been training for a long time, especially for my age. The scene and idea of what lifting weights is about is so much different , mostly changing in the past 5 years.

I see guys I know have maybe 1-2 years training under their belts, and no trophies or titles, trying to solicit clients. I'm not talkint about super knowledgeable guys that just don't look the part, either.

My very close friend has a state record in squats, and is now paying for a coach that I know wasn't even involved in this shit two years ago. And he's a bodybuilding coach! I'm like what in the hell can this guy tell you man?

Maybe I just have a bad attitude about it. If he improves on his lifts or performance in his next meet I'll eat my words . Idk why I even care .End rant.

In the internet age, I’m done feeling sorry for people who don’t do their homework or refuse to make a change because the result wasn’t the expectation.

Ah yes. I have heard of this:rolleyes:
I remember stumbling upon that revelation
Its EVERYWHERE.
LMAO